PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews 9/12 - 9/22 (more)

cal5755
10-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok so this is the second half of reviews for our 11 day stay.

Yak and Yeti - Lunch - We were seated within about 5 minutes and we were a party of 12. This place is now on our must do list. We were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is nice and our waiter Marc was exceptional. We all enjoyed this meal. The portions are HUGE though. Mom, Apple and I share most meals so for apps we got steamed mussels, pot stickers and egg rolls. All were delicious. For meals we got honey chicken, sweet and sour pork and lo mein. The lo mein was our least favorite but it was not terrible. My dh had the tempura shrimp and he loved it. DS had the duck and loved it too. DD's had egg rolls and potstickers. It was a lot of food. We did get dessert though. I had fried wontons...yummy. Apple had sorbets, DH had the mango pie and raved about it. Great meal! Rating 9 1/2.

Planet Hollywood - Dinner- I am so over this place lol. We were a party of 12 and actually got seated a 1/2 hour before our res. time. I do like the atmosphere but it is so loud. We were on the top tier. Our waitress could not handle our party size. She brought out appetizers for 8 of us and it was another 10 minutes before the other 4 got theirs. The drinks were slow to be refilled. The food was ok in my opinion. I had the LA Lasagna...pretty good but not overwhelming. Then for dessert we had to split banana splits!! I don't mind sharing but the portions were not big enough for 2. We have been there plenty of times and were never told that if we wanted a particular dessert it had to be split between two people. The prices do not match the quality or service. I put this on my please don't make me do it again list lol. Rating - 3.

1900 park fare - breakfast- We were seated within 10 minutes and were a party of 10. Our servers name was Joan... our 2nd worst server of the week. Nicole from 50's prime time was the worst!! Anyway after a not so wonderful dinner the night before we were hoping for a great breakfast. Our whole party agreed that this was not it. The characters were great though. Tigger and the Mad Hatter especially and they got special thank you cards from the girls. The food was just blah though and there was less of a selection it seemed than the other breakfast buffets. Mom and I made only one trip and were just not impressed enough with anything to go back. Our server never refilled our juices and was missing for long periods of time. When she came back to collect the cards for the dining plan she just scooped them up and left and I leterally had to chase her saying m'am , m'am, m'am....she ignored me and another waitstaff pulled her out from the back so I could explain that one of the cards was only 1 child 1 adult. Then she put the gratuity charged to the room without even asking and got super snotty when we asked for it to be removed because we would be paying cash. The second time we did not want to leave the 18 percent added.... we learned a lesson that we will book smaller parties and sit seperately next year. Would not go back for breakfast but may try dinner.... Rating 3

Hoop Dee Doo Revue - Party of 12. ABSOLUTELY loved the show... it was so worth the price. We will do it again for the show but will have a snack before we go or after we go because the food was just blah. The potatoes were cold and the chicken and ribs were overdone. Hoping this was just a bad day in the kitchen because our friends went the next day and said the food was good. We asked our server for more cornbread and she said in a few minutes and never came back with any. She was grumpy too. That stinks when you have waiters who are interacting with their tables and your waitress can't be bothered. This still is a must do for us because the show was really that great ... my DD 5 was cracking up the whole time!! Rating -8 (only because of the show)

Coral Reef - lunch - Party of 12 and we were seated 1/2 hour after our check in time. We were starving by the time we sat down and Aunt Apple picked up her napkin and started eating it lol... I had to take the napkin away and thankfully the waiter ran to get some bread for her!! He got a special thank you card for dealing with her so nicely because she was less than pleasant during this meal. She was saying "what is taking so long for the **** food...did he take our order yet or what...are we gonna sit here all day with nothing nothing nothing..." We are glad he had a sense of humor because we chuckle when she gets a bit onry. He was also great because he kept telling us we were on vacation and to stop cleaning the table. This was a great meal...and a great atmosphere. The fish are very calming but we were too far away for it to have an affect on Aunt Apple. My mom had the steak and she loved it. I had the lobster salad and seafood bisque and it was mmmmm good. Of course the chocolate wave was for dessert and it was sooo good. This will most likely be on our next years list again!! Rating 9 1/2

Le Cellier - Dinner - party of 8 and we were seated about 25 minutes after check in. Ok this place lived up to it's hype!! Our waiter was phenomenal. He took his time with us explaining the menu and getting to know where we were from etc. Cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread sticks... yummy yummy yummy!! Filet mignon ....melt in your mouth yummy!! Mouse dessert yummy and the taste of DS maple creme brulee yummy!! This whole meal from start to finish was superb for all 8 of us!! This is a must do for next year!! Rating 10

Captain Jacks - Dinner - party of 12 and were seated within 15 minutes. This used to be a favorite of mine that is now bumped way down. Service was slow and our server did not want to wait on a larger party. Kept complaining about how heavy everything was. They removed my DD9 favorite dessert from the menu. They don't serve rolls and we had to beg for a hot dog roll for Aunt Apple who does not sit patiently for food and needs something to nibble on while she waits. It was the one day we left the snack bag at the hotel. The food is good but not worth the price in my opinion and they did away with the surf n turf and that is DH favorite meal. I had the lobster tails... good but for the price it should have been melt in your mouth. To me it is not worth the go back to the hotel to catch another bus, I would rather eat in the park. Rating - 5

Crystal Palace - Breakfast - party of 10 seated immediately. Love this breakfast buffet and the puffed french toast is to die for!! I had 2 helpings of that. There was a good spread and everyone loved it. I love the characters but this time they were so slow and we never did see tigger. We could have waited but we had seen him at 1900 park fare so we decided after eating a yummy breakfast to start our last day in MK. Overall a great experience and always on our list of must do. Rating 8 1/2

Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch - party of 9 and were seated 20 minutes after check in. We had a nice waiter and I love LTT for lunch. The food was excellent I had the pasta dish. Aunt Apple had the pot roast and she devoured it...a huge portion. Mom had the pot roast too and said it was scrumptious. DH had the tricorner sandwich and he loved it. DS had the salmon sandwich but he did not like the mayo sauce. The girls loved their kids meals too. Dessert was ooey gooey toffee yumminess for all of us..though two bites was more than enough. It was a really great meal!! Rating - 9

Our last meal!!
Boma- Breakfast- party of 8 and seated within 10 minutes. I will tell you in my trip report why I felt like Santa Clause hee hee. But the meal itself was good. Buffet style with some african dishes and my son loved trying them. There was plenty for those of us who are less adventurous. It was not our favorite breakfast buffet but it was good. Rating - 7 1/2

Final thoughts about Deluxe Dining. Ok we loved all the 2 ts meals and will definitely take advantage of it again and try some signature dining. We thought it was well worth the extra money and have added it on to our November get a way.

Thoughts on big parties and gratuity added. Next year I will only be making res. for my family of 7 and we will be doing a table of 3 and a table of 4. There were too many times this year we were "forgotten" about because they knew the tip they were getting... and 3 times this year that I would have left far less than 18 percent. I am a waitress so I know what it is to depend on tips... we are usually overly generous with tipping . 3 rude waitresses deserved far less than what they got. I have never had a bad experience in Disney with waitstaff but this year was truly the exception. So I did learn to make sure we split up our party for next year IF we decide to keep our booking for 2009.

Hope you enjoyed these reviews... I say take in consideration peoples reviews but always try something yourself to see if you like it.

Tink's Mom
10-04-2008, 06:05 PM
I enjoyed reading both sets of your reviews. Aunt Apple sounds like a hoot!!

ljv1975
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks again for the great reviews!! I can't wait to read your trip reports!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Sounds like there were only three rotten apples and the rest good experiences....not bad...Thanks for the report

simpleyred
10-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting! I always enjoy reading everyones reviews. Sounds like you had a wonderful time :mickey:

Bethanymouse
10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I have enjoyed reading your reviews! Thanks for posting them. Glad to hear you liked Yak and Yeti, we did not have a good meal there at all. We both got the lo mein. I am glad that you enjoyed it though. Isnt Le Cellier wonderful?

We are hoping to go on the deluxe dining for our honeymoon in August so thanks for the reviews!

fanofdisney
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much for these reviews. It's so nice to hear good things about places you have ADR's at:mickey: I can't wait!!!!

pdrlkr
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Some more great reviews. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the tip on the gratuity problem of having 8 and over in your party. This will be us on our next trip. Might try your idea.

tinkerbell04
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the reviews!