PDA

View Full Version : A Not So Happy Ending...

Darin M
10-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Hello All,

I recently just got out of a long term relationship. We went to WDW last year, and as bad as I want to go back, I don't feel like I could without a companion. A place like Disney is just so much better when you have memories to share with others. Now I know there are alot of you who can go by yourselves with no problem and I wish I could do the same. The point is, I think it would be cool if there was somewhat of a singles group at intercot that could meet there at certain times of the year. Of course nothing too crazy, just a way where you can meet up with other single people and enjoy a great night out at the parks, mingling.

What do you think?

DaisyDuck001
10-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I've been meeting up in small groups with other solo travelers at WDW for the past couple of years. Will be there again soon: October 11-18. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a meal or two.

DaisyDuck001

P.S. If the title of your thread were more focussed on the idea of singles meeting up at WDW, you would probably get more such people reading it and responding!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't mind a single's meet.

If it's mostly girls, we can go to Jellyrolls and strut our stuff!

AHOTE
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm single and I've gone to WDW solo a few times. I've enjoyed every visit but I agree it is more fun to have someone with whom to share the adventure. I think the toughest part is dining alone. Many times, early in the planning stages, I started asking friends if they'd be interested in going and since then I've always had a least one companion to travel with. This year there are four of us and next year there are six singles who want to be included. Ask around you'll be surprised how many of your friends may want to join you. There likely are a few with the same mind set as you. Set your boundries and ask some friends. Local meets are a good way to meet fellow Disney fanatics too. :D I've never been to one but I'm going to try and make one scheduled for mid-October in Cherry Hill. It would be nice to put faces with some of the names. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

glenpreece
10-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm in the same boat, my last trip was with my ex. But hey I am going back solo because I love Disney. I think it would be cool to have singles section on Intercot.

Magic Smiles
12-14-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm not single, but I think that a SINGLES section is a great idea. Could even include a single parents sub section.

WishingStar2006
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I have always gone to WDW with my sons and it has always been wonderful. They are both in college now and I think I over did the disney trips in the last few years so they're not craving a WDW fix like I am...so...I am going to be taking my first solo trip 2/28 - 3/7. I don't know if I'm going to love it or just be sad the whole time because I don't have my boys with me. However, the desire to go is greater than the fear of being sad...I even booked the airfare, so I must think I'm really going to go. I think a singles and/or single parents forum would be great on intercot!

Happy Holidays!

stitchaholic
12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
i am with you,i took my DS(7) and DD(9) last year,we had a blast,so much so that we are returning on jan26th for 1 week,i keep thinking that i am doing it with the excuse that they are young and when they get older they won't want to hang out with mom so much,and i love disney,i think a singles group and single parent group is a great idea,even though i had a blast with my kids,i found my self longing for some adults to share a laugh or 2 with.
anyone heading down there at the end of january? jessicasparrow,you work there? where,we will stop by to say hello!:)

Marymouse2003
01-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm all with you guys! Wlf love a single/single parents section on Intercot. I just got back from a 10 day trip with Mom, BUT.......she got ill and I was alone for about 4 days. I actually enjoyed it. I know it may sound aweful to some, but I really enjoyed being alone. It is a totally different trip without children. Especially, young children, no more "wow" in the little faces, but no more teenage mood swings either. So, it's been a mother/daughter thing for a few years now. Mom has admitted, She just can't do it any more. So, I just might be interested in some single interaction.:blush::party: I just love DISNEY. I can't help it. It's like an addiction. "Hello, my name is Mary, I'm a Disniac".

stitchaholic
01-04-2009, 08:30 AM
"Hello, my name is Mary, I'm a Disniac".
welcome mary,no one is here to judge you,we are all disniacs and disneyaholics,welcome to our 12 step meeting,lol!

divinedi
01-06-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm a single Mom too, mine are older though, youngest is 19. I am heading down to the World the end of January with my 20 year old daughter (I have 3 daughters, 19, 20 and 22)she's the more Disney fan than the other two, and we like the same things where the other two are into the rollercoasters etc. A singles group would be great though! I have done two solo trips, and love it, but meeting up with other singles would be great.

j&j
03-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I what you mean, hard to do something by yourself. When you have shared with a love one at the most favorite place . I am a senior and would like to meet other seniors to share a ride or meal with. dosn't matter if you are young or old still nice to share. why don't you make a post for some other sngles that would like to meet when you are there.:mickey::mickey:

castlelady36
03-31-2009, 09:56 AM
I think a intercot singles group is a great idea as well as single parents!! Who better to go to WDW with then another Disney nut such as yourself!!

Little Round Bale
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
:thumbsup: yes all for the singles group.

tinkgirl07
05-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I thought that I was the only single gal around these parts! But I'm happy to know I'm not the only one. Two trips ago I got engaged at the rose garden at MK and it was amazing, but we ended up breaking up (good thing we realized getting married would NOT fix all of our problems before we actually got married!). I thought how in the world would I ever go back there, but I took a trip with my parents and my little sister and it restored all of the magic. I was able to make new memories and although the old ones are still there, Disney has a way of making everything better! I hope this helps...

And I also think an Intercot singles trip would be super fun! I was debating on whether or not I should go down by myself this fall! If not that, a singles group would be great as well. Great ideas everyone!:thumbsup:

kbean
05-15-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm up for it....I live about 2 hrs away......I've thought the same thing when I see some of the postings are from my area.

Sylvia
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Once upon a time, I always went to WDW with friends or family. I never went solo.

In the "friends department" I vacationed every year with one group, and several times over the years with another. But, unfortunately, several of my friends passed away, and our "travel groups" faded away.

I also vacationed every year with my Mother, and occasionally, other family members joined us. But, Mom passed away in 2002.

Now, my trips are usually solo. I always have a good time, but it would be nice every now and then to share with others, and especially, to share the happy memories I have of all those trips with my friends and with Mom.

Only one of my solo trips was bad. It was my first one after Mom's passing and I knew before going I'd have a rough time. But, I also knew that it would be good therapy. I cried a lot, especially on her favorite attractions (Small World, TTA) or when I saw her favorite characters (Dopey, Chip & Dale), etc., etc., etc.; many other things happened on that trip that I can only chalk up to Disney magic (such as requesting and actually getting the same room at CBR that Mom and I shared on her last trip to WDW!), which really helped me a lot. Before my 2-week vacation was over, I started to remember all of our crazy, fun times together, and I started smiling again. I knew the first time I went on "Small World" (Mom's #1 favorite) and didn't cry that I was finally on the road to recovery. The magic was back.

I think what I'm saying here is - WDW can be fun, whether you're solo or with others. It can also be good therapy; I know it was for me.

I also agree that it would be nice to have a "Singles" forum on Intercot.

tinkgirl07
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for sharing Sylvia! I'm so sorry for your loss, but it is nice to hear that you are able to keep the amazing memories that you had with your mom going! I agree that Disney finds a way to put the magic back when you feel like it is all gone! :mickey: