PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Boardwalk Inn?

LisaMarie
10-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I am planning on a trip with my sister in January. She wants to stay in the Epcot area. We stayed at the Boardwalk about 5 years ago and she liked it. I wanted to stay somewhere different and suggested Beach Club (originally tried to float the idea of Polynesian but she really wants to be able to walk to Epcot). Can anyone tell me if it just as nice? I don't want her to be unhappy with the hotel.

pox24
10-02-2008, 07:53 AM
A great choice...:thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
10-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I believe that the beach club pool (stormalong bay) will be closed in January. So that might help your decision. I believe they still have a couple of other pools there that will be open, but the one that is closing is the one with the beach sand in the bottom and the one that the beach club is known for. I will confirm that with DBF though, he was the one telling me about. We had original decided to go w/ BCV but chose BWV instead and just found out last week that the BC pool will be closed for a very long time for refurb. I will get more details from DBF when he gets to the office and post the details.

tikiman
10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
That is a good point about the pool being closed but than you may not even be using the pool in January and if that is the case I would go with Beach Club. I have stayed at the Boardwalk a few times and it is fine but I think I would prefer the Beach Club over it. Closer access to the park would be my main reason.

It is great to be able to walk right into Epcot but Epcot is about the only park you will have quick access into. The Boat to Hollywood Studios takes forever and walking would not be any faster…well maybe it would ;)

Beach Club shares a bus with Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin and Yacht Club so just keep that in mind. The Monorail resorts share busses with those 3 resorts but if you had picked the Polynesian you would have quick access to the MK and an 8 minute monorail ride from the TTC to Epcot. Just something to keep in mind.

My vote between the Boardwalk and Beach Club is the Beach Club. I actually prefer the Yacht Club out of the Epcot resorts for its full balcony that is the only reason I don’t prefer the Beach Club. I like to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by.

TinkerbellT421
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Just FYI So the right information is yes, Stormalong Bay pool @ Beach Club will be closed from January 5 - April 14...thats very long refurb...Im not sure if they do it in sections or close the whole thing. But they are refurbing for a while...:(

ThanxForNoticin
10-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Just FYI So the right information is yes, Stormalong Bay pool @ Beach Club will be closed from January 5 - April 14...thats very long refurb...Im not sure if they do it in sections or close the whole thing. But they are refurbing for a while...:(

The word is SAB will be closed in sections, with parts open during the refurb. I'm not sure exactly what that might mean for guests, though.

LisaMarie
10-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Thank you everybody for the help. After hearing about the pool construction, my sister was worried about the noise so we opted for Boardwalk.

Orlando Resident
10-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I am planning on a trip with my sister in January. She wants to stay in the Epcot area. We stayed at the Boardwalk about 5 years ago and she liked it. I wanted to stay somewhere different and suggested Beach Club (originally tried to float the idea of Polynesian but she really wants to be able to walk to Epcot). Can anyone tell me if it just as nice? I don't want her to be unhappy with the hotel.

or Yacht Club, both the Yacht & Beach Club are nice both very nice resorts. I personally prefer the Yacht Club as it is quieter and all rooms have full balconies. The Beach Club is usually more active as the lobby is shared with the Beach Club Villas and only certain rooms have balconies.