PDA

View Full Version : BC Villas is 8 to many?

spoiledraf
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
The plan is the 2 BR BC Villas with me (Papa) and Nana, DS, wife and kids-2 and 4, DD and hubby and 16 month old.Thats actually nine but they seem to allow it in on line reservations since the little one doesn't count. Since I'm footing the bill, it's the most inexpensive way to stay at the BC. But I'm concerned about to many people in too small a space. The plan is to do breakfast together and a dinner or two And start out in the parks together, but let the older children go on their own in the evenings and Nana and Papa (50 something) handle the babes. Anybody squeezed that many into these villas and survive for four days? Nana and Papa will take the fold out couch and give the kids and their kids the rooms for some private space. As I understand it, one of the BRs are actully a seperate room just attached.

This will be the first trip for the little ones and the first in a long time for DS and his wife. I don't want it to turn into a sour experience.

Opinions???

teambricker04
09-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Now, I have stayed at BC, but not in the villas. This is just my opinion :) based on my past experience.

We have stayed at FW with 4 adults and two small children in a cabin. We have also stayed 4 adults and 1 small child in a family suite at ASMu. Our biggest thing isn't so much the sleeping arrangements as much as the bathroom and showering. FW cabin only had one bathroom... making it too small for all of us!

I think you need to ask if you can handle the bathroom sharing. Sounds to me like you have a good plan otherwise!!!

PS I would probably do a 2br villa with 6 adults as long as I liked them :)

Alligirl
09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
We are thinking of BC for our next trip as well. I am also worried about the size. We are a family of four myself DH and two DD's 17 & 19 we have invited our dearest friends along it is husband wife and DS & DD 16 & 19. I would really like to stay at the BC since the kids love the pool there but my home resort is BWV and I think the rooms are bigger there. I would pick OKW for size alone but again the kids want to do thier own thing on occasion so BWV is a better location for that.:confused::confused:

spoiledraf
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
The villa has two bathrooms so that should help. But that is a bit of a problem especially after a long day and getting ready for dinner in a hurry. Heck, I'll just jump in the pool and skip the shower. (YUK) :secret:

Janmac
09-30-2008, 11:44 PM
We were recently at the Old Key West Resort with a dedicated 2 bedroom villa - the bedroom with the 2 beds is not a lock off in this case. It's a bedroom with two beds and no kitchen area. The lockoff 2 bedroom has a bed, sleeper couch and a kitchen area, if I'm not mistaken.

We also had the bedroom with the king bed and big tub. We had two bathrooms - one off the room with the two beds, while the one off the room with the king bed had a separate entrance through the laundry room.

Not all 2 bedrooms have this set up. Some 2 bedrooms have only one entrance into the bathroom off the room with the king bed. I don't know what the Boardwalk villas have.

We were 5 adults and one 4 year old so we were short your number. We did have 2 adults and one child in the 2 bedroom (grandma, mom and daughter), 2 adults (dh and me - sister to grandma) in the bedroom with the king and another (our grandson) in the living room on the couch.

The sleeper couch seemed comfortable when I tried it briefly but I didn't spend a week sleeping on it.

We found the whole villa very spacious. Wonderfully so. More spacious than the Wilderness Home that some of us tried on our last trip. Also, once grandma, mom and daughter retired for the evening, we did not hear them - or the tv. Our grandson stayed up watching tv in the main room and we were not bothered in the room with the king bed.

There was a table on the balcony, a table in the main room, and a table in the room with the two beds. We found that this helped with spreading out and having some space for each family group.

There are 3 tvs as well, altho only the tv in the main room had a dvd player. This was very helpful too, as the 4 year old could watch something more to her liking in the room with the two beds. Even, because of the table, have a snack while watching.

You may have a problem finding a spot for your clothes, altho there is a closet by the door. The closets in the bedrooms are very roomy. The wardrobes in the bedrooms have big drawers but that would be a bit unhandy, going into someone's room for your socks. I don't recall much non-kitchen storage in the main room.

If your get along with your extended family even reasonably well, I think you will probably have a great time.

Jan

7swans
10-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Here is some info for you, take note that "dedicated" 2 bedrooms have 2 double beds, and "lock off" units have one bed & 1sleeper sofa.

