PDA

View Full Version : 50's prime time cafe questions?

dumbo ears
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Im eating at the prime cafe on christmas eve around 7:30. Ive never eaten there but Ive heard great things about it. but i got a few questions:

1, Whats really good to eat there? ive heard that the meatloaf is good and is this the place that has the pb and j milkshake
2. What is the experience like? ive heard about what the waiters do and thats gonna be cool
3. is it worth the price?

PrinceCharming13
09-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I've had the meatloaf, pot roast, and fried chicken. All were very good. The food and waiters' antics make the Prime Time well worth every penny.

thumperbug
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
The fried chicken was great. But make sure you mind you manners and keep you elbows off the table. The waiters are great. Just play along.

GrmGrninGost
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
The meatloaf, fried chicken and pot roast are all great! The cobbler is fantastic! I look forward to dining at 50's Prime Time more than any of the other places at WDW! The atmosphere is soooo cool! Play along and have a blast! :mickey:

hardingella
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Eat light for lunch, because youll want to have room for pot roast and dessert , it was all delicious. :thumbsup:

just make sure you
Do put your elbows on the table and
DONT eat all your greens:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Our favorite is the fried chicken with mashed potatoes.

DizneyRox
10-01-2008, 10:31 AM
The pot roast is fantastic (that's all I get when I go), but others around me have enjoyed the fried chicken and meatloaf as well. I don't think we've even done any fish there, grandpa is usually very proud of his catch though!

Service has been spotty lately however, as with most restaurants. We were seated once and actually didn't see our waiter for 45 minutes (hey, we were hungry and through they would bea round any minute). They have been doing a lot less of the games in recent years than they used to. Used to be everyone was in on the games, now you never know what you're going to get.

It's still on our list of must dos though... They haven't totally screwed up everything over there.

Airblue1
10-01-2008, 10:39 AM
It is def. worth the price and the theme is very cool. You will def. like your choice and the food.

Have Fun!

whalesitter
10-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Favorite Restaurant at Disney outside of CA Grill.

I think the wait staff antics have dried up some over the years but its still a good time. The amount of grief they used to dish out was much greater back in the early days...

Good food! Share! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
10-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Im eating at the prime cafe on christmas eve around 7:30. Ive never eaten there but Ive heard great things about it. but i got a few questions:

1, Whats really good to eat there? ive heard that the meatloaf is good and is this the place that has the pb and j milkshake
2. What is the experience like? ive heard about what the waiters do and thats gonna be cool
3. is it worth the price?

1.I had the pot roast and loved it...
2.We had a great experience...Our waiter was great and the waitress next to our table was even better...
3.I thought that this was one of our least expensive stops...

starrmomof2
10-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Definitely delish!! We ate there last week and it will be on our list to repeat whenever we return. I had the fried chicken and mashed potatoes with S'mores for dessert and was stuffed!! My husband had a grilled pork tenderloin (I forget what sides) with Dad's sundae for dessert. He cleaned both plates!

Mickeydream
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Prime Time 50's is definitely on our list for our next trip! It looks like a real fun time.:mickey:

JerseyDad
10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
....the meatloaf is good...but the pot roast is REALLY REALLY good. (and I'm a picky pain-in-the-you-know-what that usually prefers his own home cooking). We ate there two November's ago...and had a great time. The kids loved it....even my (then) 16 yr old daughter...who was given the nick-name "Miss Hoover" by our waiter for cleaning her plate better than a vacuum!

....they also...make a killer Bloody Mary!!

tigger_ttfn
10-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Always a must do for us!! The fried chicken wins out everytime now, but we have had the pot roast and it's really good as well. Dad's sundae is awesome if you can actually eat anything at that point. The theming inside is great although we haven't had any servers that "play along" (but it didn't really matter to us).

BeccaO
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
The PB&J milkshakes are to die for!!!!!!! I am a PB fanatic and that is one of the things that attracted me to this place. The food is pretty good and if you get lucky and get a good CM, that will make the visit very memorable. Just make sure you clean your plate or they will do the airplane trick in front of everyone in the restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might not want to ask where the restroom is after you have been seated, makes for an embarrassing situation if you know what I mean!!!!;)

BrowncatP
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
You need to put your elbows on the TABLE!

Wickster1970
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I take it putting your elbows on the table is akin to asking for ketchup at Whispering Canyon?

Insanity Clause
10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
What happens when you put your elbows on the table??

DizneyRox
10-11-2008, 05:37 AM
What happens when you put your elbows on the table??
Most of the time notihng, sometimes you'll be asked to remove them. They seem to enforce basic manners at 50's, so take your hat off, no elbows on the table, no potty mouth, that type of thing.

brewcrew26
10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I used to love eating at Prime Time. But our last trip in April, it was a total letdown.

The service was spotty. Our server was overstretched and barely interacted with any of the tables in her section.

I remember the food to be good in the early to mid-90s, but this trip it was mediocre. I wasn't overly impressed by anything that we tried. Although, the fountain cherry coke was awesome.

I think we're planning a bit to see if some kinks get worked out before we go back.

rmsongs
10-11-2008, 02:04 PM
We ate at the PTC in '06 and it was a blast! Our server, "Sister Stephanie", made the experience one that we won't forget; you can imagine the look on my then-9-year-old's face when he returned from the restroom and she asked him if he washed his hands. Naturally, he said he did, so she asked him what color the soap was. Hilarious. If you play along, you should have a great time; we had a family on one side of us that was into the shtick and another one on the other side that had their noses so high in the air they could barely see their plates. Just go with the flow. The theming is great; they had a period clock in the "living room" that my mom still had in her kitchen up until a couple years ago; the very same one. As far as the food goes, I had the chicken and it kind of reminded me of a TV dinner, but the meatloaf is incredible. In fact, I've made it at home a couple times since we were there. Pricing is hard to say, because we did it on the DP, but I'd guess it's not so expensive as to make it not worth a visit. We're going back in less than a month with another family and we told them the 50's PTC is a "Can't Miss".

LudwigVonDrake
10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I strongly endorse the Pot Roast :tasty: :eat:

dixielandings
10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
We were just there last Monday - it was great. This is one of the lower-priced TS places. Our server was LOUD and great at her role. She actually made our friend - quiet, soft-spoken, not really "into" stuff - stand in the corner with his nose holding a sugar packet on the wall for having his elbows on the table. The service was quick and the food was good. This was one of our best times at 50's.

They have new tuna casserole on the menu. DH ordered it - I was underwhelmed. I got my usual meatloaf! YUM!