PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Honeymoon Day 6

DreaminofDisney24
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Cast:
Me-26-First Time
DH-Steve-26
Sept. 12-21st, WL with free dining!

Do you ever do things that you really, really shouldn't have, but you figured you'd give it a try anyway? Yeah...welcome to Day 6...After sleeping in for a bit (surprise, right?), Steve and I headed to Disney Studios, because we had reservations at the Sci Fi Diner for a late lunch. We arrived just in time to witness Mr. Jones going for the temple idol (we enjoyed the show, but dude, the ride in DL is AMAZING), and then headed towards Star Tours. And here's where Erin (oh, that's me btw) made a bad decision. I get motion sickness...I can't read in the car and it stinks. I did a lot of research on this ride before hand though, and saw that a lot of people who are prone to motion sickness don't get it on this ride, yada yada yada...Steve was super excited to try it out, and I wanted to see it too. I knew full well going into it what it was, but as I buckled my seatbelt, I wondered if it was really such a good idea. Well, our aircraft "took off", and it started out ok...and then the pilot decided to go fight the bad guys and a little something inside of me slowly died...perhaps it was my soul...perhaps it was my breakfast...either way, it wasn't good. The ride ended, and Steve thought that I would be fine, because it really wasn't that bad. He took his time getting the video camera out from under the seat, while I just looked at him and hissed "GET OUT NOW". I must have not looked to great, because my poor DH quickly got out of the way, and I briskly walked outside to a waiting bench. I sat there, trying to look discreet, but dude, I was feeling:sick: and the world hadn't stopped spinning. Steve was a patient man, and sat with me for a bit, as I tried to get my affairs in order ( I did apologize to him for yelling, but he totally shrugged it off...good husband!). Our lunch reservation was coming up, and I knew that Steve was really looking forward to it, and I was as well...After the world stopped spinning for a bit, we made our way over to the Diner, and Steve checked in while I numbly sat against the wall. Once we actually were seated, and I had a good hour in A.C and there was no movement, I was able to enjoy myself a little bit. I know this place gets bad reviews, but Steve and I loved our meal. Our shakes were great, and the rib meat fell right off of the bone..mmm...but when we finished, and I got up to leave, I knew the rest of the day was a wash. Once you get motion sick, and it's hot, you're pretty much screwed for the rest of the day. We headed back to the hotel, and I slept for a very long time...Steve brought some dinner that evening, and then I kept on sleeping. I'm not going to lie-I only felt a little guilty, and I was pretty disappointed because we were going to go see Fantasmic that evening, but that sleep was what the doctor ordered-and it allowed me to get over the sickness and enjoy the rest of the vacaction. Did I mention that my husband is very, very patient and understanding? I love that man!
Next up..Day 7-Wet and Wild!

yjgirl32
09-30-2008, 10:04 AM
So sorry to hear you got motion sick on Star Tours. Glad to hear you had a good experience at Sci-Fi- that's where my DH would like to try. Thanks for sharing.

Mackflava99
09-30-2008, 10:45 AM
My mom got a littel sick on star tours- i was shocked but now i understand-
Your hubby sounds very understanding:)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2008, 11:06 AM
thanks for the report, sorry about the:sick:

pdrlkr
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the report! :sick:

iheartmickey
09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Your DH sounds like a very sweet and understanding man.
Thanks for sharing!

mouseketeer mom
10-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Oh, thats just awful. That is a horrible feeling. Hope tomorrow is better!

snuggs30
10-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Bummer on :sick: I can't ride that either. I always get dizzy! Atleast you got to enjoy Sci-Fi, I love that place it's so much fun! I know i am guilty of running my self to death so sleep probably did you alot of good!

Lizzie
10-01-2008, 11:43 AM
I know how you were feeling I get so sick on that ride. I did it once with my husband and I knew I shouldn't as soon as the door shut I was in panic and wasn't sure if I was gonna make it. There is a motion sicknes patch you can get that makes it possible for me to read in the car on long trips and take boat rides. But I have still been to nervous to try Star Tours with it again.

faline
10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry! My husband can do the wildest coasters but can get terribly ill in simulator rides! Occasionally, he'll feel up to going on it but I suspect he has his eyes shut much of the time! Many times, he declines and I do it solo!

Glad you were able to get back to your room and get lots of refreshing sleep!

tinkerbell04
10-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your motion sickness. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal otherwise!

#1disneyfan
10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
So sorry that you had to experience being sick in WDW. I know from first hand experience with our DD that it is not fun. It is never fun to be ill, but it is always worse when you are so far from home! Glad to see that you made the most of the rest of the afternoon and got some much needed rest. Off to read the next report!

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Man, do I know how you feel. We usually ask for Row 1 'cause the ride is too intense for me in the back, but I braved it out twice toward the rear of the ride this past trip for DS and DH and knew I was in trouble both times! :( This really is the only ride at Disney I have problems with (you couldn't pay me $$$$ to go on M:S Orange Team, though!).

Glad you had an enjoyable time at Sci-Fi . . . we too like this establishment.

I'm sorry your day was kinda blah - hopefully tomorrow can be another full, enjoyable day for you! :mickey:

P.S. While DS suffers horribly from motion sickness, Star Tours never bothers him. Go figure!