PDA

View Full Version : Birthday & Anniversary!

Figment104
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Got a quick question here. Do you think it's ok to celebrate both a birthday and anniversary on the same trip. DH and I will be in WDW from 10/11 - 10/18 and our birthdays are actually 10/04 (mine) and 10/05 (DH) odd I know. We had planned this trip as an anniversary trip since we wouldn't be able to go at that time due to work and the 16th which is the day (just not the correct month) falls during our trip which is why we decided to make this an anniversary trip.

Well I just got to thinking about it and I'd really love to have a birthday button from Disney World and with the job I have now there's no way I'd ever be able to go down for my actual birthday (I don't think DH would care either way about his = ) ).

So back to my quick (guess I don't know the definition of this word) question: Would it be ok to let them know at check in that we're also celebrating mine or both of our birthdays so that I can get the button?

Just as a side note. I'm not wanting to do this to try and get special treatment or things such as that, I'd just really like to have the button as a suvenior of probably the only time I was ever at Disney near my birthday.

Thanks everyone!

3AMommy
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
We went to celebrate my two boys birthdays but we were actually there the week before their birthday.

At the check-in/concierge desk they gave each of my kids a birthday button. They do not ask to see any kind of ID or anything.

But, in all honesty, it seemed like every other person is wearing those pins now. And they wear them all week during their vacation. Of course the CM's all say Happy Birthday, but it doesn't seem that special or unique anymore IMHO.

Here is what we did and it worked great:

Each boy got to pick ONE day to celebrate his birthday. That day the "birthday" boy wore his pin and a special birthday hat that I made. It seemed like they got TONS of attention on those days.

We "officially" moved their birthdays to that day (we told them) so whenever someone asked, "is your birthday really today?" They could say YES!

An entire section of the audience at the Finding Nemo show in AK sang Happy Birthday to them! We also got FastPasses to the Safari in AK. Anyway, it seemed like we got more attention because we made it more noticeable and special than everyone else.

Here is a link to a picture of my oldest son wearing his birthday ears....gotta love it!!!

http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/qq272/rtmathieu/

Have Fun with it!!!! Make it your own celebration!!!

3AMommy:mickey:

spoiledraf
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
'' Do you think it's ok to celebrate both a birthday and anniversary on the same trip?''''

Absolutely NOT. You have to go back for your anniversary! It's only fair. Your boss will just have to undeerstand. Some things take priority!:number1:

EmISeeKayEeWhy
09-30-2008, 02:52 PM
There is nothing wrong with it at all! In fact our upcoming nov trip will be a b-day/anniversary trip. As for the pins, wear them all you want, yeah there may be alot of other people wearing bday pins, but I contribute that to the fact that WDW has become a celebration place. Hence the new celebrate your day marketing stragedy set for next year. So instead of thinking of it as I'm competing with 1000 other bdays, think of it as you are sharing your special day with others. Strike up a friendship with other bday guests, make it special for everyone that shares the same magical day as your5self.

BrerStitch
09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
If you don't want to let them know at check-in that it's your birthday you can always go to city hall at the MK & get a button also.

As to whether or not you should celebrate birthday & anniversary, why not?:mickey: The trip is all about the two of you! My bday & our anniversary are 3 days apart, so we'll be celebrating them on the same trip. Since I would prefer to wear the anniversary button for the whole trip I only plan on wearing the bday one for a day. But it's really a personal choice.

I can say though from past experience that sometimes wearing the pin gets old. You get tired of photographers asking you to do "cute" poses etc. with the anniversary pins on. Have a wonderful trip!

Figment104
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the great and quick responses to my question. I don't know why I didn't even think about the birthdays when I was planning the trip but now that we're so close it just dawned on me. I think I will just go ahead and enjoy myself and probably only wear the birthday button on one day and say that's my birthday!!! (great idea by the way).

'' Do you think it's ok to celebrate both a birthday and anniversary on the same trip?''''

Absolutely NOT. You have to go back for your anniversary! It's only fair. Your boss will just have to undeerstand. Some things take priority!

If only I could sometimes doing budgets and forecasts has it's drawbacks but it does pay for the trips pretty well which is the whole point for me! I will admit the DH told me just the other night that he would love to go back next year in the Spring so I do have that to look forward too once we get back!

Thanks again :mickey: