PDA

View Full Version : which resort is better

motherof4
10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I have stayed at movies and pop I am planning another trip in aug 09 and I would like to know which resort is better pop or all star music. I have 6 people in my family and I would like to know if it is better to stay in the all star music suite or 2 rooms at pop.

faline
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
It's been a while since we stayed at Music but we stayed at Pop for a couple of nights last year and I would prefer Pop. Just my opnion!

LoriSan
10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I stayed at Music once and Pop twice (with another booked for 9/09). I liked Pop better due to the fact that ASM shares it's busses.

I've also heard that you often do better price-wise w 2 rooms than a family suite, since the suites are never discounted.

BigRedDad
10-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Which ever you choose, two rooms are better than a suite in my opinion. I have never stayed at the AS's, but when I stayed at Pop, I was pleasantly surprised. Initially, I thought I set my expectations so low that I could only be impressed. It was much nicer than I expected and I would not have a problem staying there again. Since it is only 3 of us, 1 room at Pop is easy. If there were 4 people, it would be a CSR or a Deluxe. I don't think the rooms ar ebig enough for 4 people.

Jasper
10-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Since all other things are basically equal I would say that you should decide based on the theme that you and your party prefer.

I know that the issue of the shared buses comes up from time to time but the actual transit time is basically the same because of the the way that Disney transportation balances out the number of buses to each resort based on the load demand at any given time. That means that when demand is heavy each of the All Stars has their own bus which keeps transit time down. And really, the stop at the other All Stars is normally just a couple of minutes.

teambricker04
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I think it may depend...

Is your family of 6 adults or some adults and some kids??

We LOVED staying in the family suite at ASMu. We liked it better having only our kids with us than having another adult. I think if it is 6 adults or older children, you may be cramped in the family suite. If you have a mix, then I think it would be fine.

The one thing I don't like about the AS is the crowded buses, but like someone else stated, each has its own for real busy times.

chelly4568
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Well, If I was you then I would keep your family together. Since it is a family vacation and since you are in DISNEY!!.. And you go to disney for a reason to have a good time with your family and to have fun.. So i'd keep your family together..

Hope this helps..

Have a magical Vacation..

Simba's Mom
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Although I haven't stayed at Pop, I have stayed at All-Star Music, and I didn't like the way it was laid out, like a bowling alley. Going to my room, I had to walk through the pool area, whci I didn't like because I usually ended up wet. Maybe there was another route, but I couldn't find it. So of the two, I'd choose Pop. I stayed at All-Star Sports and much preferred that to Music (even though I don't play sports, and DS is a musician!)