PDA

View Full Version : Lodge Tower at GF Question

Juicy1122
09-30-2008, 11:08 PM
I am in the planning stages for my honeymoon and have a quick question.
Has anyone stayed in a Lodge Tower room at the Grand Floridian? I am not really sure what the difference is. We know we want to stay at the GF, but can't decide on a room type. I don't really have a need to stay on the concierge level since I like to plan on my own and we are doing the deluxe dining plan.

Any info would be appricitated!!!

Thanks in advance
Sam

TammiMcMan
10-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Lodge tower rooms are nice, but not sure if it's what you'd be looking for on a honeymoon. Basically, it's a standard room that's a little bit bigger than a regular room (think studio suite). The extension area has the bay window type look and there's a sofa, chairs, coffee table and extra tv. All the bedding is 2 queens. All the views are garden. Lodge tower rooms on the top floor do not have a balcony. They're located in the outer buildings and do not include club level service.

I would probably go with a standard room, but get a lagoon or theme park view and request a king bed.

I can send you a PM if you'd like to see the room layout, just so you can compare.

pox24
10-01-2008, 09:06 AM
My wife and I stayed once in the tower. It was a dormer room on the 4th floor with a view of the Poly, pool and Wedding Pavilion. Although it was very nice, it did not justify the cost. We stay now on our trips to the GF in Boca Chica MK view or lake view with a king bed. Any place at the GF is a real treat.:thumbsup: