PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk

the other micki
10-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Just wondering if this is a fun place and is there really no cover charge?

Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Me personally, no. I don't like it.

Instead, try Jellyrolls. It's a better atmosphere.

AHOTE
10-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Me personally, no. I don't like it.

Instead, try Jellyrolls. It's a better atmosphere.

This is :offtopic: just a little. Jess where are the cast members going to party now that PI is closed? We've done Jellyrolls and it's a good time but nothing like PI.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-01-2008, 06:55 AM
CityWalk, Downtown Orlando, Pointe Orlando, JellyRolls.

Who knows?

LarryBoy
10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
:offtopic: Slightly off topic:

Is Jellyrolls still open? They closed the one here in Atlanta. We used to love that place.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-01-2008, 11:41 AM
LOL, yes - for now. Who knows? That might be their next target for closing.

And then I would really start to riot because I don't like Howl at the Moon nearly as much.

AnnetteFan
10-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Atlantic Dance Hall has the potential to be fun but I've never seen it happen. When I went it was more than half empty and the songs being played were outdated. And not in the nostalgic way but in the way that they were the big hits from a few summers back, not recent enough to be current but not old enough to be oldies. However if the place was full and there was a more defined musical atmosphere it would be a nice place to go and not so different than say Motions.

As for CM's it's felt to me like over the past few years we've all gotten away from the whole PI thing, even before the closure was announced. For actual clubbing more people have been going downtown since they have awesome drink specials like Chiller's dollar drink night and most places have ladies drink free or that sort of thing at least a few nights a week. And then House of Blue's is always huge on Sunday Night service industry nights. Although in the past year or so I've spent much more time at places like Ale House or just hitting up happy hour after work at places like TGIFridays or two for ones at Chili's. But I suppose it depends on if you want clubbing or just want to have a few drinks after work.

passholderryan
10-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't it be great if they moved The Adventurers Club over there?!!!!!