PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express question

laurenC325
10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
We are not planning to have magical express pick up our bags for us. Did anyone else do this and did it work out ok.
Thanks

EARningmyears
10-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I recently went with only a carry on and that was no problem they took the bag and put it under the bus. I think the only thing you will have to worry about is what to do with your bags while you wait if your room isn't ready yet, but then again you can always just check it at the bell services at the front of your hotel.
Hope this helps sorry if it doesn't. :unsure:

BigRedDad
10-02-2008, 03:45 AM
There's no issue with this at all. The only thing is that you have to go and get your bags, then go to DME to check-in, line up for your bus, load your luggage under, and get on. Once there, you have baggage service hold your bags until the room is ready.

LizLovesDiz
10-02-2008, 10:37 PM
There's no issue with this at all. The only thing is that you have to go and get your bags, then go to DME to check-in, line up for your bus, load your luggage under, and get on. Once there, you have baggage service hold your bags until the room is ready.

I am a little confused about the whole magical express thing.We can get on the bus for no questions asked?

LizLovesDiz
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
That didn't come through correctly before,we can use the magical express bus and take our own luggage to the bus.Then get on for free? Should we call someone first? :blush:

EARningmyears
10-03-2008, 01:29 AM
That didn't come through correctly before,we can use the magical express bus and take our own luggage to the bus.Then get on for free? Should we call someone first? :blush:

You must register to get onto the Magical Express. They recommend registering at least 30 days before your trip for a seamless process, since they have to mail you your boarding passes. You just check in at the desk near the rental car area (terminal B) and wait for the bus and you are on you're way. And I believe the service is complimentary as long as you are staying at one of the Disney Hotels (which are the only places it goes). It really is a great service, it takes you right to your hotel with luggage and everything and you get a nice little welcome video on your way there! I can't seem to find the contact number but if you call a number you got with your vacation registration I am sure they will set you up.

BigRedDad
10-03-2008, 04:48 AM
You must register for DME. You have a choice to pick up your luggage or have them do it for you. If you are getting your luggage, you should go to baggage claim first, then DME check-in, then board your respective bus.

Tink's Mom
10-03-2008, 07:48 AM
I just wanted to add that if you do not get your magical express package before you leave for your trip, you can still use the service (as long as you registered). You will just need to provide your reservation info at the DME desk. This happens to us all the time. We are stationed overseas and it takes forever for us to get mail. Have a fun trip. :mickey:

LizLovesDiz
10-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Thank you for all of the info ! :mickey: