PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life

handmaidenofprincesses
10-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Probably been asked a thousand times, but does anyone have any clue what's happening with the Wonders of Life pavillion?

It's been closed every time I've been for quite a while, but it still gets lit up at night. Granted, bulbs are burnt out and it looks a bit dilapidated, but still...

I absolutely love Cranium Command, so I sort of hope they open it again, or at least do something with the building. It seems like such a waste to have that building just sitting there like a bump on a log...:(

joonyer
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
We loved Cranium Command, too. I wish they would rescue that attraction, even if they have to move it somewhere else. It's hilarious.

Demyx
10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Right now it's hosting shops and shows for the Food and Wine Festival. All the attractions are boarded up. Such a shame! I also miss Cranium Command.

Oh, and they took down the DNA Tower outside! I loved that and have lots of pictures of it.

Imagineer1981
10-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Everything inside is a shell of what it once was. You would think with the current push to be more green and healthy, the pavillion would make more sense now more than ever

JPL
10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Currently Disney is looking for a new sponsor for the Pavillion which will most likely shape thew direction will go in. As of right now it is officially closed and only used as a venue for special events. The attractions are still there but shuttered even during the times the actual pavillion is opne for an event. Rumours had the Body Wars Simulators being used to test the new Star Tours upgrade a while back but were never confirmed.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
The thing at Disney is that the pavillions are a partnership with a sponsor. If there is no sponsor then the pavillion goes into "seasonal operation" mode for a while but if a sponsor isn't found then it stops altogether.

The attractions inside the pavillion and the pavillion's look has to be agreed to by the sponsor. Nestle wanted all things Kraft gone from The Land so Kitchen Kabaret became Food Rocks. Siemens wanted changes when it took over from AT&T in Spaceship Earth. So, if Wonders of Life is to reopen it will likely look quite different and one can't be certain that the attractions will remain. I too like Cranium Command, a not so well known gem, and would hope it survives.

locutus
10-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Thats what kills me. Without sponsors (Who pay a huge dollar amount) the rides close. Yet Disney still raises the ticket prices. Tickets go up and they dont even pay to keep the attractions up..they rely on sponsors for that. If most attractions are being paid in part by sponsors, shouldnt we be paying less?

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Thats what kills me. Without sponsors (Who pay a huge dollar amount) the rides close. Yet Disney still raises the ticket prices. Tickets go up and they dont even pay to keep the attractions up..they rely on sponsors for that. If most attractions are being paid in part by sponsors, shouldnt we be paying less?

Think of what your ticket pays for. The bus system is one, the road network and its upkeep, power, cleaning of the parks, landscaping, monorails and then there's the fireworks alone. Fireworks of the scale of Wishes, Illuminations etc are not cheap. Those can run into tens of thousands per night and that's virtually every night. We are getting the value but don't always consider all the services provided. And without sponsors we'd actually pay a whole lot more than we do.

Imagineer1981
10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Think of what your ticket pays for. The bus system is one, the road network and its upkeep, power, cleaning of the parks, landscaping, monorails and then there's the fireworks alone. Fireworks of the scale of Wishes, Illuminations etc are not cheap. Those can run into tens of thousands per night and that's virtually every night. We are getting the value but don't always consider all the services provided. And without sponsors we'd actually pay a whole lot more than we do.

don't forget the CM's salaries, you want a cost of living increase right? so do the CM's and minimum wage is going up. Times 1 dollar an hour by 50k plus employees and thats a big chunk of change. As the price of oil and food increases, so does the base cost for Disney

Wickster1970
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Wonders of Life was one of my favorite pavillions. Cranium Command was one of my favorites.
BRING IT BACK!:mad:

badkitty
10-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I love Cranium Command. So creative! I hope to one day to see it running again...