PDA

View Full Version : How many TS meals do you eat during a typical vacation?

ljv1975
10-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I was just wondering if most people eat at least 1 TS a day while at WDW and what factors play into deciding how many to do.

For example:
If you eat mostly CS, do you think sitting down is a waste of precious park time?

or

If you like to eat lots of TS meals, do you consider that your "break" in the day?

Just curious!! :mickey:

disneymom15
10-04-2008, 11:40 AM
It depends, some trips we'll do 1 TS meal with no ressie. Most trips we just do all CS meals. Our Dec trip coming up we made our first ADR ever at Le Cellier.

Polynesian Dweller
10-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Three. Its always three. CS the rest of the time.

VWL Mom
10-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Now that the boys are older (13 & 16) we mostly do late TS dinners. We talk about the day and decide what we are doing the next day.

cal5755
10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
The first year we went we did all CS. Now we do at least one a day most times 2. We don't do pool breaks... the kids have no desire since we have a pool at home so this is rest and recover time for mom and dad. Plus we love love love the character meals so that is where we do most of our TS.

mdhiggin
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
It's all about money for us. TS costs too much. We can eat three CS between 5 people. We might do one or two TS at the most if it's a long trip. Of course, we had the free dining plan this last trip, so we had TS every day. That was a new adventure in itself. We have APs and like to take 3 or 4 trips a year. If we're going to be able to afford that, we have to cut back on some extras like TS.

Marilyn Michetti
10-04-2008, 01:39 PM
We usually get two or three ADR's for a week because it just takes too much time to "be" somewhere, wait, and have a TS. This year, however, we're doing a meet, and have five total.:eat:

bigbabyblues
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I voted one a day, but....

We always do at least one TS meal a day, but some days, we do two. This trip is 10 days and we're doing 14 TS meals.

Seasonscraps
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I voted wrong. I voted only 1-2 but I meant 1-2 per day. We always went TS for dinner and then a breakfast or lunch here or there.

Sitting down & having a nice meal is part of vacationing for me. I don't feel like it takes time away from the parks but then I don't sweat it if I don't get to ride every ride and see every show.

tigger_ttfn
10-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Our first trip to WDW was with free dining so we were immediately hooked on one TS a day. Every time after that we have always purchased the dining plan with one TS a day. There are so many great restaurants that it is fun to check them all out. We normally don't eat like that at home, so the dining experience is part of our vacation experience.

This time we are trying the Deluxe Plan, but mainly because it is a short trip and we want to try CRT and some other ones for the first time. :blush:

laward32
10-04-2008, 02:39 PM
We are usually on the DP so we do one every day. Next trip I don't think we will do the DP. We will probably do 2 TS meal OOP.:mickey:

Natazu
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
For us, dining is part of the vacation. Disney has an amazingly broad collection of gourmet restaurants, all within a short distance. I couldn't imagine a trip to WDW without California Grill's filet, Citricos' Gateau of Crab, Flying Fish's snapper, & and Coral Reef's Chocolate Wave. I like the high quality of service, the freshness of the ingredients and the confident culinary style offered consistently at most all of the TS venues. I understand the need to save money and not wanting to drag kids to $250 dinners. But, we come for the food as much as The Mouse.

PoohRules
10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
We have always done 2 a day. Mostly we do a early lunch and dinner (early enough to always catch the show in the park). It is just the two of us, so we consider this part of our vacation. I love to pick out all of the restaurants and look over the menus - it is part of my vacation planning that helps kick start the vacation. We have always found time for all the attractions we want to see and yet enjoy two TS meals a day. I have heard the DDP has greatly increased the number of folks at TS and in some cases caused increased time to do a TS meal......it has been a few years since we have been....but we still think this will work out best for us.

This is our first year on DDP, and we went Deluxe with a lot of Signature dining. We will have a couple of credits left over...but I still think it is the best choice for us.

GrmGrninGost
10-05-2008, 05:40 AM
We usually do 1 TS per day. I am at the point where one of the high lights of the vacation is the restaurants!

henry.james.s
10-05-2008, 06:46 AM
When I'm on the Deluxe DDP most every day I'll do a TS B'Fast then dinner at a Signature Dining location.

MickeyMousse
10-05-2008, 01:27 PM
We try to eat TS every other day and for our upcoming trip we are giving TS lunches a try!:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
10-05-2008, 01:54 PM
We try to eat TS every other day and for our upcoming trip we are giving TS lunches a try!:thumbsup:

I think you'll love doing TS at lunchtime. I've eaten at the same resturants for both lunch and dinner, and it always seems much more relaxed, less hectic at lunchtime. Now I try to eat all my TS meals at lunchtime, and CS at dinnertime. BTW, CS resturants at dinnertime tend to be less bustling because most people are at TS meals then! The only problem is that some TS resturants are only open at dinnertime, not lunchtime.

AdventurerKim
10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
We usually eat three dinners and one lunch TS meal on our week-long vacations. On shorter trips it depends on if we can get ADR's or if we want to fit it in.

dtootsie42
10-05-2008, 02:46 PM
It depends on what parks we are doing and where we are staying. Some days we have 2 TS booked and some days we don't have any and we just snacked around the entire day. We have favorites we try to do each trip.

We do have friends who never do sit downs they only do CS which truly amazes me. I cannot imagine going to Disney and not enjoying some of the wonderful delights that are offered.

AllDisney
10-05-2008, 05:40 PM
We do one TS a day while on vacation. We like to enjoy a nice meal and don't mind taking the time out from our day to sit down and have a nice meal. We don't ever go back to the resorts and we don't take a break during the day, so our TS time is relaxing and gives us a chance to talk about our day and what's planned for the evening:mickey:

KatMark
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I voted one a day, but usually one day during our trip we end up with two and then that odd day we'll do all counter service.

yjgirl32
10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
We have only been to DW once and was on the dining plan so once a day is what we did. It worked out very well for us because that was our rest. We didn't go back to the hotel for a swim and needed a break in the day.

beksy
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I have stomach issues and have to eat at least TS meal a day or I am sick :sick: for a few days. Usually we plan it so that our TS meal is at the end of our afternoon break. Plus for us dinning is an important part of vacation and it gives us a chance to relax, plan, and talk about what we've enjoyed so far. This next trip my mom is coming and she has a lot of health problems so on the days that we are going to be in the park all day (like New Year's Eve) we are doing 2 TS. Its a great way for her to take a nice relaxing break and not feel like she's slowing us down. We're doing the deluxe plan and looking forward to trying a lot of new places!