PDA

View Full Version : The Better Late Then Never Trip Report Part 4!

Daisy'sDude615
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
09/10/08- Once again, time to get up early so we could make it to Animal Kingdom for the opening. My friend and I went straight to Expidition Everest. The other two stayed off b/c that ride is not their cup of tea. After that we went to Dinosaur. The girl we went with seemed to be a little bit unsure of this ride. Lets just say I am pretty sure that I saw tears. LOL. We saw the parade, rode more rides, saw the characters, and ate.

It was so ice out all day. The sun was shining and it was hot. So with 4 hours left before dinner we decided to go on the Kali River Rapids thinking that if we got wet we would dry. The first time that we went on I got just a little bit wet. We decided why not go on again, but this time we al walked off soaked!!! That's ok...we had time to dry!

As we were walking to the Safari, the weather decided to take a turn. It started raining. None of us had ponchos, so we just got more wet. On a much better note we did get to see a lot of animals. I think that it is probably the most that I have ever seen.

My friend and I decided that we were going to split up again with the other two so we could ride everest and dinosaur again. We then triend calling the lady that we work with to see if she wanted to meet us, but due to lightning we were not able to ride it again. Oh well. We then at least had time to go back to the hotel room and get out of our wet clothes.

Our reservations for the night were at the Maya Grill. Our waiter was very nice, and of course the food was great. I really like the dining plan! It is so nice to be able to order things that you never would have before.

Once again we went to DTD and did some shopping. My friend made a light saber and got his exclusive pin. We decided that we would go DTD most nights cause the parks were not open late. We figured that we could just do a little bit at a time down there.

Lizzie
09-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the report.

laward32
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
You just thought you had a plan with KRR!! LOL! Glad you had time to go back to the hotel and change. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
09-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Maya Grill! Very yummy! A real hidden gem!

Another nice day for you and your group!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry about the rain, thanks for the report

pdrlkr
09-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Did you dry in time for dinner?? Thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
10-01-2008, 06:41 PM
At least you were already wet when it started to rain!

yjgirl32
10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
AK is my favorite park- I love animals- i'm actually hoping it rains the day we go there next year just so I can see a lot of animals. Thanks again for sharing.

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 01:10 PM
That usually happens to us too - dry on the 1st Kali expedition, drenched on the second!
We decided that we would go DTD most nights cause the parks were not open late. We figured that we could just do a little bit at a time down there.
Good plan - all that shopping can be overwhelming! Nice Day! :mickey: