PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Safari

Airblue1
10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I did not know if this topic is under Theme parks or Accomendations:
However, I have a question. If you have taken the Sunset Safari, what was your impressions? Was it enjoyable? Did you really get up close to the animals?
Thanks Again

DizneyRox
10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
OK, I'm a HUGE animal person. I spend most of my time at Animal Kingdom. I've done the backstage safari, etc.

We decided to stay AKL Concierge (Club Level) just to take the safari. We thought it was FANTASTIC! The "safari" is actually around the AKL grounds, not the AK park, so it IS different than what you would get at AK. The vehicle was a pop top truck basically, very cool. While you may or may not get ultra close to the animals, you are in a truck that they are used to. We didn't have any come right up and touch us, but yes, we got closer than you normally would at an AK safari, but there are always exceptions.

There was a meet and greet with an native of africa which was cool, but the best part after the safari was Jiko. FANTASTIC FOOD!

I would do it again and again, but note that like I said, I'm a huge animal freak, and would probably camp out on the savanah if they let me.

Airblue1
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Thank you. We have swam with dolphins, scuba etc... however, I do not think we will ever get to a savannah, unless it is Georgia. 400 bills for the two us seems a bit, however it also seems like a once in a lifetime treat. My wife loves animals and the animal kingdom. So I have a small feeling that cost or time will never be enough to be a part of such a cool excursion.

:rocker:

Simba's Mom
10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I did not know if this topic is under Theme parks or Accomendations:
However, I have a question. If you have taken the Sunset Safari, what was your impressions? Was it enjoyable? Did you really get up close to the animals?
Thanks Again

I'm assuming you mean the Sunset Safari at AKL?V, called the Wanyama Safari. I took it in May, and I thought it was very enjoyable. You do get close to the animals, expecially the giraffes, some of whom are so curious, they came right up to the truck we rode in. We spent a total of about 1 1/2 hours on the lodge savannahs, then had dinner at Jikos, served family style. I's love to do it again, but I doubt I'd spend that kind of money again.

KAT1811
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
What animals are featured at the AKL? Just wondering what type of animals one could expect to see during the safari.

DizneyRox
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
What animals are featured at the AKL? Just wondering what type of animals one could expect to see during the safari.
The safari is around the AKL savannah so it's the same animals you see at the lodge. It went around all three savannahs when we want, so a quick check of what animals are at the lodge would tell you what you would see.

KAT1811
10-08-2008, 09:32 PM
The safari is around the AKL savannah so it's the same animals you see at the lodge.

Any idea what animals that might be or if they are listed somewhere? Just curious, we have never been to AKL and have always wondered what types of animals they keep around it.