PDA

View Full Version : resort gate?

jrkcr
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
If we wanted to drive from our resort(CSR) to dinner at another resort(WL and AKL), how do we get into the resort we are eating at? I know all the resorts have gates, but what do we need to get through? Just a dinner reservation number?

sisterdisco
10-02-2008, 08:20 PM
You just drive up and tell the guy in the security booth that you have dinner ressies. They might ask your name. We definitely did not have to give a ADR #.

faline
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
If you want to visit another resort, generally you will receive a 3 hour visitor parking pass.

jrkcr
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks!! I knew someone on here would know!!

How late do the resort gates stay open? Like if we drive to POR to see the piano man, can we get back into our resort at 11pm? There are no parks with EMH on these nights that we are driving to dinner(otherwise we would probably just bus hop). So will the CSR resort gate close at a certain time and lock us out?

Can you tell I have never driven at WDW? We always sing the praises of parking and NOT driving for the whole week! :D

kakn7294
10-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I went to drop off some supplies at VWL for Kristen in August. I just explained to the lady at the gate what I intended to do and she let me right in. She asked to see a driver's license but that's it. You won't have any trouble at all. I believe that the gates are open 24 hrs a day but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know that your KTTW card will open the gates so be sure to have that with you if there is no guard.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 09:15 PM
You can get into your own resort any time 24 hours with your room key (KTTW) card. In fact, it can save you time versus talking to the guard.

Being a guest at one resort will make it easier to go to another resort but you will be given a 3 hour pass for your stay. The Poly is one of the more rigid because so many people tried to park in its lots to go to MK rather than the Poly that the Poly guests had trouble parking in their resort. Still, it will be no problem to go there for dinner.

Renfairwedding
10-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I never had a problem. Most cases just waved my key and the guard opened the gate.

:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I never had a problem. Most cases just waved my key and the guard opened the gate.

:thumbsup:

Should have elaborated why the card in the gate is usually faster than the guard. Sometimes they are on the phone or take a little time to come out. At others, you can run into a string of cars waiting to get in through the guard gate. We'll just hit the self serve gate and go right through. Should also add, the you need the card to get back in regardless of whether you use the self-serve gate or the guard.

jrkcr
10-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Great!! Thanks!