PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood & Vine

mshomeschoolmom
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
What is the dinner like at Hollywood & Vine?

cal5755
10-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Hollywood and Vine is a Buffet...they have salmon, roastbeef, pork tenderloin and chicken. The food is one of the best buffets at The World. I think they have the best deserts to. Rice crispy treats.

DizneyRox
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
What is the dinner like at Hollywood & Vine?I would say roughly the equivalent of the worst chinese buffet in your local area. Food was bland, service was poor, it was noisy and I felt that it was somewhat dirty. Defintely not on my list of places to return to, nor recommend to anyone that they try it.

There's not much good over at DHS, but certainly better than this place if you're looking for some food.

Belle_0717
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I agree. I have eaten at the dinner buffet twice and was not excited about it.

The breakfast was EXCELLENT! I would say it ranks up with Crystal Palace. I know it is a character meal - we got one of the first seatings and the interaction was wonderful. It was DNephew 1st birthday!

KatMark
10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
In a word -- disgusting. We've done it twice and never again. Terrible service (if any), lukewarm, mediocre food (when you weren't waiting 10 minutes for them to replenish) and dirty. We give every place two tries--and we did so with H&V--never again.

3AMommy
10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
I totally disagree. The food at H&V was delicious. There was variety. It was hot and fresh. The kids have their own kid's area with chicken and pizza and mac'n'cheese, but they are invited to eat off of any part of the buffet. We went on 9/10 and we had mediocre service at best, but the food was awesome. The dessert bar is huge.

Some of the things I enjoyed were:
Peel and eat Shrimp
spicy chicken salad
caprese salad
polenta
There was a salad with olives and veggies with a vinaigrette that was awesome

I think everyone has a different opinion on what restaurants are good. While I have never had fantastic service at H&V, it is one of the few places to do the Fantasmic dinner package that I like.

I say give it a try.:)

3AMommy

Minnie Imagineer
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I had dinner there, for fantasmic, and I hated it. I am one of those picky eaters who only eats chicken and the only chicken they had was a kinf of peanut chicken- it literly had peanut butter on it- gross!
but the dessert bar was good because they had soft serve!

Airblue1
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
It is a Buffet. I have to admit it was not one of our favs. If it was not for the Fantasmic Pack. We would have never booked the H&V. However, if you like buffets and buffet food it is not a bad choice.

PittFan
10-01-2008, 11:47 AM
We ate there on 8/25 and thought it was pretty good. I personally loved the Prime Rib! There were an incredible amount of salad options and desserts. The only complaint I had was the service. She seemed to have a bit of an attitude, I figured she was just having a bad day. We're eating there again next year.

Iluvpooh
10-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Not one of my faves-Food is a bit ugh, and service is slow, but the dessert are some of the best I've had.

LuvsTigger80
10-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I have had both lunch and dinner there. And I enjoyed both. We had great service both times. I personally liked lunch over dinner. We will be back there again in Jan. Can't wait. :mickey:

NJGIRL
10-01-2008, 04:54 PM
We thought it was very good. The food was hot, fresh and very tasty. We didn't see anything dirty and our service was OK.

WDisneyWforMe
11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Generally as with any resturant at Disney you will find as many who enjoy it as you do those that hate it. Our family eats here each time, nothing fantastic about it but the food is good. We've had anything from great service to just okay. It's certainly worth a shot in my opinion.
Diane

pixiesmimi
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
We eat there every time we go and love it, even the kids. We have never had a problem with service or the food. My DH loves the mussels they have. We usually get the Fantasmic Package here.