PDA

View Full Version : pop and anniversary

irishkiss
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
We will be arriving at the pop resort for our
25th anniversary on Monday Oct 13th. It will be just the husband and me this time. I am so excited! I am having a cake delivered to the room and balloons. Then I went to memoriesbybesty and had a basket made up. It will be there when we walk in also. I got a basket with the micky and minnie in wedding attire, a coffee mug, a 2008 ball cap, and a picture frame. He doesnt know about any of this:secret:

WDWFanatic
10-04-2008, 02:23 PM
First off...

:welcome: to Intercot.

Great name, good thing you're not French :D.

It sounds like you have a wonderful suprise set for your DH. Do you have any other romantic things planned? If you want some ideas Intercot has some great suggestions under the info central section. (Some day I'll learn how to link things:scratch:)

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Make sure you come back and let us know how it went.

irishkiss
10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
lol...thanks for the welcome:D I actually got those ideas from this board. I did a search on anniversary ideas! He has planned this whole trip (he just loves disney:mickey:) and I just wanted to make it more special.

TammiMcMan
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Then I went to memories by besty and had a basket made up. It will be there when we walk in also.Congrats on your anniversary and welcome to INTERCOT. I'm not sure who told you that the basket would be in your room when you arrived, but unfortunately, that's not correct information. Most likely the basket will be either waiting for you at the front desk or if they have a runner available, they'll bring it to your room after you are physically checked in. There are too many circumstances where even a pre-assigned room could be given to someone else. You wouldn't want your basket to end up with another guest, so they'll hold off putting it in the room until you're there. I just didn't want you to be disappointed.

irishkiss
10-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I guess I will have to ask betsy again. But she said she will get it there a little after check in and will get it to the room. I could be wrong. We will be getting there before check in and then going straight to a park, getting to the room later in the day. I hope I can keep the hubby away long enough. But if its at the desk thats good too. I just want to surprise him:) Its all good at disney!!

Thanks for the heads up on that!

TammiMcMan
10-05-2008, 11:03 AM
I guess I will have to ask betsy again. But she said she will get it there a little after check in and will get it to the room.No problem. The best an outside vendor can do is deliver it to the front desk. After that, it's up to the resort how they actually get it to you. If you don't make it back to your room until after 4 or 5pm, the resort runner may have been able to drop it off.

I'm sure however they get it to you, your husband is going to be very happy with the surprise ;).

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-05-2008, 09:26 PM
We will be arriving at the pop resort for our
25th anniversary on Monday Oct 13th. It will be just the husband and me this time. I am so excited! I am having a cake delivered to the room and balloons. Then I went to memoriesbybesty and had a basket made up. It will be there when we walk in also. I got a basket with the micky and minnie in wedding attire, a coffee mug, a 2008 ball cap, and a picture frame. He doesnt know about any of this:secret: :congrats: DH and I will be celebrating our 11th anniversary down in Disney from 11/24 thru 12/5 ( a belated trip ); actual Anniv. is Oct. 18th .We too our staying at the POP. I hope you both have a memoriable time.:joy::woohoo::yay::clappy:

SurferStitch
10-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Have a wonderful trip. We'll be getting to WDW a couple days before you, so we'll both be celebrating wedding anniversaries there (we're at 12 years now!).

DH and I have stayed at Pop a couple times, we we loved it both times. It's such a fun resort. The last time we were there (December '06), we stayed in the 50's Lady building (preferred location), and had a short (very short) walk to the main building and bus stops.

See ya in the world!

irishkiss
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the well wishes and more out to you guys!!!!:) Hope you all have wonderful trips also. Ours is a belated trip also, our anniversary was Sept. 17. But this was the first hubby could get away. Its amazing that you can be talking to people and then pass them up in the parks and not even know it was them.

