PDA

View Full Version : Any info on 'nights' on the Western Caribbean 7-Nighter?

Pixie Power
09-30-2008, 11:12 PM
'Nights' such as Pirate Night, Formal Night, Semi-Formal Night and when during the cruise they will fall? We are going on the Dec. 27th 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise THIS year (So we'll be on the boat of NYE & NY Day--WOOT!) & are wondering if Formal Night will be for NYE, etc.

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

Pixie Power
10-01-2008, 06:28 PM
No one knows the schedule of this cruise (nightly events, etc.)?

Donald_Quackers
10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
According to my Passporter (I highly recommend buying), on the western caribbean cruises, the general schedule was:
Day 1 - casual
Day 2 - casual
Day 3 - formal
Day 4 - casual
Day 5 - Pirates in the Caribbean
Day 6 - semi-formal
Day 7 - casual

Pixie Power
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
According to my Passporter (I highly recommend buying), on the western caribbean cruises, the general schedule was:
Day 1 - casual
Day 2 - casual
Day 3 - formal
Day 4 - casual
Day 5 - Pirates in the Caribbean
Day 6 - semi-formal
Day 7 - casual

Thank you! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
No one knows the schedule of this cruise (nightly events, etc.)?The schedule given is for "standard" cruises. Because you are travelling during the holiday, chances are it's going to be different. I know in the past, they've scheduled Formal attire for whichever night New Years Eve falls on. For your cruise, that would be the 5th night. In the standard cruise schedule, the 5th night is the Pirates in the Caribbean Party. I'm sure that will be changed. I'm thinking they will change the Captains Gala as well. Usually that would be on the 6th night, but I doubt they would have a formal night and a semi-formal night back to back. If I had to guess, this is what your cruise will end up looking like:

Day 1 12/27 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 2 12/28 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 3 12/29 ~ Semi-Formal (Captains Gala)
Day 4 12/30 ~ Pirate or Cruise Casual (Pirates in the Caribbean party)
Day 5 12/31 ~ Formal (New Years Eve)
Day 6 1/1 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 7 1/2 ~ Cruise Casual

Pixie Power
10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
The schedule given is for "standard" cruises. Because you are travelling during the holiday, chances are it's going to be different. I know in the past, they've scheduled Formal attire for whichever night New Years Eve falls on. For your cruise, that would be the 5th night. In the standard cruise schedule, the 5th night is the Pirates in the Caribbean Party. I'm sure that will be changed. I'm thinking they will change the Captains Gala as well. Usually that would be on the 6th night, but I doubt they would have a formal night and a semi-formal night back to back. If I had to guess, this is what your cruise will end up looking like:

Day 1 12/27 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 2 12/28 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 3 12/29 ~ Semi-Formal (Captains Gala)
Day 4 12/30 ~ Pirate or Cruise Casual (Pirates in the Caribbean party)
Day 5 12/31 ~ Formal (New Years Eve)
Day 6 1/1 ~ Cruise Casual
Day 7 1/2 ~ Cruise Casual

Thanks Tammi. :thumbsup: I was wondering (possibly willing to assume) that NYE would be at least semi-formal, but more likely, formal. So this line-up for the holiday specialty cruise seems very likely to me as well.

Thanks again!:mickey:

RobWreck
10-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Although I don't recall all of the nights (a side-effect of too many bahama mama's and a friendly bartender ;) ) I do recall that formal night was on New Year's Eve and that the semi-formal night was not the night immediately before or after NYE.
I'll see if I can find my Navigaters from this past New Years so I can nail down the nights for you...
Rob

PS: For NYE, be up on the top deck for the party... the countdown and NYE celebration was ALOT of fun! :D

Pixie Power
10-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Although I don't recall all of the nights (a side-effect of too many bahama mama's and a friendly bartender ;) ) I do recall that formal night was on New Year's Eve and that the semi-formal night was not the night immediately before or after NYE.
I'll see if I can find my Navigators from this past New Years so I can nail down the nights for you...
Rob

PS: For NYE, be up on the top deck for the party... the countdown and NYE celebration was ALOT of fun! :D

Oh, if you could find that out for me that would be fantastic!