PDA

View Full Version : Epcot for a 2 year old

Disdaddy
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
What are good things to do at epcot for a two year old girl?

Imagineer1981
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
definitely go do the Living Seas with Nemo, and also Turtle Talk with Crush. Journey into your Imagination with Figment is a fun ride for kids. HISTA is good too, but can be scary with the lion/snake and loud noises. GFT at Mexico is a great ride as well. Don't forget to do the KidCot stops in the countries

Hayden's Dad
10-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Depending on how she is with the characters you can find several in Epcot. The Fab five at teh Epcot Character Spot, Snow White and Dopey in Germany, Jasmine and Alladdin in Morocco, Belle and Auoroa in France, Alice Mary Poppins and Winnie the Pooh in the UK, Mulan and Mushu in China, Sometimes Donald in Mexico. Have fun!!!! :mickey:

sdewan
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
At that age the simplest thing can amuse a kid for hours. They especially like getting out of their strollers and investigating things up close. As such, you might spend some time in Innoventions letting her have some freedom to explore. Also, a walk around World Showcase can be very entertaining for a small child, although you wouldn't think so. There are so many sights and sounds and street shows that you could spend a long time going from country to country, and that's besides the obvious Kidcot stops. My children always love the model trains outside the Germany pavillion, and we usually allocate a half an hour for them to watch. Which is fine because it gives us a chance to have a beer from the cart nearby.

MidnTPK
10-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I was just in WDW with my 15 month old. In addition to the things previously mentioned:

1. The play fountain between Future World and World Showcase. Bring an extra set of dry clothes.

2. The jumping fountains outside of Imagination.

3. My little girl liked boat rides, so in addition to the GFT in Mexico, there's Living with The Land.

bwk99
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Last year with our 2 year old, we rode boat rides 7 or 8 times each.. So, Living with the Land, Mexico and Norway.. The water fountains were great entertainment. Mine liked the Nemo ride and looking at all the fish, but didn't care for Turtle Talk too much. Kid Cot stations were good also.

We went at Christmas time, and there was a trains set up by Germany, that we spent quite a bit of time at, and the train going around the tree in front of the US pavilon. I don't know if the trains are always up at Germany, or just during the holidays.

And, the fireworks were good also.

baby minnie's mommy
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Here are some things our DD liked when 2 (and still does at 3 :)):

- Journey Into Your Imagination, plus the post-show activities. Also the "dancing water" fountain outside the building.

- The Nemo ride, and seeing the fish afterward.

- Maelstrom (Our DD also likes Pirates/Carribean at MK, so the troll here does not bother her.)

- The greenhouse boat ride in the Land, although we put more excitement into it by oohing and aahing over things and narrating it at her level. :D Enjoyed it, but not a "must-do" for her again.

- Finding and visiting the characters. (Hands down favorite.) :mickey:

Disdaddy
10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks. I have been a bunch, but this will be my first time as a dad and I have never really paid much attention to anything at epcot lately except for MS, TT, and Soarin.

KAT1811
10-04-2008, 02:23 PM
My DDs (all three of them & expecting a fourth baby) loved Epcot, the Living Seas with Nemo, Living with the Land, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, coloring at the Kid Kot Fun Stops, & most of all . . . splashing around in the pop up water jets. Just make sure you bring a change of clothes.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-04-2008, 02:37 PM
When Emmy was 2 we were going every other day over that summer and we spent the majority of our days at MK or Epcot and she loooooooved doing the Kidcot stuff. Getting the masks stamped in each country and getting to color it made her day. It became a game to her because she remembered in each country exactly where we needed to go to get a stamp.

casey@bat
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM
My son loved the fountains at that age. Take a swim diaper or two.

And, yes, there are lots of characters at EPCOT.