PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Disney magic????

dumbomydumbo
10-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I will be going to a convention at CS for 8 days next week. Due to medical reasons I cannot walk to far. I know Coronado Springs is spread out and I would not ordinarily stay there but it is the sight of the convention. Anyway, I was told by a hotel front desk worker that I would probably not get a room close to the front because I was on a special rate. How special is $149.00 per night???? Actually the front desk guy was a jerk!!! Any advice, should I contact the hotel manager!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::bang::bang:

CleveRocks
10-04-2008, 07:28 PM
You didn't speak with a front desk person, you spoke with a reservations agent at the Disney Reservations Center. Even though DIsney publishes each resort's phone numbers, every call still goes to the call center. The CM knows where the call was meant for, but they don't let on that they're not at that property.

In short, my advice is call back. And keep calling until you find a CM with a heart AND a brain.

I say "brain" because the CM should know that CSR doesn't have different room categories by distance from the convention center. The room assigner at the resort doesn't assign rooms by how much someone paid. This is ESPECIALLY true at CSR, since it's one of the few resorts where there isn't one obvious "best" place to be. Some people want to be near the convention center. Some people want to be near the main pool. Some people want to be near the first bus stop. Those are 3 different locations.

Call back. All you really need to do is have a request put on your reservation that says something like "for medical reasons, room close to convention center." About 4 or 5 days before your arrival, the CSR rooms assigner will see your reservation and hopefully can grant your request ... it really can't be done before then anyway.

I'm sure you'll get what you want, but PLEASE post again after your trip to let us know how it went!!!

dumbomydumbo
10-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Thank you for the advice. I will definately keep trying and will keep you updated.:thumbsup:

KatMark
10-05-2008, 01:00 PM
And if you get no where on the phone, when you arrive ask that you see the manager and explain you have a medical condition and would like to be In Casitas 1--this is right next to the convention center.

TammiMcMan
10-05-2008, 01:55 PM
You really should be speaking with someone in special services. They're the only ones who have the authorization to block rooms based on medical needs. Try them at 407-939-7807.

WDWFanatic
10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Also, could you look into renting a scooter? My friends parents did, from one of the outside vendors suggested here on Intercot and loved it.

Hope you get the room you need. Have a great trip.

tikiman
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
You didn't speak with a front desk person, you spoke with a reservations agent at the Disney Reservations Center. Even though DIsney publishes each resort's phone numbers, every call still goes to the call center. The CM knows where the call was meant for, but they don't let on that they're not at that property.

In short, my advice is call back. And keep calling until you find a CM with a heart AND a brain.

I say "brain" because the CM should know that CSR doesn't have different room categories by distance from the convention center. The room assigner at the resort doesn't assign rooms by how much someone paid. This is ESPECIALLY true at CSR, since it's one of the few resorts where there isn't one obvious "best" place to be. Some people want to be near the convention center. Some people want to be near the main pool. Some people want to be near the first bus stop. Those are 3 different locations.

Call back. All you really need to do is have a request put on your reservation that says something like "for medical reasons, room close to convention center." About 4 or 5 days before your arrival, the CSR rooms assigner will see your reservation and hopefully can grant your request ... it really can't be done before then anyway.

I'm sure you'll get what you want, but PLEASE post again after your trip to let us know how it went!!!

Very good advice!!! :thumbsup: