PDA

View Full Version : September Sojourn – Final Thoughts

faline
10-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Once again, Magical Journeys was extremely helpful in researching and booking our stay! Kudos to Melissa! Quicksilver, another Intercot sponsor, transported us to and from the airport, in style and on time!

This 12 night trip allowed us ample time to take Disney World at our own pace. Crowds were practically non-existent much of the time. This allowed us lots of time to see pretty much everything we wanted to see and still allowed ample rest time which was important as I’m still recovering from surgery and both of us developed head colds during our trip.

Despite, Faye, Gustav, Hanna, Ike and Josephine, our weather was mostly wonderful. We had some rain but it never rained all day long and the rain we did have did not seriously hamper any of the plans we had.

Wilderness Lodge is one of our favorite resorts which was reaffirmed on this trip. This was our first experience with a concierge level stay and it was a very positive one. Everyone we interacted with on concierge level both before we arrived and during our stay was wonderful! We never once purchased breakfast and also took advantage of snacks and one dinner from the Club offerings. Given that, I think we really got our money’s worth out of spending the extra to stay here. It’s certainly something we would consider again if the price were right.

Dining was a mixed bag for us this trip. We had some good food in some surprising places. We had some okay food in places we expected really good food and we had some dining experiences that did not live up to expectations. The other odd thing about dining this trip is that we really needed to keep a sharp eye on our bills. In some places, the gratuity was added to the bill when it was delivered to the table. In others, it was not but a suggested gratuity was printed at the bottom. We could not figure out what the criteria was for adding the gratuity since we were only a party of two. If one was not careful in perusing the bill, it would be very easy to pay the gratuity more than once. I’m not sure I can pick out one location from this trip that leapt to the top for all criteria – ambiance, service, and food quality. Maybe we just judge too harshly.

This trip was in close proximity to our anniversary so we did wear our anniversary buttons for most of the trip. We received a number of well wishes from cast members and even some from other guests – most notably from a small boy who saw our buttons when we were both going through a bag check before entering the park. He immediately wished us a Happy Anniversary! What a sweet and observant little boy! Wearing the buttons also led to a number of magical moments in restaurants all of which were unexpected and very much appreciated!

Highlights of the trip include: Wildlife Excursion; Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, the view from our room, the courtesy and efficiency of Quicksilver, lunch with Mary, carriage ride with Lori and Drummer, wonderful table for Hoop de Doo Review; and the absolutely outstanding concierge staff. I don’t like to dwell on negative experiences so will not list those inevitable glitches that occur in every trip.

Regrets: Missing the Intercot meet at Casey’s; not having as much energy as I usually do leading to fewer night time activities and shorter days in the parks; catching a cold; not wearing our costumes to the Halloween party; and not seeing the second Halloween parade.

It’s the little moments that really make every trip special. We certainly had many magical, little moments and there are many wonderful cast members and other individuals that helped provide those moments. Each of these special moments get stored away in my memory and becomes the foundation for our wanting to return again and again to this very special place!

To those of you who have read through all of my ramblings, thank you! Trip reports are my way of extending the magic and reliving all of those magical moments that occur during a trip to Walt Disney World!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the wonderful reports

mouseketeer mom
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Linda, Oh No! The reports are over! I throughly enjoyed your reports! We too, noticed the same issues with gratuity as you did. Never quite figured out the system, why it was tacked on sometimes, and not on others.
Thank you so so much for sharing your trip. I looked forward to each installment! Lisa

Lizzie
10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I have enjoyed reading all your reports. It sounds like a great trip and at a nice relaxing pace. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

KylesMom
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Linda, overall it sounds like you and Gene had a great visit. A few exceptions included your cold, the blisters and the dubious service you received at CG. Thanks for sharing each day and experience with us - it's always great to read your reports! :mickey:

mickey&missy
10-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Your reports where wonderful! Not at all rambling!! I really enjoyed reading them! Sounds like you and DH had a wonderful trip!

WL is our favorite resort and you've made me even more excited to stay there CL in January!!!

MauiMouse
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Linda, thanks again for taking the time out to write your report. I for one enjoying reading each one.

Thanks too for making me :D a highlight of your trip. You were the same with mine. It was too long between visits. :thumbsup:

eam
10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Linda, I want to add my thanks to the list. I thouroughly enjoyed your report each day. We are leaving in 16 days and staying at the WL (although not concierge level) and you have made me look forward to it even more, if possible. I hope you and Gene are 100 per cent better. Thank you so much.

tinkerbell04
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I have truly enjoyed reading about your trip through your reports. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your journey!

Momof2boys
10-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Linda - thanks so much to you & Gene for letting us share in your anniversary trip. All in all you both had a wonderful trip and your trip reports were laid out so well I found myself drifting off to your favorite locations. Thanks again !

dtootsie42
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Linda-I was sad to see your report come to an end. I have enjoyed reading everything. Thanks so very much!

princessgirls
10-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Linda,

I am sad that your trip and reports have come to an end.

Your health is your wealth and even though you did Disney at a slower pace, you were able to do it.

May you be blessed with good health in the upcoming year.

Thanks for the wonderful reports.
Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for all the Great Reports! :smickey:

Beach Club Babe
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks again foor sharing your trip with us, it was great fun to read!

yjgirl32
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Thank you very much for sharing your trip with us here on Intercot. I enjoy reading them and it also helps me make decisions for my family for our trips based on your observations and experiences. Thanks again.

wildernesslady
10-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Your reports were enjoyable as always. We leave for the lodge in 17 days. Thanks for the gratuity tip. We will pay close attention to that.

RedSoxFan
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Linda: I enjoyed your trip reports. Sounds like you and Gene had a great time.

DizNee143
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
thank you so much for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it...sounds like over all you guys had a really great time there!! :mickey:

Mackflava99
10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I really liked readung your reports too- thanks alot!!

magickingdom67
10-11-2008, 07:21 AM
:mickey:Thanks for sharing your vacation!

cal5755
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I have not commented on all of your reports yet, but I am glad you had such a wonderful anniversary trip!! I agree with the longer stay... we did 10 nights 11 days and it was nice to be able to sleep in on days we wanted too etc. Thanks for sharing your experience!!

TikiGoddess
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Linda,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your great trip! I know I'm a little late in reading them, but nevertheless I loved hearing about your trip. We will be staying at the WL concierge in August and it was nice to hear how much you enjoyed it.

I love how you and Gene sound like kids when you go to the parks -- riding all the rides like AstroOrbiter, you must have had a blast!

Thanks again.
Kathy