PDA

View Full Version : Anything I should be aware of June 3-7 - 09

spoiledraf
09-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Havent been in June for a while and can't remember if anything goes on then. I'm hoping to beat the just out of school crowd.

tracibell
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
The two things I am aware of that might affect your trip are Gay Days and Star Wars Weekends. I believe, and I could be mistaken, that the Gay Days usually occur the first week of June. If I am wrong, somebody here will probably correct me because :rocks:

Star Wars Weekends were in June this year and were really fun. I was lucky enough to get a picture with Darth Vader. :darth: The park was extremely crowded though.

AuntDJ
09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Crowds and Heat....

I have been the last 3 years at this time...yes it is usually gay day (just stay away from the park it is at; you can google gay days and find their schedule). I only say stay away as whatever park has the activities is PACKED! and if you aren't there for those, why fight the crowds?

Crowds: be prepared for lines...use your fast pass;

Buy a misting fan; bring your own bottles of water (will save you a couple of $$); take advantage of early entry...

You will sweat-do not plan on re-wearing clothes. I know I have tried to pack less but here it doesn't work....I stress this on undergarments for women (not to give to much info, but there it is)..

We got up early, played in the parks, had lunch, then came back to swim and then went back to the parks....we also, stayed most of the day, came back to the hotel around 5-6ish swam, ate and had an early night....both options worked great for us!

Star Wars Weekends- You have to determine if this is a must for you...if yes, get there early; find out where the characters are that you MUST see, and head for them....It will be crowded; if you don't care about Star Wars; I recommend going to a different park Fri; Sat; Sun of your stay...It is important for us, and we really enjoy it....

Be prepared and all will be well....

Also most Southern schools are out by this time, so I don't know how much school crowd you will beat.

Have fun!
DJ

buzznwoodysmom
09-30-2008, 06:01 PM
You are not going to be beating the end of school crowds altogether. While some northern schools will still be in school, southern schools end sometime in the later part of May. My kids school, and all schools in our area finish school the week before Memorial Day.

thumperbug
09-30-2008, 07:26 PM
AuntDJ I hear ya alll the way on the extra undergarments thing....and I know exactly what you are talking about.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Crowds and Heat....

Also most Southern schools are out by this time, so I don't know how much school crowd you will beat.
I was thinking the same thing....And the day those crowds start piling in--it just feels so-o much hotter, and you don't have as much patience with the lines...:sun::flame:
But it's still better than a hot day at home!:mickey:

nls721
10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Now, I don't think you need to worry about crowds. We were there June 3-9, 2007. We were so suprised on how slow it was. We did fastpass just because, well we always do. But, you probably didn't ned to because major rides (exception of Soarin') was at less then 1/2hr wait. We are "commando" tourists but we had to even take a break in the afternoon because it got way too hot and sticky. Didn't nap, just went back to the hotel and took a swim then back to the parks around 430 or so. You'd be surprised how much taking a swim refreshed us.

spoiledraf
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Well the gay days web site says things start at Disney on Thursday so I think we will reverse the order and change to Sunday for our first day. They mention as many as 125000 people taking part in one way or another so I hope going earlier helps with shorter lines. While we won't miss the kids from the southern states, My locals up north likely will be in their last week of school. Every little bit helps. I've kind of gotten used to going the first of Oct. Nobody there and a bit cooler.