PDA

View Full Version : Our memorable, magical trip Part 2

trudisneygal
09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Sat. 9/6 (continued and our official first day) From St. Augustine, it's only about 3 hours to go. Soon we started seeing signs of getting closer, and then around 1:30pm or so, we were finally coming through Orlando and going under the official Walt Disney World property arch! We had made it! We headed for POR, (we had stayed there once before 2 years ago for our anniversary and fell in love with it!) our Disney "home" for the next week. As we were checking in, DH mentioned that we would like to request to stay in one of the mansion buildings with a river view, (we had last time we were there and thought our room was perfect). The CM checking us in was very friendly, was happy to call to ask if one of those rooms were available. She said we were all set, and as she showed us which building we were in, we both told her that was the same building we were in last time, and that was wonderful! As we pulled around, DH said that the room number was familiar...and low and behold it was the EXACT same room we had before! We were so happy! And so tired! We decided to take a little rest before heading out to MK (which is a must do for us on our first afternoon there!) and even though it took me a little longer than DH to close my eyes... after all, I was in my favorite place with my favorite person...I finally got in a nap.
Feeling a little more refreshed after a rest, we couldn't stand it any longer, and headed out, arriving at MK around 5pm. We were thrilled to find it decorated for fall with lovely banners, pumpkins, and arrangements everywhere! Looking down Main Street was enchanting! They had tons of pumpkins everywhere, all carved differently, and the air seemed to smell like caramel to me. The sight of the Castle made it all the more wonderful of course. When we got up to the castle stage, they were just starting the Dream Along with Mickey and Friends show, so we stayed and watched before heading over to Adventureland to ride our first ride PotC. After that, we took in HM, and by then it was time for dinner, so we decided to eat at our favorite QS restaurant Columbia Harbor House. We sat upstairs (which is a very nice break from the crowds), and enjoyed a great first dinner. Then it was off to Fantasyland to ride Snow White's Scary Adventures, and watch our favorite 3d show, Mickey's Philharmagic! We then headed over to Tomorrowland to ride SM, but found that it was shut down for a bit, so a CM offered us some FPs for later, and we decided to jump on the TTA (always affectionately called by me the Peoplemover) and while on the TTA we got to see SM with the lights on, a first for both of us! We stayed on TTA to get a little video of SM with the lights on to show friends and family back home. Went over to CoP, which is another favorite, and then back to SM, which was finally back open, and we were so glad we had FPs! We walked past the standby line, which was about 30 mins, and although we were kinda hoping the lights would still be on when we rode, they were now off, and things seemed to be back to normal. We headed back towards Adventureland to get a Dole Whip before Wishes as going to begin. We usually try to get a spot closer to the Castle, but decided to try something different, and found a place right around the flagpole at the beginning of Main Street, closer to the exit. It was a great spot to watch the show, and the perfect ending to our magical first day there!

Part 3 coming soon!

faline
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
How funny you go the exact same room you had before! Never had that happen before!

Despite just arriving, you got in lots of park time!

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the getting the same room club! We had the exact same room at the Poly 3 times in a row!! True story. It is officially our room now. My DH loves the room, and thinks we can just "get it" next time too. Oh boy. Is he going to be surprised when we most likely don't! Thanks for sharing a great first day in the World.

Lizzie
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for sharing about your first day. Thats great that you got the same room. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

Mackflava99
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for sharing, nice report!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2008, 11:14 AM
That's cool about the room, thanks for the report

pdrlkr
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
How funny that you got the same exact room! Thanks for sharing, sounds like you are off to a great start.

mickey&missy
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
That's crazy that you got the exact same room without even asking for it! Sounds like a magical first day!