PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews 9/12- 9/22 (lots)

cal5755
10-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello all. We went on a family vacation 9/12- 9/22. This is really my first relaxing day to be able to post so I will start with dining and move on to trip reports. We were there for 11 days and were on Deluxe Dining so we did lots of dining lol. I will do the first few days in this post...then another post with more.

Akersush - lunch - We were seated 35 minutes after check in. Great waiter and character interaction. The app. buffet was pretty good no shrimp though like last year. DH and son had the salmon and seafood chowder and they liked it (I tasted the chowder and it was yummy) . Youngest DD and Aunt Apple had a pizza. DH helped her cut it up and got a tink pin for being such a great caregiver by one of the staff!! I had the vegetable stuffed pasta..yummy and one dd had lamb stew, as did mom and my cousin had the chicken and beans. We will go back here again. The food was good, desserts were yummy and you can't beat all the princesses. We saw Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, Ariel and Snow White this time. Rating - 8

Garden Grill - Dinner - we were seated about 15 minutes after check in. Character interaction was good. Not too impressed with the meal here though. The potatoes were really good but the rest was just ok for all of us. We were a party of 12 here. Plenty of food for everyone but some of it was only luke warm. This was fried catfish, greenbeans, salad (the salad was good too), and beef. Dessert was pretty good. I don't think we will be going back because there are other character meals we enjoy more...I would put this as a maybe for returning. Rating - 5

Chef Mickey - Breakfast - we were seated within 10 minutes of checking in and were a party of 10. This was delicious!! Plenty to choose from. The kids loved the pb&j pizza and the breakfast pizza. Lots of different muffins and pastry. Cheesy potatoes were super yummy. Biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurt, granola, fruits. Great interaction with the characters... when Donald was visiting some kids from another table came over and was pulling on him trying to get his attention and he put his hand on his hip and pointed his finger over to their table...my kids thought it was hysterical that Donald reprimanded them. All the charaters here were great with Aunt Apple who is 96 yrs old. She got lots of hugs and kisses and gave a few herself. We will be returning as we like dinner and breakfast here. Rating - 9 1/2

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - This is my DD 9 favorite of the week. We really enjoyed this. We were a party of 12 here. We had a great waiter, very helpful. He got one of our special thank you cards (we had made thank you picture cards made at walmart with pictures of the girls from last year BBB make over that said thanks for adding to the magic) There was not much that Aunt Apple would eat so he brought her some uncrustables and goldfish. We really enjoyed the food. I loved the fresh pinapple. The bread was yummy as was the rest of the meal. The ribs were really good and the chicken and rice were good too. DD loved the volcano dessert and had 2 of them!! The show was fantastic. DD 5 fell asleep after dessert though. We will do this again. Rating 8 1/2.

Cinderellas Royal Table - Breakfast - We were seated about 15 minutes after check in and we were a party of 10. We got 3 pictures taken, one as a group, one with Aunt Apple and the girls and one with my uncle and the kids. GREAT experience here. Moms favorite place for breakfast and dinner. The stuffed french toast was soooo good. The princesses were awesome and the little wishing ceremony was great. It was perfect after the girls and Aunt Apple going to the BBB right before. Again the princesses were great with Aunt Apple. Even Snow White was great and stood near her but not too close as Aunt Apple was getting overwhelmed trying to eat with people coming to the table...we were able to get a good picture!! We loved this and will return again.. food and service was GREAT and you just can't beat the atmosphere. Rating 9 1/2.

Liberty Tree Tavern - dinner - We are seated within 10 minutes and are a party of 10 again. I have to start this by saying how sad I am that this character meal is ending. This is by far the best character meal we have ever had!! The food was delicious...all hot and yummy. It felt like thanksgiving with the turkey and stuffing....only thing missing was the cranberry sauce! Dessert was yummy too. Warm yummy apple with ice cream!! The characters here added to this meal!! They were hysterical from start to finish with all the antics. Goofy untied Chips apron, chip acted embarassed. Goofy tied Dales apron to a highchair!! Pluto chased goofy all around and ended at our table...GREAT pictures..GREAT food....GREAT fun... if it were available it would be a MUST DO for everyone!! Rating - 10

