PDA

View Full Version : Disney Treasures DVDs 2008 - no "Destino"

sdewan
10-03-2008, 02:42 PM
"Destino" is an awesome short feature that was started by Walt Disney and Salvidor Dali for the original Fantasia. It was never completed until a few years ago by Roy Disney. I had the privilege of seeing it performed live at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago, and ever since I've been trying to get a copy of this movie. When the True-Life Adventures were released, the introduction teased us that Destino would be included in a future release, but then that whole series was abandoned. Then, back in February of this year, this announcement came:

"BURBANK, Calif., February 20, 2008 – Walt Disney Home Entertainment is proud to release some of the most extraordinary treasures from the Disney vault on DVD November 11, 2008 in a limited supply. All three new two-disc sets of “Destino,” “Dr Syn, Alias the Scarecrow” and “Chronological Donald, Volume 4” will make up the eighth installment of the popular series Walt Disney Treasures, which features rarely seen footage presented with updated color and sound."

So needless to say I was thrilled at the prospect of finally getting a copy of this feature, and I've been waiting for Amazon to list the new Treasures DVDs. This is what I found today:

The Chronological Donald, Volume 4
The Mickey Mouse Club Presents Annette
Dr. Syn: The ScareCrow of Romney Marsh

No Destino! What happened? :confused: