PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Dining

Bethany0517
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I was thinking about trying the Rose and Crown for dinner, but I am unsure about the food. Has anyone eaten there? My husband is a meat and potatoes man I want to make sure he would like it. Or can you suggest a favorite of yours?

I have tried Le Celliers and that buffet in Norway.

Thanks

Quasimodo
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Even though you have already been to Le Cellier, I still would recommend it. Its one of the best Steak places in WDW and my favorite restaurant in EPCOT.

Another option for meat and potatoes is the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort. Its a pleasant walk from the International Gateway (back entrance to EPCOT). Just make sure you make your way back into EPCOT before it closes so you can catch your bus or get to your car.

I have never been to Rose and Crown, so I can't offer an opinion on it. I haven't tied it because the menu doesn't appeal to me. Especially when compared to Le Cellier or Yachtsman.

Disney fans..
10-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I have been to the Rose and Crown twice and booked it for a third time this upcoming vacation in November...the food is wonderful. They do have a great steak and some yummy mashed potatoes:thumbsup:
My husband is also that guy that will order steak everywhere and he was pleased with it and the seasonings that were on it.
I don't know if they have a baked potatoe..if that what he would look for...but it really is great food.

Enjoy if you choose Rose and Crown!

SBETigg
10-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Rose & Crown has decent food and it's a fun experience. I don't think you should miss out. There is steak on the menu, but the Bangers and Mash are truly outstanding. I like it as well as I like Le Cellier, if not more because I prefer the Rose & Crown atmosphere. The steak is admittedly a little better at Le Cellier, so if it is all about the steak, that's a better choice. But if it's more about having a good time and trying new things, go with Rose & Crown, where there is plenty on the menu to please meat-and-potatoes types.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-02-2008, 02:11 PM
We love the Rose & Crown!

The food is good, there is plenty of "basic" choices, my Mom had steak the last time we were there and we quite enjoyed it!

The Bangers and Mash has been good, and I love the chicken dish.

R&C is a must-do for us every trip...I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :mickey:

teambricker04
10-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I think a meat and potatoes person would love Rose and Crown! We like the fish and chips, but have tried many of the other dishes as well. I agree that it is never a disappointment!

I was really surprised when we tried Tangerine Cafe last May. It was GREAT food for CS. My whole family, even our two young DSs (3 and 1 at the time), LOVED it. I can't wait to try the CS :)

PS Yachtman's steakhouse is really good as well!!! and just a quick walk from EPCOT.

Crow
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
meat & potatoes at Epcot. Rose & Crown or Le Cellier are probably the best bests.

Natazu
10-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Rose and Crown (Table Service) ☺☺☺☻
We’ll go several trips and miss R&C, then we always wonder why we skipped it. The Samosas are excellent, so is the lump crab appetizer. You can’t ever go wrong with the fish & chips. The lamb with Guinness BBQ sauce and the orange chicken are unique and appetizing. The offer consistently good English pub food. Note this is a popular restaurant pre-Illuminations but don’t hold your breath for a patio table. They are harder to get then an NHS dental appointment.

hardingella
10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
R & C is one of our favouite places to eat, which is a bit silly really as we are from England and can eat fish and chips any day of the week, but the service has always been of the highest standard, and the view from the terrace is unforgetable.

Think we've tried pretty much everthing from the menu, but my favorite is the "Bangers and Mash", washed down with a pint of real ale:thumbsup:

Good old fashioned cockney entertainment goes on in the bar throughout the day which I can highly reconmend too.