Beach Club’s Two Bedroom Villas are a spacious 1,083 square feet. Designed to accommodate up to eight (8) guests plus one child under age three (3), Two Bedroom Villas provide a welcome degree of privacy with separate living and sleeping quarters.

The suite features a king-size bed in the bedroom. In the second bedroom of the dedicated two bedroom villa, you will find a variation of sleeping accommodations. While most rooms have the “DVC standard” of a queen bed plus a full sleeper, several of the rooms have been altered to have two queen beds in the second bedroom. This can be very helpful in accommodating large families. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are guaranteed at the time you make your reservation.

A queen-size sleeper sofa awaits you in the living room. Bathroom facilities include a whirlpool tub, shower and double vanity.

All Two Bedroom Villas include a full kitchen stocked with all the necessary cookware and utensils. Those without access to transportation may purchase groceries from The Marketplace for in-room meal preparation. Grocery delivery service is also available.

In room laundry facilities are provided, along with a one-load box of laundry detergent.

Room amenities include:

Master Bedroom:

King-size bed
Pack-n-play crib
Nightstand
Clock radio
Lamps
Chair
Cable TV with storage armoire
Ceiling fan
Telephone

Second Bedroom:

Either Two Queen-size beds (dedicated) or
One Queen-size bed and a Double-size sleeper sofa (lock-off)
Nightstand
Clock radio
Lamps
Chair
Cable TV with storage armoire
Ceiling fan
Telephone

Bathrooms

Whirlpool tub (master bathroom only)
Shower massager
Hair dryer
Towel package
Toiletries starter pack

Kitchen

Refrigerator
Electric stove/oven
Microwave oven
Sink with disposal
Coffee maker and starter pack
Toaster
Electric blender
Dishware, glasses, coffee cups and flatware service for eight
Serving platter, vegetable bowls, salad serving bowl, sugar bowl, pitcher and cream server
Eight-piece cookware set (pots, pans and lids)
Casserole dishes, measuring cups and spoons, colander, cutting board and cookie sheet
Paring knife, cook's knife, tongs, serving spoon, serving fork, can opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
Teakettle
Dish towel
Sponge
Potholders

Living / Dining Area

Queen-size sleeper sofa
Cable television
DVD player
Lamps
End table
Coffee table
Chair
Dining table and chairs
Ceiling fan
Telephone

Laundry Room / Closet

Washer and dryer
Vacuum cleaner
Iron and ironing board
Broom and dustpan
Laundry detergent (starter box)

Private porch or balcony

Two (2) chairs
Table
(Note: in the case of a lock-off, there will be two balconies.)

7swans
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
We stayed in an SSR 2 bedroom with 2 adults & 5 teens, 4 boys in the 2nd bedroom, 1 girl on the sofa bed.

I think you will be snug in a two bedroom, but if you all get along well you will be okay.

Had you considered you and your wife taking the second bedroom with the two older grandchildren?
That might afford more privacy for your DS & his wife than sharing a room with their kids.

If you have enough points you might consider adding a studio, that would cerainly be enough room for all.

Hope your trip is terrific!

spoiledraf
10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the info. Only problem I for see is getting to the potty in the middle of the night! A third door was mentioned. is that available from the living area?

Janmac
10-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I did a search for floor plans for the 2 bedroom Beach Club Villas. It looks as tho the floorplans there are slightly different than the dedicated 2 BR we had at OKW.

The floor plan shows a stackable laundry in a closet, rather than the sort of laundry hall with door to the bathroom in the OKW 2 BRs. It's hard to tell from the floor plans just how the various bathroom layouts actually are.

The bathrooms are near the doors to the bedrooms, with the beds further away from the door. There's some sort of post with 3 swingy things from it, in the king bed room plan. Not too sure what's up with the one swingy thing. Might be a small door into the bathroom.

I recommend you post at the DVC thread here at Intercot and ask there about getting into the bathrooms. Be something good to include in a trip report.

Jan

Iluvpooh
10-01-2008, 11:46 PM
For your group size I think OKW is a better option not so much for more sleeping area, but just for more area period!! The square footage at OKW is way above the Sqf at BWV.