PDA

View Full Version : pregnant and rides

shan1021
10-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi guys, i'm going to be 19 this month and i want to go to disney one more time before the baby is born, and my parents and I are thinking december-- so i will be like going towards the end of 3 months pregnant-- i've been there like 13 times and i know about the rides and stuff, but i wanted to hear from other pregnant woman or in the past who might have went at like 3 months and let me know what rides they stayed off of. thanks!:mickey:

ljv1975
10-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I went to WDW this past March when I was almost 7 months pregnant. My DD was 2 1/2 at the time. I was able to ride on everything that she could ride on. I even did the safari at AK. Obviously, I didn't do any of the mountains or rides like Star Tours and Mission Space.

Before we left, I made to sure to double check everything with my ob/gyn and he assured me that I would be able to ride the tame rides and enjoy them with my DD. When she would fall asleep in her stroller, I would relax on a bench in the shade while DH rode the bigger rides we couldn't. It worked out just fine.

Honestly, the hardest part was all of the walking throughout the week. By the end of our trip, my feet really hurt!!! Just make sure that you drink lots of water and take breaks when you feel tired. I would talk to your doctor as well because everyone's situation is different, but I expect that you will have a wonderful time.

Have fun and congratulations again!!

shan1021
10-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much! I'm really excited to go, even though i'm pregnant-- i love disney and i don't think anything could make me not love it, so i'm sure i'll have a good time. thanks for responding!<3

MickeysEars
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I went to DL while pg and still had a wonderful time. I just had to stay away from bumpy rides, I even rode Sorin, it is so mellow and smooth. Congrats...

mulderxcoltrane
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
A general rule of thumb is to not ride any attraction with height restrictions. There are some exceptions:

- Soarin is usually approved.
- The Kilamanjaro Safaris are one of those borderline ones to check with your doctor about b/c of the bumpiness. Some greenlight it and others forbid it. It usually depends on the week of pregnancy and any risk factors.

shan1021
10-04-2008, 10:52 PM
thanks everyone<3.