Mickeydream
10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
We spent our 25th anniversary at Disney too. It happened to be when WDW was celebrating their 25th as well, so the castle was decorated like a cake. Not everyone liked it that way, but we had a wonderful time and stayed at Dixie Landings. :mickey:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-09-2008, 08:22 PM
We spent our 25th anniversary at Disney too. It happened to be when WDW was celebrating their 25th as well, so the castle was decorated like a cake. Not everyone liked it that way, but we had a wonderful time and stayed at Dixie Landings. :mickey:
DH and I will be at the POP around the same time as you.. 11/24 thru 12/5 . If you see me, I'll be the one with the adorable Sulley backpack. You can't miss it.... See ya at the Happiest Place On Earth:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Congratulations and welcome to Intercot!! (Cute name!) You'll love the Pop--we've stayed there and it's a lot of fun! Celebrated our 25th at the Magic, and headed back in two months for our big 30. Have a magical trip! Don't forget to pick up buttons so everybody in the parks can help you celebrate!:wave:

pixiesmimi
10-09-2008, 11:02 PM
We celebrated our 38th anniversary at CBR last year. Had such a great time! Enjoy, take it slow, enjoy every minute and make good memories! Yes, be sure and get your anniversary buttons. Take lots of photopass pictures. Congratulations! :congrats:

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

irishkiss
10-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I have been reading a lot about the photopass. What is that and how do I go about getting one, is it worth it?

WDWFanatic
10-10-2008, 04:45 PM
I have been reading a lot about the photopass. What is that and how do I go about getting one, is it worth it?

It really depends on how many pictures you are going to want to buy. We went with a group of 3 other families so we split the cost and that made it great.

I don't know if I would pay $99 (pre ordered) for just DH and I. Some of the picture we got were GREAT, some just so so. Also you can always ask any cast member, or anyone around to take a picture for you. We always offer to take pictures for families when we see one person staying back to snap the photo.

They do have some neat features, but you almost have to know where they are and ask the picture person about doing it for you. i.e. holding simba at A.K. or tinkerbell at MK. We only have one photographer offer it, the rest we had to ask them to do it.

I think you can wait until the end of your trip and still buy the photopass, or just the pictures that you want.

Hopefully someone will come along with even more information for you.

You must be getting so exicited for you trip!!!!

Have a blast!

cer
10-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Photopass in itself is FREE - this is important to note. All those photographers walking around disney will take your picture for free, they will give you a card and then you just present that card to all other disney photographers and they will link all your pictures to the account number on the back.

After your stay, you can go to your computer and log in with your acct # and "viola" - there are all your pics available to play with (borders, etc.) and purchase at DISNEY PRICES!

The "is it worth it" question is all centered around pre-purchasing a CD which has all the pictures on it - You will get all the images and can take them to wherever and get your pics printed at NON-DISNEY PRICES! :)

The pre-purchased CD runs around $100 - if you don't pre-purchase, I think around $125-

A huge advantage of using photopass in general, is that everyone can get in the picture.

But please don't avoid the photographer thinking it costs money, it is a great service, so load up that card! If you don't want to buy the pics or invest in the CD, at the very least it is fun to check out the pictures after your trip.

Have a great anniversary trip!

mickeefan
10-10-2008, 08:59 PM
We will also be there the first week of December for our anniversary.
This one is number 50 and we are staying at the Grand Floridian for the very first time.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
We will also be there the first week of December for our anniversary.
This one is number 50 and we are staying at the Grand Floridian for the very first time.
WOW! Congratulations! :fworks: First time for us, too, at the GF in Dec. for our 30th. :high5:

irishkiss
10-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Wow, congratulations!!! I think we will pass on the photopass. I have a nice camera and hopefully there will be nice people that wont mind taking our pic.:D

mickeefan
10-12-2008, 08:19 AM
WOW! Congratulations! :fworks: First time for us, too, at the GF in Dec. for our 30th. :high5:

Congratulations right back at you. 30 years is outstanding. We are having our dinner at the California Grill which is also a first.
We will be there the first week in December.
:high5:

Mickeydream
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
"SULLEY" RULES !!...Hopefully we can meet up with each other during our mutual trip to WDW next Thanksgiving. As the time draws closer we will have to make a clear plan to share a meal or a ride together. It will give us one more reason to look forward to our trip.:mickey: