PDA

View Full Version : 8th WDW trip, but 1st w/Family

luvdiznee
10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
On this trip it was ME, DD11 and DS. But also with us was my Sister and Nephew who had never been to WDW. Here's a quick report: Arrived at MCO, 7 pm. Late flight, but on time at least. By the time we get checked in and to our rooms it is near 9 pm. No one really wanted to do much so we just went to Roaring Fork to get a late bite to eat. Now we were disappointed in our rooms in that we did not get the connecting rooms that was on our request. But we went back to the desk early the next morning they checked and found connecting rooms for us. We were very happy about this, since it was their first trip and just not easy to communicate being in separate rooms. So you know the drill, packed up, checked out, gave our luggage to be held and off to EPCOT. This was day one of EPCOT, so we stuck to FW. We got to do: Soarin, The Seas w/Nemo, Mission Space (both versions), Spaceship Earth, Gran Fiesta Tour and saw Ellen's Energy, Honey I shrunk the audience and of course Turtle talk w/Crush. Had lunch at Electric Umbrella. Bacon cheeseburgers, salads and key lime pies in our party. All good. But then for dinner we made our way to Trails End Buffet. Very good! Fried Chicken, Ribs, Chili what more could you ask for. Ok we did eat some veggies. Desert seemed a bit limited but that was ok, since dinner was so good. :mickey: Then back to the resort for a good night sleep. And yes, called in the meantime to find our new connecting rooms were ready. :thumbsup:Day two: Epcot again, but WS this time. And was looking forward to the F&W Festival. So yes, it was hot and we got there right in the middle of the heat, since we are late risers. Now this has never happend to DD in all our trips to WDW. We had only been there for an hour and she told me she was hungry. This was after of course eating a breakfast before we left the resort. But I offered to get her a quick hot dog, she agreed. So she ate a few bites then said she needed to sit down. Plus she didn't want anymore of the hot dog. So we were sitting, and then she said she felt sick. So I asked how sick, then all of a sudden she looked that she was going to vomit so I grabbed my bag with the new stuff I just bought, dumped them out and put it to her so that she didn't do it just on the ground. When I looked at her after, she was so pale. I got very nervous at this point. So I immediately took her to first aid to get her temperature taken, because I attributed it to the heat. But yet, like I said she never had this reaction, so it was a little confusing. Anyway, she got in, laid down and slept for a couple hours. She didn't have a temp but, needed to be out of the sun for a bit. So I stayed with her and let older DS take sis and nephew around WS. He did a very good job taking them to most of the pavillions. One thing my sister got was a fan from Japan with her name written in Japanese on it. And it was funny as she was walking outside one of the Japanese workers said, "Hi, Caroline". OK, maybe you had to be there. But just the way she certainly knew her Japanese. I just thought it was cute. Anyway, I didn't get to sample as much of the F&W fest that I would have wanted to, since it was getting late and we had a ressie at 6:30. So I just had the Quesadilla from Mexico, Pot Stickers and Chicken Sha Cha from China and my fav the grilled lamb chop from Australia. :cloud9: Anyway it was then time to go to Coral Reef for dinner. So in our party there were a couple grilled NY strip steaks and the grilled chicken breast. I had the seafood linguine. Highly recommended. My nephew wasn't crazy about his grilled chicken breast, but the rest of us, very happy and satisfied. For desert we had Chocolate Wave, Creme brulee and Baileys & Jack Daniels Mousse. I wasn't crazy about the chocolate wave but the creme brulee was awesome. :thumbsup:So then we went back for Illuminations. They enjoyed it. Then back to the resort to rest up. :cloud9:To be continued...

faline
10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
So sorry illness disrupted your day! I hope the nap helped!

mouseketeer mom
10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh thats awful when the kids get sick at WDW. We've had that happen a few times. Hope she is better in the next installment!

luvdiznee
10-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Yes, the nap was very good for DD. When she woke up she said "we're still here". And just jumped right up and was ready to go. She really had an extra burst of energy from it. And not to mention she was very hungry. :mickey:It was funny too, when we were going into the Mexico Pavillion, of all people, we saw DD's teacher that she had last year. This is the 2nd time on a Disney trip that we saw one of her teachers from school. And I forgot to mention this teacher was actually on our flight coming down with us as well. LOL!

yjgirl32
10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear about her illness, but at least it didn't last too long. Great report. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow - off with a bang! Glad the staff at WL were able to find you connecting rooms after that first night.

You know, DS had one of those episodes our last trip too - but the next day he was fine. Hopefully your DD will be great for the rest of your vacation! Looking forward to reading more! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Sorry about the kids getting sick. :ill:

tinkerbell04
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
So sorry to hear about your DD's illness, I am glad that she felt so much better after her rest. It sounds like you guys are off to a great start. I am looking forward to reading more!

Lizzie
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the report. Glad you daughter was only sick for a couple of hours.

RedSoxFan
10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear that DD got sick; but glad she was better later on.