PDA

View Full Version : Baby Mine!

GroovyTeach
10-02-2008, 09:59 PM
We are taking what we will be our 18 month old on her first trip in June....any ideas of really neat things to do with a baby girl? Best place to stay with baby? Any advice?

Thanks!!!!

I posted this earlier under the wrong place....so if you already responded...thanks!!

KAT1811
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Well we have three girls (so far we are pregnant with #4 but are not sure what we are having yet) and have taken them at all different ages. On our last trip our youngest was 10 months.

As far as the best places to stay anywhere with a small one is good. Some will say the closer to the MK the better but we found that our girls always napped in the stroller just fine and we would use that time to switch off riding the "big kid" rides that they could not go on. I suppose staying somewhere with a balcony or patio (deluxe resort) would make it a bit easier a night for you and DH to wind down while the little one sleeps (the cabins in Fort Wilderness is another option). We have always been fine with our little ones and they would just fall asleep in the stroller and then we would carry them into the room and lay them down while we got ourselves ready for bed. Taking her pajamas to the parks with you and changing her earlier might make for a smoother transition on the nights that you would be staying out later to see fireworks and things of that nature.

We also made sure that every couple of days we had a down day where they got a good nap in the afternoon at the resort as to not throw off their schedule too much. Definately take your own stroller you will be glad you did.

I always played various Disney movies before we left on vacation so that they would be more familiar with the attractions and characters they would see.

Take tons of pictures!!! Get her an Itzakadoozie popsicle and watch her make a huge mess!!! Take a change of clothes into the parks, especially Epcot so that she can splash in the water pop-ups and then you can dry her off. We forgot a change of clothes last year and ended up going shopping for complete new outfits! They were very cute though!

Tour Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning as the lines are shortest then and those attractions draw the longest lines in the afternoon when most people get to the middle of the park. We rode Peter Pan with no wait last year and when we walked by in the afternoon it had a 90 minute wait.

I could go on forever but I won't unless you have any specific questions. Have a great trip!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Taking her pajamas to the parks with you and changing her earlier might make for a smoother transition on the nights that you would be staying out later to see fireworks and things of that nature.

Tour Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning as the lines are shortest then and those attractions draw the longest lines in the afternoon when most people get to the middle of the park.

What a simple, smart idea about the pajamas!
You sound like a "together" mom who has a knack for the "attention to detail" like Disney!

To add to the idea of doing Fantasyland in the AM, it's also a good plan to head straight into Toontown when the park opens one day to get some great pix with the characters without having to stand in lines much at all. Enjoy!:magic:

3AMommy
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
I took bubbles with me last time (my dd was 15 mos) and they were a big hit.

We would find a shady spot and I would let Avery get out of the stroller to stretch her legs while the older boys went on a ride. To keep her from wandering I would blow bubbles. Invariably, within minutes I would have a group of toddlers running around me giggling and popping bubbles.

Also, don't expect her to like the characters this time around. That is about the age that they like them from afar...very afar.

Have fun and remember...she won't remember this trip...but you will. Take lots of pictures!!!

3AMommy

KAT1811
10-04-2008, 02:05 PM
What a simple, smart idea about the pajamas!
You sound like a "together" mom who has a knack for the "attention to detail" like Disney!

:thanks: I try. Anything to make life easier!!!

TINKinTX
10-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Great pajama idea.....I figured I would give my daughter a much needed bath at night....but I bet she falls asleep before we get to the hotel.

Imagineer1981
10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Do the resorts have cribs?

KAT1811
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Great pajama idea.....I figured I would give my daughter a much needed bath at night....but I bet she falls asleep before we get to the hotel.

Many nights they did fall asleep before we got back or were just way too tired to even bother with a bath. I usually throw (not literally of course) them in the tub after I get out of the shower and let them play a bit until I'm ready and then get them out and ready one by one.

Do the resorts have cribs?

They have portable cribs that you can request and some of the deluxe resorts have cribs you can request not sure on the actual size but I have been told that they are bigger than the portable cribs. There are also agencies in the area that rent full size cribs. Not sure what you are looking for but the portable cribs always work for us. I also bring my own bedding we have these ultra soft chamois sheets from Pottery Barn that the kids love so even in a strange crib it is a little touch of home. I also bring our own baby blankets.