50's Prime Time Cafe - lunch- We were seated 25 minutes after check in. We were a party of 12 split up to a party of 8 and a party of 4 with 2 different waitresses and 2 totally different experiences. Table of 8 had a wonderful experience with a waitress named Elizabeth. She played to the hilt and had the party of 8 laughing and playing along. My table though.. party of 4 consisted of me, dd 5, dd 9 and Aunt Apple, not so great experience that I will talk about in my trip report. Food was really good, onion rings, crab cakes, meatloaf, fried chicken....all portions were big and good and dessert was good. This was my sons favorite place and his table had a fabulous time. Elizabeth got a special thank you card with an extra 10 dollars on top of the 18 percent already paid. My waitress was lucky I did not argue about leaving a tip. We will return, my son picks this as his must do next trip. His rating is 9 1/2. I will let his rate stand because i have had wonderful experiences here before.

Sci Fi - Dinner - Party of 12. We were seated within 10 minutes.. it was a late res. 10:00 pm. We had 2 cars side by side. The kids loved this place. The atmosphere was cool but I had the beef and blue salad and my steak on top was too well done and tough. My DH, DS and Mom had steaks and they said they were really good. Aunt Apple had the tofu and ate it all...but she eats all of everything because she loves to eat lol. Apps were good...spinache and artichoke dip and onion rings is what mom and I shared. Aunt Apple had soup and she ate it all. The girls both had pizzas and they really enjoyed their dinner. Me, Mom and Apple had the cheesecake and it was pretty good too. The kids loved it... I say it was ok... would do again for the kids. Rating 7 1/2 (though the kids say 9).

Tusker House - Breakfast - We were seated within 10 minutes and a party of 10. This was an early ADR so we got to walk in before park opening wich was really cool. The kids loved it. And we got pictures taken with photopass with an almost empty park. Breakfast buffet was good here. Me and DS did not care for the banana bread pudding but other than that everyhing was really good. Good selection of foods and cereals. Loved the house juice.. I think it was called jamba juice. Aunt Apple just loves all the buffets because she gets lots of sweet danishes and muffins... and can eat and eat and eat...her favorite past time!! The character interaction was great!! They were all fun and funny. Donald and Goofy got special thank you cards for their funny antics. We would definately go back here. Rating 8 1/2

Cinderellas Royal Table - Dinner- party of 13. This is MNSHHP night!! So we are all dressed up for our 4:30 pm reservation. We have 8 Dorothy's and 5 chef mickey's. We get 4 photos with our party size. Uncle Bobby is a hit as Queenish Dorothy lol and Aunt Apple is a hit as 90ish Dorothy!! We have waitstaff having other waitstaff come checking us out!! It was sooo much fun. We love the atmosphere in the castle!! The fairgodmother show is fantastic and the girls really love it. The food was delicious. I think most of us got the prime rib and it was melt in you mouth yummy. The chocolate cake w/cream cheese was really good!! This was another great experience at the castle... and the atmosphere is unbeatable.
Rating 9 1/2.

Hope you liked the first half of the reviews.. will post the second half very soon!!

Seasonscraps
10-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow! Thanks for such a detailed review!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Sounds like some wonderful meals...I can't wait to read the rest of your reports! Thanks for sharing :mickey:

SBETigg
10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had some great meals and good times.

PoohRules
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the great reviews. I am looking foward to reading the rest. I especially like that you mentioned how long the wait was to be seated. We leave in two weeks and have been concerned about having so many TS meals if the service is off.

Thanks again.

Polynesian Dweller
10-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Haven't heard too many positive one's for Spirit of Aloha recently but it sounds like you had a good experience there and maybe its come back. Thanks for sharing.

ljv1975
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I really enjoyed your reviews! There were quite a few you visited that I have been curious about. I agree that it's too bad the LTT dinner won't have the characters anymore - we really enjoyed the characters there on our last trip. I can't wait to read more!

Bethanymouse
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the reviews, it sounds like you had some great food on your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Sounds like mostly good experiences! Thanks for the report

pdrlkr
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :smickey:

yjgirl32
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Great reviews. I too am very very sad to see Liberty Tree Tavern character dining go away. I loved that meal with the characters.

tinkerbell04
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reviews :)

Dawneeeey
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
What great reviews! Thanks for sharing!!:donald: