PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chicago Baseball Fans . . .

KylesMom
10-01-2008, 01:19 PM
So which is your team - Cubs or Sox? :thumbsup:

Isn't it great? Whichever side of town you cheer for, they're both Central Champs!!! :mickey:

P.S. White Sox Fan here :beer:

vicster
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Go Sox!!!

sportsguy2315
10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Cubs fan here! :) I'm so pumped for Game 1 tonight! However, not having a day game during a series at Wrigley is sacreligious! :( Everybody knows that THE CUBS are Chicago's team! :)

vicster
10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Everybody knows that THE CUBS are Chicago's team! :)

But it was the Sox who won world series in 2005!!! Even Mayor Daley is a Sox fan!!!

MicMouse
10-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I was at the Sox game last night!! What a game.

It was awesome to see so many people participating in the "Black Out!"

Wouldn't it be great if the Sox and Cubs are in the World Series?

KylesMom
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I was at the Sox game last night!! What a game.
OMG, it sure was - we tried to get tickets for this Sunday's ALDS game when they return home, & the only tickets we could find that were 3 together were over $240 each! :(

We've been talking about a Cubs/Sox series here at work since late April . . . :mickey:

Davyjones
10-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Not a baseball fan, but my 2 brothers live in Chicago. 1 is a Cubs fan and the other is a White Sox fan. So, whenever the family gets together, I get to hear about it from both sides. I love them to death, and it does make shopping for gifts for them easier, but I could do without the Who's Better "discussions" when I'm trying to sleep.

:angry::angry: :sleepin:

Eric87
10-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Sox fan here. I was to at the blackout game and fortunate to be at Game 2 of the 05 WS. Two of the best games in franchise history!

I think the comment regarding its a Cubs town is because a lot of the transplants end up following the Cubs because of the party like experience and WGN.

It would be great to see them both comeback from 0-2!!! Let's Go Chi SOX!!!

indytraveler
10-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Cubs fan here... I'm off the ledge now.
WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!
Can we end the season in September next year?

Jeff G
10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Cubs fan here... I'm off the ledge now.
WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!
Can we end the season in September next year?

Who are the Cubbies going to blame this year since they don't have Bartman?

sportsguy2315
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Who are the Cubbies going to blame this year since they don't have Bartman?

Last year, I put the blame on how cocky I thought the Chicago media was about the Cubs. You wouldn't have thought that Arizona existed before the series. This year, I'm just shocked about everything, but I knew LA was the better team. I thought we had shored up the starting pitching by getting Harden through the trade. I've had people tell me that the Cubs should change everything and why do I root for losers; but I'm still a Cub fan. It doesn't take a lot to root for a team that's winning, but it's the true fans that stay with them through the tough times.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
10-10-2008, 09:14 AM
In Milwaukee we despise the Cubs fans, but love their money!! Wrigley north just means we have found a way to boost the economy north of the border. And the Brewers did go deeper into the playoffs. :mickey: