PDA

View Full Version : What little bit of "Disney" do you bring to work every day?

luvDaMouse
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I work in a car dealership and I have a small office to myself. I have my 4 park litho set that I got back in May hanging on my wall. A picture of the Castle my husband took on our honeymoon in 1986, a cars calender, misc mickey pics, various mickeys sitting on my windowsil. AND I listen to live365 every day! My co-workers laugh at me, but I figure since I have to be there every day I might as well be surrounded by things that make me happy!:)Also, I have customer's that come in and it sparks some fun conversation... just curious what little bit of disney do you bring with you every day?:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-04-2008, 10:32 AM
On my desk I have a picture of myself and my little princess just after BBB in January in front of the castle at MK, and then another one later in the day of us "holding" Tinkerbell. I have a drawer full of Mickey/Disney/Princess stickers that I give to my kids (I work at a before and after school program at an elementary school). My name badge lanyard has a bunch of Disney pins on it as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Um, I work at Disney sooooooo.... I guess I bring everything with me?

SurferStitch
10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
In my office I have three lithos that are copies of original Mickey Mouse cartoon scenes. I also have a Winnie the Pooh desk set (business card holder, pen holder and paperclip holder), my Tinkerbell coffee mug, my Stitch coffee mug, a picture of us from the DCL in a DCL frame, a Shutterfly calendar filled with pics from our WDW December trip, Lilo and Stitch figurines, a Randal beanie, and other photos from WDW trips.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I bring Disney to my closed-door office:

I have a few pics: One of Crystal and I in front of Cinderella Castle, another of us outside Tower of Terror, and outside the Sorcerer Hat at DHS.

Our Splash Mountain ride pic is also up.

As well, two tiny snowglobes: Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain are on one of my shelves.

Plus, I listen to a station that plays "All Disney Music All Day Long" on Live365.com!

Chris :hatter:

Marker
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I could list all the disney stuff I have in my office (bot the one at work, and my home office) but it would take a couple pages.

I still have my Key To The Magic cards from 2 or three previous visits sitting on my desk, with my MNSSHP wrist band. I put up new maps to every park and Downtown Disney after every trip. I don't think there is an angle I can sit at that I don't have something Disney in front of me.

justice11
10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
i am a stay at home grandma, i watch my youngest daughters 3 year old twins so i am surrounded by disney all day, my screensaver is a bunch of disney pictures. and of course the kids want to watch our cd we purchased after the last trip with them and the characters.:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-05-2008, 02:44 PM
On my desk at work:surf:, I have:

a little stuffed Figment :figment:
A magnet showing a picture of the Partners statue:mickey2:
2 Minnie Mouse magnets :minnie2:, and WDW magnet with the four park "icons"
A Mickey mug that I use as a pen/pencil holder :smickey:
2 Tigger pictures my niece drew (tigger is my favorite, and also my nickname, so..) :tigger:
Various other trinkets lol

When people are trying to find me, my boss tells them to look for the cubicle with "all the Disney and Nascar stuff." I've got the most colorful cubicle in the office haha

PlutoLVT
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm a veterinary technician so I wear Disney srubs to work everyday. I also subject my fellow techs to using Mickey drink stir sticks to set up fecal exam slides and a Mickey ladle to collect urine samples. All souviners from WDW. I wonder what I'll bring back next.

kakn7294
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a nurse so I don't have an office. I do have a tiny (think MK-sized) locker that has Disney stickers on the front. I wear my Mickey Crocs, Mickey hairclip, and Ariel necklace. My badge has a tiny Mickey head charm hanging from it. I'm not allowed to wear my Mickey scrubs anymore. :(

laward32
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a park calendar on my wall, a cherished teddy with a mickey balloon and mickey mouse club tshirt, and I have pics of my two DDs with Cinderella and after BBB having lunch at the Castle on my desk. If I could listen to Live365 at work I would be doing that every day.:mickey:

ibrowse17
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
In my office I have a great pic of DW and I at Chef :mickey:Mickey's, and another one of the court yard of the WL form our room on the last trip. If you looked close enough at my computer you would see my count down clock, and of course would see me looking at Intercot when I get a chance:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
My office is in my home so I'm surrounded by Disney every day. My latest addition is a Disney clock radio so I can listen to Disney while I work (as opposed to whistling while I work). :D

LauraF
10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Um, I work at Disney sooooooo.... I guess I bring everything with me?
No fair. You don't count. :D

Mushu is on top of my computer monitor looking down at me as I type. I have a nifty Minnie coffee travel mug that shows various vingettes of her working in an office. I also have a giant Mickey mug that holds all my pencils and office supplies. And the coup de grace (IMO) - my Villains bag from Disneyland. I used to get giggles from people when they saw my bag (the security guards @ work think it's "cute"), but it's big enough to hold my purse, laptop and all my other stuff. Plus it's Disney-themed. What could be better? I also can find it very quickly in a crowd of leather computer bags.

Disney Doll
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a Minnie mousepad, a photo of DH and I at EPCOT, a Mickey poster, and 3 mickey tins.

IloveDisney71
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I have a classroom that is filled with Disney stuff. I have a beautiful print of Cinderella's castle and a lot of the characters right by my desk, I have pictures of my family at Disney, I have Disney pictures (of my family) that are my screen savers, I have Disney curtains, book shelf covers, stool covers, Disney pictures displayed in various places around my room, & I listen to some type of Disney cd nearly everyday...

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

luvdiznee
10-06-2008, 05:38 PM
On my desk at work I have a picture of DD at CBR in a nice CBR frame and right next to a CBR refillable mug (this was our first trip to WDW). I also have a picture of DD at the MCO airport next to that Snow White statue (I know you know what I'm talking about) and in a Snow White frame. Get the theme here, I love cute frames. Then another picture of DD w/Stitch and DS drinking from a "coconut cup" from Castaway Cay both separate pics in a sunglasses frame. :D:mickey:

JerseyMouse
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
My Bellhop Stitch keychain, and since I work at a hotel, it is quite appropriate.

I'm leary of bringing other stuff, since I share a space with other employees.

mrsgaribaldi
10-09-2008, 05:54 PM
My ID holder has Mickey's face on it. I have to wear all blue and on one trip I bought a blue jacket. It matches perfectly and I wear that too.:blush:

DisneyDudet
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm a nurse so I don't have an office. I do have a tiny (think MK-sized) locker that has Disney stickers on the front. I wear my Mickey Crocs, Mickey hairclip, and Ariel necklace. My badge has a tiny Mickey head charm hanging from it. I'm not allowed to wear my Mickey scrubs anymore. :(

Girl, you need the ID holder!!! They have them at most of the parks, esp MK, but I get mine at DTD!

So, I have my ID holder... just amazing! Every trip I buy more, just in case mine breaks!

I have 3 magnets on my locker at work, its my new thing. 2 on the outside, and a clip type one that I hang things

I have Disney pens I write with. I have Soceror Mickey and some plain WDW pens.

I will eventually get some pictures up.

I was voted employee of the month for August, and submitted some pictures for the wall, and me and Cinderella Castle are now adorning the glass case!

I have been planning to get

c&d
10-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Let's see: I have my DCL lanyard holding my ID and securID. I have a picture of all of us at Chef Mickey's. I have a picture of DH and DS driving the boat on Bay Lake, DS is wearing his DL mouse ears hat.

My all time favorite is a picture I have of DS before we brought him home from Guatemala and he's dressed in Mickey PJ's. It's one of the first pictures they sent to us after he was born and we hadn't sent anything down to him.

MickeyMousse
10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I work from home, so ....
-I wear my Mickey Crocs everyday

-I have a pic of my 2 DS's with Fantasmic Mickey in a light up fireworks frame (I make sure to make it "go off" at least once a day!)

-A pic of my DH and I w/Mickey (pre kids!) in a Fantasmic frame

-And if I look to my right I have various WDW items in my kitchen!!

Can't wait to put up my Xmas tree....now that's FULL of Disney!!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-10-2008, 09:51 AM
My screensaver is of Main St. MK

BugeyedMuggy
10-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I have every digital picture I've taken over the years, around 2500, on my computer screen saver slideshow. A Mickey bobble head. A backscratcher from the drink with the same name I had at the Poly.(actually I think I have 6 of those).

TinkerbellT421
10-10-2008, 11:26 AM
I have to bring my Disney Eeyore Mug back, I had to take it home to give it a good washing! lol Used it as a pen/pencil holder. I wear my tinkerbell watch everyday! My mickey mouse ring DBF bought me on our last trip :cloud9: (He's getting me another this year too :cloud9:) I have a stuffed eeyore on my desk. And I have a tinkerbell purse that I just retired that I used to bring to work with me everyday. I have to take that back out! I miss it :D And at christmas time when I bring it the christmas tree I bring in my christmas disney stuffed animals with me. Oh yae and my miniature eeyore snow globe..:mickey:

brewcrew26
10-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I have a picture taken from our honeymoon with Pooh bear and DH at Crystal Palace. I also have my honeymoon pin, a Lumpy the heffalump Pez dispenser, my refillable mug from the Year of a Millions Dreams, and my screensaver is all Disney vacation shots.

I'm sure I'll be adding more after the March trip. It's amazing what you can fit in a small cube.

AdventurerKim
10-11-2008, 08:37 AM
I have the desk calender that I tear off everyday. On the front of my classroom door, I traced a Mickey hat postcard on purple paper and laminated it, and it is above my name. On the back of the door is a poster of Ariel. I wear a different pin nearly everyday, and I also bring a souvenir mug from passed trips to school everyday for water and other beverages throughout the day. :mickey:

Auroring Good Time
10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I have a Cinderella's castle pen & pencil holder. I have Disney Cruise Line post-its:sail:. I have two post cards from Disney Cruise Line. I have a Disney character calendar. I make sure to use my Disney Vacation Club pen always. My desktop screen is my son dressed as Stitch :stitch:for Halloween. I have a board where I keep quotes. I have one by Walt and one by Yoda on there.:yoda:

Dsnygirl
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm a nurse, so no office to decorate... just me instead!! :blush: I always have on a sterling silver ring I bought at Uptown Jewelers on Main St., it has two small "diamond" mickey heads in cz... I often wear my mickey watch that has my I'cot screenname on it, and I usually have on mickey socks or a mickey tank on under my scrubs. Oh, and my lanyard has two disney pins on it -- one Tink "dreams come true" and one "Nurses Day 2008" with mickey and minnie from a close I'cot friend of mine. :cloud9: But that's about it.... ;)

morebroccoli
10-12-2008, 10:37 PM
what a cool thread!

i dont have an office or anything like that, as I am a barista and shift lead for Caribou Coffee, BUUUTTT i have my trusty cinderella change purse i take with me daily to put my tips into (thank you any of you bou customers, we DO appreciate tips!!!) and i always wear my diamonique (yay qvc!) mickey necklace, in honor of walt on which i also added a small abe lincoln charm/portrait in honor of another of my heros, and walts!

2Epcot
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I work in several places so I don't have a regular office to go to either. I've always had at least one Disney key chain on my key ring for the last 20 plus years. The current one is from Hong Kong Disneyland, though I still have some original Epcot ones too from my first trip there in the 80s that are brand new ... it may be time to put one of those back on.

Tink#64
10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
I have a mousepad with one of our photopass pics from our visit this year with a Mickey waving in the foreground, I have my Tinkerbell coffee mug that I use everyday, pics of us at SplM & another with Mickey in front of the Characters on Holiday Bus that used to visit Epcot! I have 5 different Disney watches that I match to my clothes of the day, a beautiful sterling Silver Classic Mickey outline necklace that I wear most days, I have lots of Disney character t's that I can wear on Fridays (casual day in our office) & of course like most of you, my screen saver is a slide show of lots & lots of Disney pics! I think I love my pics the most, every time I see them - oh! so many wonderful memories! :photo:

TinkerbellT421
10-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm probably going to be adding a lot more to my disney work collection. I just got in my new Avon brouchures and they have so much disney collectibles its amazing! They have a Piglet and Snowbunnies christmas ornament! OMG SO cute!!! :cloud9: Im buying it for myself lol. I think Im my own best customer...oh and Im buying a Minnie watch too! It was so funny I got my brocuhures in the day this post came out and that night I was flipping through them freaking out! I also bought a new pair of Mickey Flip-Flops for 12 bucks!! I will be bring those to disney for sure!! lol DBF was laughing at me...:cloud9:

prprincess
10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
My cubicle is filled with Disney!!

Stitch is hanging from my lamp cord, I have a Mickey and a Pooh picture frame, and a Mickey magnet on my cabinet door. My mousepad is the one that the Mickey Moms Club sent us. I also have a Lion King coffee mug which I keep two Mickey pens in.

My cube's fun!!

bertasso59
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I dont have a permanant station at my job so the only Disney I bring is the Spaceship Earth antenna topper on my car out in the parking lot

DizRunner
10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
What a great topic!

I have a small cubicle. But it's filled with stuff that reminds me of WDW. I've got...

- an EE lenticular poster (huge) that the travel agency in our building gave me when they were done with it
- a 2008 Disneyland calendar and a 2009 WDW calendar
- two Epcot Center rainbow mugs from '82
- an Epcot Center rainbow ashtray from '82
- an Epcot Center rainbow license plate from '82 on my wall
- a metal WDW BRIAN license plate on my wall
- four park coins
- a deflated What Will You Celebrate balloon from when they were on tour here last friday
- a WDW marathon mug

And last but most definately not least...

- the Top 7 Must See video on my iPod (I'm a programmer who's able to work and listen to music most of the day. When I definately need a WDW fix, I play the Top 7 Must See, listen to it and then every now and then catch a glimpse of it...usually during the "Triple Mountain Whammy", EPCOT and EE scenes. "Doesn't seem to be any track." I love it!)

kemps@wdw
10-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not really in a place where I can have alot of Disney stuff laying around on my desk, so I usually keep it WITH me, such as my WL coffee mug, my Epcot ball beverage mug, and my Disney cds I listen to on my daily commute to and from work. I do have a Disney screen saver(a pic from our last trip), and Live 365 Mouse House radio playing on my computer. And ON me, such as my pins, and my TREASURED Micky Mouse watch that I bought for $15 @ a pawn shop I use to work at in the early 80s, and have worn it EVERY day since! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

azdisneymom
10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
The one thing I have at work is a large Mickey Puzzle. It is one that each piece has a photo on it. Makes me happy every day to look at it and the students love looking at it close up to pick out their favorite photo.