PDA

View Full Version : How long BW to Poly/best route?

Dsnygirl
10-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey -- question for all you veterans -- about how long should it take us to get from the BW area to the Polynesian? We're going to take our girls to the Neverland Club and then head out for dinner/dancing, etc at the BW one of our nights. (We'd considered the S'castle club at the BC, but think the N'land Club will suit them better, be more fun...)

I'm thinking we'd take the monorail from the Poly to Epcot and walk over the the BW... if this is indeed the quickest route, how long, about, do you guys think that will take us? Just want to be sure we leave enough time around our reservation and to pick them up, etc.

:thanks:

joelkfla
10-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Of course, you'll have to walk thru Epcot to get from the Monorail to the Boardwalk, so that option is only available when Epcot is open. It's about a mile walk.

And it would usually be faster to walk from the Poly to the TTC, rather than ride all the way around past GF, MK, and CR on the Resort Monorail.

So:
Walk Poly to TTC: 0:05
Wait for Epcot Monorail: 0:10
Monorail to Epcot: 0:10
Walk thru Epcot to BW: 0:20
----------------------------------
Total: 0:45

If the MK is open, you can take the Monorail or boat to the MK, and then bus to BW:
Wait for Resort Monorail: 0:10
Monorail to MK: 0:05
Walk to MK bus loading: 0:05
Wait for bus: 0:20
Bus MK to BW: 0:15
------------------------
Total: 0:55

Both of the above scenarios assume max normal wait time for transit, and comfortable walking speed. If any of my times are off, anyone feel free to correct me :blush:.

And after both parks are closed, your only option (short of a cab) is to transfer buses at DTD, which could take 1:15 depending on your luck with bus wait times.

Beast_fanatic
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I usually allow myself an hour to transfer from resort to resort. If I arrive early, that just gives me a chance to check out the other resort and gift shop.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I would drive or take a cab!!

diz_girl
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I thought that the Neverland Club was for Poly guests only. I just thought that each resorts' Kids Club was for use by its own resort guests, similar to the pool. Am I mistaken?

If I am correct, I just don't want you to have your plans messed up when you find it out when you get to WDW.

Dsnygirl
10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
So:
Walk Poly to TTC: 0:05
Wait for Epcot Monorail: 0:10
Monorail to Epcot: 0:10
Walk thru Epcot to BW: 0:20
----------------------------------
Total: 0:45

If the MK is open, you can take the Monorail or boat to the MK, and then bus to BW:
Wait for Resort Monorail: 0:10
Monorail to MK: 0:05
Walk to MK bus loading: 0:05
Wait for bus: 0:20
Bus MK to BW: 0:15
------------------------
Total: 0:55

Both of the above scenarios assume max normal wait time for transit, and comfortable walking speed. If any of my times are off, anyone feel free to correct me :blush:.

And after both parks are closed, your only option (short of a cab) is to transfer buses at DTD, which could take 1:15 depending on your luck with bus wait times.
Wow.... you rock!! I'm printing out your notes as I type... :cool:

I usually allow myself an hour to transfer from resort to resort. If I arrive early, that just gives me a chance to check out the other resort and gift shop.
Rhonda, you rock, too... shopping is ALWAYS a good option to have time for!!! :spend: :shop:

I thought that the Neverland Club was for Poly guests only. I just thought that each resorts' Kids Club was for use by its own resort guests, similar to the pool. Am I mistaken?

If I am correct, I just don't want you to have your plans messed up when you find it out when you get to WDW.
Thanks for the concern -- just noting this for anyone else who wonders -- I think anyone can reserve the Kids Clubs, I called Disney's reservation system and they specifically ask which resort you're staying at, and both for the Sandcastle Club and the Neverland Club, the fact that we were guests of CBR was fine. I think it's open to anyone on-site... but thanks for checking! :)

spoiledraf
10-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I second the cab..

less than 10 minutes.

no waiting, no walking. I tried that monorail to Epcot to BW. I'll pay the cab.