PDA

View Full Version : Which Restaurant?

wdwspencer
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I am planning our Disneyworld Vacation and i Am wondering which out of these 4 restaurants to choose from. They are narcooses, california grill,flying fish cafe and hollywood brown derby.

GrmGrninGost
10-04-2008, 08:24 PM
For me it would be Cali Grill. I would book it so I would be there during the Wishes fireworks presentation at Magic Kingdom.

Natazu
10-05-2008, 03:50 AM
The good news is there's no wrong answer. Here are my thoughts one each for what it's worth:

California Grill (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
People often ask, “what’s more important: atmosphere, food, or service?”. The answer is consistency. A packed house every night, the expert staff led by veteran General Manager and Master Sommelier Bridget Sherren consistently turns out timely, perfectly prepared, gourmet fare, served by consummate professional servers. You rarely see a new face at CG because the staff is happy there. Everyone works well together because they’re a true team, from George at the bar to Ashley on the floor and Gary in the wine room. Don’t miss a chance to try some of the best sushi in Central Florida from the knife of world-renowned sushi Chef Yoshi. Then, sample the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, and save room for a Filet Mignon you can cut with a fork. For dessert, THE Valrhona Chocolate Cake can't be beat... if there's room.

Flying Fish (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
This place is easy to miss, stuck in a corner of Disney’s Boardwalk. Let me assure you, it deserves a place right in the center of the property. Tantalizing choices of appetizers bursting with the flavors of exotic spices, mouth watering daily soups (Chef Tim’s specialty), and a brilliantly selected degustation of cheeses are just for starters here. The real star of this menu is the long-time favorite, Potato Wrapped Red Snapper in a Veal Glace, Red Wine, and Cassis Butter Sauce but always watch for new items from the creative mind of Tim Keating. Take a seat at the chef’s counter for a real treat (and some free treats) or sit by the window for a great view of The Boardwalk and revel in the radiance of quality.

Brown Derby (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
Booth number five at this location may have never seen the likes of Clark Gable proposing to Carole Lombard, but the menu originality, quality of service and overall value makes the Disney version of Hollywood Brown Derby just as good as its California counterpart. Take time to gander at the caricatures throughout the lobby. Then try the Cobb Salad or the BBQ Scallop and Pork Belly, two of the things that make this place unique. There’s not a bad entrée in the house and their version of Bananas Foster is to die for.

Narcoossee's (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺
The last of the surf-n-turf venues accepting the dining plan, don’t let that novelty lull you into thinking this place is anything short of spectacular. Offering the best seafood chowder I’ve ever tasted, the seafood-centric menu teems with exciting culinary delights. Give a try to inspired crab cakes, perfectly grilled scallops, or one of the best salmon dishes on property. And for the sweet tooth, there are a lot of places at Disney cranking out crème brûlée but Narcoossee’s Key Lime Crème Brûlée far outshines the rest.

Bethanymouse
10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
California Grill is one of our absolute favorites! I say go for that one!

Simba's Mom
10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Narcoose's and California Grill are pretty close, but I give the edge to Narcoose's because it seemed less loud and I prefered the view of "Wishes". I also got to see the Electric Water Pagent from there.

hardingella
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Brown Derby is one of our favorite places to eat, we have never missed it. Quality of food and service is as good as you will get anywhere. The wine list is wonderful,and the waiters and waitresses look so smart.
It a GROWN UP place to eat but the children are still very well catered for. My DS7 is a real fussy eater, but they really went out of their way to make sure he had something he liked, which was off the menu.It also gets you away from the hussle and bussle of WDW,you can RELAX.
We were lucky last trip as we managed to book the Fantasmic package, which gets you VIP seating for the show, well worth the effort.
If you do go, make sure you order the signature dessert, delicious.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
They all have excellent food and service. You can't go wrong. I would say it comes down to preference and atmosphere. Maybe go to Info Central and look up the menus? Also, worth noting:

California Grill has amazing panoramic views of the Seven Seas Lagoon, Bay Lake, and the Magic Kingdom. There's a viewing area for the MK fireworks and I've never had a more breathtaking fireworks experience than watching them from this eagle-eye view over the park.

Narcoossee's does have a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere, on the water vs over it. You can also view fireworks from a deck here and watch the Electrical Water Pageant.

Flying Fish is on the Boardwalk, so there's exciting atmosphere and nightlife options in the area after your meal.

Brown Derby is the only one in a theme park, and the lesser of all the choices to me, though still a wonderful place to eat. The bonus is that you can get the Fantasmic package here, and if you're interested in watching Fantasmic, it's not a bad deal. But if you're more about having an amazing meal in a fancier atmosphere, this wouldn't be my choice.

Maleficent's Dad
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
They are narcooses, california grill,flying fish cafe and hollywood brown derby.
Wow! A post with four of my favorite dining spots in question!!! :thumbsup:

The good news is there's no wrong answer.
Once again, Jym beat me to the punch. His review is dead-on. Just love the places in question!

We never miss the HBD or FF - EVER! And Narcoosee's and CG are tops on the list as well (just not as convenient when you're staying at the BW!).