PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Packing Tips

Going2HeavenRU
09-29-2008, 07:31 PM
We just returned from WDW a week ago and I thought I would post some of the items that I packed specifically because I read about them on the Intercot boards. Hopefully, these suggestions will help future travelers like they helped me. We took a lot more stuff but these turned out to be surprisingly helpful.These are not in any particular order.
--
1. ibprofen for my aches and pains at night (tough being old)
2. a memo book (5x3). Before we left, I went to Intercot and found the park hours for each park, notated which park had EMH on which day and the show/parade/fireworks times. In the memo book, I used one page for each day we were in Disney and entered the times for each park and our ADR confirmation numbers, TS locations and times. It was a lot easier than looking at a schedule for each park every day particularly with MK closing early some days for MNSSH which meant SpectroMagic and Wishes were not running.
3. extra pair of shoes! It didn't rain but boy was it nice to change into another pair of shoes halfway through the week when my feet started getting a little sore. The second pair fit my feet a little differently which stopped any rubbing in places that I wasn't expecting with the pair I had intended to wear all week.
4. small can of lysol. Yes the smaller can costs as much or more than a regular size but it is easier to carry. After eating the big TS meals with the DDP, it was really needed.

faline
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
4. small can of lysol. Yes the smaller can costs as much or more than a regular size but it is easier to carry. After eating the big TS meals with the DDP, it was really needed.

I'm confused...And what did you do with the can of Lysol?

pwdebbie
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm confused...And what did you do with the can of Lysol?

She probably used it for two purposes (at least this is how I use it) -- air freshener and surface sanitizer. I don't like the fact that after you use the toilet you have to touch a doorknob before you can wash your hands. So I spray doorknobs wherever I stay. I also spray the toilet flush handle, the light switches, the floor, the countertop at the sink, the sink handles . . .

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

thumperbug
09-29-2008, 09:49 PM
I think we all know what the can of lysol was for ;)and as for any folks who might be using the facilites after you....we thank you.

Belster
09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
I always have a small can in my diaper bag. One can never be too clean. :thumbsup:

Tink#64
09-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I also like to have all the pertinent park info beforehand park hours, parade times, andy adr's etc. so I make index cards, one for each park that I put in my pack & it's a quick easy reference. :write:

We too carry air freshner, I prefer oust for the bathroom - I have 3 guys! :blush: I also carry hand sanitizer, I have the tiny bottles that I can hook on my pack!

Another great thing to pack, I found the idea here on Intercot, is one of the over the door shoe holders. It's a great way to store & easily find all of your toiletries, makeup, toothpaste, any medicine, deodorant, etc.

I also carry a snack size baggie in my pack with Tylenol, Ibuprophen, Immodium and don't forget the bandaids! :thumbsup:

I like to print out the transportation section on Infocentral to have info handy for using the boats as transportation. We haven't used the boats enough to be familiar with the routes. Having this info with us has proven invaluable! :rocks:

teambricker04
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I always have a small can in my diaper bag. One can never be too clean. :thumbsup:

I never thought to do this! I am going to have to go get a can!!!

When we were down this summer we used the following:
1) Sent a box down ahead of time with diapers, food, and fun stuff for the kids. Totally worth the money!!!

2) Used an over the door shoe holder in the bathroom for toiletries. It was nice to be organized!

3) Packed using travel space saver bags. When we repacked to come home our dirty/wet clothes didn't get all mixed up with the clean.

4) I am very particular about knowing all my park times, EMH, and resturants. I made excel spreadsheets and my DH downloaded them onto his fancy phone. We had everything right at our fingertips. I didn't eat burgers every single meal and we could plan which parks when so quickly!!!

I love reading packing tips. :mickey:

3AMommy
09-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I received so many great tips from Intercot!!

:rocks:

We also shipped down a couple of boxes before our trip and it worked out great. We sent juice boxes, snacks, and breakfast foods. That way when we got up while everyone was showering a getting ready the kids were eating breakfast. Saved time and money!

We also bought glow sticks at the dollar store before we went and handed them out to the kids each night as it got dark...$$$ saver!!!

We packed each child's outfits for each day in individual baggies. That way each kid could grab a bag and I knew that they would have clean underwear, socks and matching clothes. Then I didn't have so much to do in the mornings.

Bubbles!!! Whenever the baby got fussy we found a shady spot and blew some bubbles. We always ended up with a small crowd of children around us catching and chasing the bubbles. Great stress reducer! Who can be angry watching children laugh and play with bubbles?

And lastly, ID tags for my kids. I have never lost track of my children and they always stay close to me. So I thought this was a good idea that I wouldn't need. However, I was proven wrong at least twice during our trip. It isn't so much that your kids will wander off it is that they might get "cut off" by other foot traffic. It only takes a second for them to feel lost. It was nice to have those ID's just for peace of mind!!

3AMommy

PlutoPlanet
09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
We stay in a DVC room with a freezer when we visit, so I pack extra washcloths and sandwich bags. The night before going to the park, I wet the washcloth, fold it in a sandwich bag, and then freeze it overnight. The next morning I carry the "block of ice" with me to park in a fanny pack. Even in August, the washcloth stays frozen for 3 hours. So, anytime I feel hot, I apply the "block of ice" to my forehead or behind my neck.