PDA

View Full Version : Be careful when you purchase....

DisneyCrazy4444
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Be careful when you purchase anything on a hanger. The little round plastic thing on the hanger with the size on it, is most likely NOT the size of the item you are purchasing. Believe me, I learned the hard way. I bought a $54 sweat shirt at the Emporium with a L on the hanger. When I got home, it had XXXL on the tag inside the sweat shirt. After much trauma with the CM on the phone, (who was in no way nice) I finally spoke with a supervisor who said they could exchange it. I sent it and I have my fingers crossed hoping it gets back to me. I should have looked, but we were on our way out of the park and it was a last minute purchase.

disneychick62
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
i here ya. my daughter was in disney world and purchased a pair of slippers from rain forest cafe. they said size 8 on the tag but inside it said 10. i called them and they told me step by step what to do. after all that they told me they wont be gettn any more in so they sent me a check. they were nice about it.....:mickey:

mickey&missy
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Be careful when you purchase anything on a hanger. The little round plastic thing on the hanger with the size on it, is most likely NOT the size of the item you are purchasing. Believe me, I learned the hard way. I bought a $54 sweat shirt at the Emporium with a L on the hanger. When I got home, it had XXXL on the tag inside the sweat shirt. After much trauma with the CM on the phone, (who was in no way nice) I finally spoke with a supervisor who said they could exchange it. I sent it and I have my fingers crossed hoping it gets back to me. I should have looked, but we were on our way out of the park and it was a last minute purchase.

No joke, the exact same thing happened to me with 2 items on our trip in March! One of the items I sent back and exchanged for the right size as it was a gift for my sister. Luckily the CM I spoke to was super nice! The other item I gave to someone who it would fit as a gift and purchased another through merchandising!

I definitely learned my lesson!! I'll be checking very, very closly next trip!

justice11
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
how did you purchase something through merchandising. is there a place you can order stuff you want from wdw. thanks

Piglet822
10-05-2008, 12:31 AM
This problem is not isolated to Disney, I always check the size on the garment itself - I've found discrepancies at most major retailers.

You can contact WDW Merchandsing by either telephone or email. Be prepared to give a description of the item you are interested in, the more detailed the better. Here's their info:

WDW Merchandising should be able to help.
Their phone number is 407-363-6200, or you can reach them by email at [email protected]

big blue and hairy
10-05-2008, 12:35 PM
This problem is not isolated to Disney, I always check the size on the garment itself - I've found discrepancies at most major retailers.

Exactly. If you've shopped like that at other stores and not ended up with the wrong size, you're lucky.

:sulley:

MickeyMousse
10-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Been there, done that!! Fortunately we were still in Disney when we noticed that the sweatshirt I had bought to take home to my mother had a tag that read M unlike the hanger which read XL. :bang: From that point on I have always double checked the tags!

DizneyRox
10-05-2008, 02:14 PM
I've seen people having arguments with store employees about the right size, was the hanger right or the tag on the clothing. Seems like a no brainer to me, but some people will argue over anything.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-05-2008, 03:18 PM
FYI- If this happens to you with Disney merchandise (or if you change your mind about something you bought), you can return it to your local Disney store (assuming you still have one). I used to be a Disney store CM and we had ppl return things like this all the time. It's actually a good thing for other shoppers, b/c they can then buy something from the parks w/o having to travel!:mickey:

SurferStitch
10-05-2008, 10:48 PM
You also have to check to make sure they remove security tags, too!

I bought a Stitch football jersey at the sports store in DTD during our last trip. I noticed that night in our hotel room that the security tag was still attached (I planned to wear it to bed). I called about it, and was told I could take it to any store on property to have it removed.

I took it to Summer Lace in the Grand Flo the next morning (we were staying there), and they removed it for us. Good thing I wanted to wear it before we went home, or else I probably wouldn't have noticed!!

Tink's Mom
10-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I will make sure I check.

TinkerbellT421
10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I remember going shopping with my mom when I was younger and she always taught me to check the tag inside the shirt and/or pants NOT the hanger...So I grew up doing that so I do it just out of habit. And also at the register make sure to watch that they take the security tags off. You would be surprised how many times I have to tell them to take it off when they dont. This is in any store not just disney. So from doing that I have saved myself a lot of headaches. Moms are always right! lol :mickey:
Oh and she taught me NEVER EVER drive away from a fast food place without making sure you have everything you ordered and if its even the right order. You might think it would be easy to figure out orders at fast food places but there have been many many times I get the entirely wrong order! THe girls at work never check their orders and they always end up throwing it out or complaining about it for the rest of the day because their orders were wrong all together or missing something they paid for!

Darbylew
10-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I always check the tags inside the clothes. I
think when they need a hanger they just hang
it. I know this happens everywhere not just
at Disney.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
8 DAYS! :D

badkitty
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Also, be aware that all sizes are not created equal (especially when purchasing t-shirts). I would hold it up to you or a loved one (or a stranger if you want and they will let you!) I have purchased "large" size event t-shirts that were sized more like a "med". (And no, I didn't just gain weight!)

JPL
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Also double check when a CM goes in the back to get you the right sixe if it's not out in the store this happened to me once and I got a Medium instead of an XL :mad: After digging and digging I found the receipt and it was exchange over the phone but still a big hassle and to top it off the security was still on the medium :rolleyes:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
You also have to check to make sure they remove security tags, too!

I bought a Stitch football jersey at the sports store in DTD during our last trip. I noticed that night in our hotel room that the security tag was still attached (I planned to wear it to bed). I called about it, and was told I could take it to any store on property to have it removed.

That's something the DIsney store can't do for you, btw. There were several times ppl came in w/ WDW or DL merchandise hoping we could take the tags off. But, the stores and parks use different types of tags (even some of the stores use different tags) so if you don't get 'em off at the park, you're probably not going to get them off at all!:(