PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Alberts or Deluxe Dining Plan

Tinkerbellfan
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Hello,

We are trying to decide between adding on the Deluxe Dining plan or sticking with our plans to go to Victoria & Alberts.

I have always dreamed of going to V&As, but with the economy so crazy right now, it seems a little over the top to spend almost $450 on one meal. And, the DDDP is roughly only $400 more than V&A for our entire stay.

We are also planning on going to Jikos, Artist Points, California Grill and Bistro De France. If we go with the deluxe dining plan, we would replace V&A with Yachtsman Steakhouse.

We are also planning on attending another sit down table service every day for breakfast or lunch.

V&A is not included in the deluxe dining plan. So, if we decided to dine at V&A, we wouldn't do the deluxe dining plan.

Is V&A really worth $450 (two meals plus wine)? I am really torn. I would love your thoughts

Thanks!

faline
10-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Only you can make the decision as to what is financially worthwhile for you. We did Victoria & Albert's once and would love to repeat the experience at some point in time. Would I do the deluxe dining plan? Probably not. Too much food. I find that I probably do better paying for meals as I go. That way, I don't feel forced to eat more than I want to just to get my money's worth! Just my 2 cents!

Iluvpooh
10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Way to go Faline-I was just going to post almost the same thing.

Natazu
10-02-2008, 12:06 AM
If faced with the choice to go with the deluxe plan or a meal at Vicky's, I'd go deluxe.

V&A is one of the best dining experiences you'll ever have. It's worth every penny and I love the place so don't think I'm slamming them. But, there are many excellent places at WDW to spend an evening in culinary luxury and the DxDDP is the best way to experience them. For example, our week in December will include Narcoossee's, Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish, Citricos, Puck, Marrakesh, Grand Floridian Cafe, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Boma, 'Ohana, and The Wave. That's a lot of first rate dining thanks to the deluxe plan.

Think of Vicky's as a deluxe meal and the DxDDP as a deluxe sampler platter.

pox24
10-02-2008, 08:04 AM
We've done it once. It was a very enjoyable experience. Other than the price tag and the fact it was nearly three hours, it was too long for us. Now, if we had gone with a group it may have been different. The menu was fabulous. the portions were very small but I think we had 6 or 7 courses and we were stuffed when we left. I probably wouldn't do it again, but it was a unique experience.

Kairi_7378
10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Think of Vicky's as a deluxe meal and the DxDDP as a deluxe sampler platter.

Couldn't have said it better! I'd stick with your original plans..hey sound wonderful.