PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about AP!

Bethanymouse
09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello my fellow intercotees! As a gift for getting married at WDW, they give an AP to the bride and groom. This will be our first experience with an AP. Can you tell me some benefits or disadvantages? Also, what is we want to go on a meal plan, is that possible? Please help! Thank you!

ILoveLegos
09-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Free AP Advantages:
1. You can go to WDW 365 days in one year.
2. Free parking
3. Save 10% at selected stores on most merchandise
4. Possible discount codes on on-site hotel reservations
5. Pre-view days on new attractions
6. You can purchase the DDE card (now called Tables in Wonderland).
7. You can participate in the DDP if you choose.
8. The Mickey Monitor comes directly to your house.
9. You can go to the "AP Passholder" section of the official WDW website.
10. You do not activate your new AP and it will never expire!

Free AP Disadvantage:
1. After it expires (366 days after your first use of it), and if you've really enjoyed it, you will have to pay for your next one, it won't be complimentary! :mickey: The good news is that the renewal rate is slightly cheaper than another brand new pass, but it is retroactive to your original anniversary date, so don't wait too long to renew.

That's all I can think of.

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
That is so cool that you get a comp AP!! What a great wedding gift from WDW!

faline
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Here (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/annualpass/default.asp) are the benefits associated with having an annual pass.

Bethanymouse
09-30-2008, 04:46 PM
How does the DDP work with an AP?

DizneyRox
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
How does the DDP work with an AP?
Depending on the plan, you pay retail for the DDP and it works exactly the same.

goofgal
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
For me, the greatest advantage of my annual pass has nothing to do with the listed benefits. It's a sense of freedom. I don't have to "get my moneys worth" out of every day at Disney. I can stop and smell the roses (sometimes literally) and truly enjoy myself. I can sit down and people watch without feeling guilty. Every visit, I'll sit down somewhere to take a break and look around. Even as many times as I've been, I still see neat little things that I've missed.

In terms of the listed benefits, the two that truly appeal to me (other than being able to go to my favorite place whenever I want :mickey::mickey:) are the park-hopper option and the free parking. I can go to whatever park I'd like and not have to worry.

Bethanymouse
10-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the input! We are very excited and grateful that disney gives an AP out to wedding couples. I think more specifically I am wondering how the DDP would work. Do we need to purchase a one day park ticket to get this? If not how much does the regular plan go for and how much is the deluxe? Thanks guys!

DizneyRox
10-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the input! We are very excited and grateful that disney gives an AP out to wedding couples. I think more specifically I am wondering how the DDP would work. Do we need to purchase a one day park ticket to get this? If not how much does the regular plan go for and how much is the deluxe? Thanks guys!

If you're looking to get a package, yes, you need to get a one day ticket and pay rack rates for the room. If you've already got the room, you can just add-on dining. I think it's close to $40 per day for the regular, close to $70 for the deluxe, and they also have a quick service plan that's only about $30. Those are per day, per person! I forget the actual amounts, I have no interest in the DDP so those numbers go in one ear and out the other when they start yapping about it.

Do they still comp a night's stay for the wedding couple? I wonder if you'll still get the watches as a gift.

Interesting they do an AP now, I'm guessing it's "cheaper" since it's basically free for them.

Bethanymouse
10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
If you're looking to get a package, yes, you need to get a one day ticket and pay rack rates for the room. If you've already got the room, you can just add-on dining. I think it's close to $40 per day for the regular, close to $70 for the deluxe, and they also have a quick service plan that's only about $30. Those are per day, per person! I forget the actual amounts, I have no interest in the DDP so those numbers go in one ear and out the other when they start yapping about it.

Do they still comp a night's stay for the wedding couple? I wonder if you'll still get the watches as a gift.

Interesting they do an AP now, I'm guessing it's "cheaper" since it's basically free for them.

Thanks for your help on this. We are still deciding what dining plan (if any) to go with. Dining is a big part of our vacation so I would like to be on one of the plans, but not sure whether or not we need the big one besides the entertainment value(boat rentals etc.)

They do an AP, which marketing wise is very smart. It costs them nothing and they are hooking people into coming back over and over again. And most newlyweds dont have children so they can frequently take trips whenever they want, making WDW more money along the way for hotels, food, etc.

I believe that they still give the watches but I am not sure, we have not heard anything from disney on that, just from other wedding couples. They still do comp a night for your first night married if you fulfill your room block requirements for your wedding.