PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining

cnoble1967
10-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I've seen posts indicating guest at WDW received free dining while they were at WDW.
How or when does this happen?

LoriSan
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
they are offering it now up until before Christmas for Disney Visa card holders. Otherwise, they usually offer it in Aug-Sept, but that's not guaranteed.

luvdiznee
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Just got back from being there this past week. And the "bounceback" was offered for free dining in 2009. So yes, we signed up. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
10-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Just got back from being there this past week. And the "bounceback" was offered for free dining in 2009. So yes, we signed up. :mickey:

Was the 2009 free dinning offer for the regular plan, or the quick service plan? Also, was this for a stay at a value, moderate or deluxe resort?

Just curious, since there was a lot of speculation on this board that the free dinning offer may only be for the QS plan.

Jeff G
10-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Was the 2009 free dinning offer for the regular plan, or the quick service plan? Also, was this for a stay at a value, moderate or deluxe resort?

Just curious, since there was a lot of speculation on this board that the free dinning offer may only be for the QS plan.

I booked the bounce back plan and just checked my confirmation. The package included was the standard dining plan as I have 1 table service, 1 counter service and a snack per day available.

It is available on values, moderates and deluxe accomodations based on availability. We booked at the Pop and my brother booked at the POR. We had no problems getting rooms.

magicofdisney
10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
We also just returned and I can confirm the free dining offer, via bounce back program, is for the basic dining plan (1TS, 1CS and 1 snack per day, per guest) for next year. We had two rooms and the offer was not in my room but my mom's room. We too signed up for next year.

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I've seen posts indicating guest at WDW received free dining while they were at WDW.
How or when does this happen?
At certain times during the year, Disney offers various "specials" to attract guests. The free dining program is a package program based on paying full room (rack) rate and a MYW ticket plan.

Disney will release the special with free dining a few months in advance of travel dates. The promotion has traditionally begun in late August when summer crowds begin to die down. This year it appears that they are offering the program longer to attract more visitors. OR, if you are a current guest at Disney, they are offering free dining if you book your trip for next year at this time. I'm not sure what the criteria is for the "Bounceback" offer, however.

My suggestion would be to contact Magical Journeys Travel Agency, a great sponsor of these boards, to find out if it is something you can take advantage of and when it is typically offered. Good luck - and happy planning! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
What were your dates for the bounceback free dining? I am curious as to the starting dates for this. I am hoping they will offer free dining again next year the end of August for our trip.

luvdiznee
10-04-2008, 09:30 AM
What were your dates for the bounceback free dining? I am curious as to the starting dates for this. I am hoping they will offer free dining again next year the end of August for our trip.

Not sure which dates you are looking for, but have to book on or before your check out date, which must be on or before 10/24/08. But it is available for stays most nights 8/23/09-10/1/09. :mickey:

wdwnomad
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Here is a link to another thread on this. I has a little more information on it.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=141411

pixiesmimi
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Not sure which dates you are looking for, but have to book on or before your check out date, which must be on or before 10/24/08. But it is available for stays most nights 8/23/09-10/1/09. :mickey:

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. We are going the 8/23/09 and I am waiting for them to offer free dining for this time like they have in the past and maybe MJ can get us the free dining for our package. Usually they run it at the same time as the bounceback offers.

Here is a link to another thread on this. I has a little more information on it.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=141411

Thanks! I saw this thread but had just forgotten what the dates were. We went the same time last year and they didn't offer us the bounceback and didn't know about it until after we got back. I am hoping that they offer the free dining packages at the same time as the bounceback offers.