PDA

View Full Version : DDP question...

LandFan
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I've been lucky enough to be down during free dining twice before, but I have an unusual question that I haven't encountered before...

This Thanksgiving, DH and I will be getting the dining plan for our stay. One of our friends from the area will be visiting us one night and we wanted to pay for their meal using one of our TS credits. We will probably have an extra credit due to the fact that we split meals occasionally. Is it a problem to use 3 TS credits during one meal if there are only two of us in the room? I wouldn't think so (since we've paid for X amount of TS) but I'd like to be sure so we don't have any surprises :D

AuntDJ
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Actually, there should be a problem. I guess you never know for sure until you try, but here is my experience.

You key to the World will have the number of adults in your room (the number paid for the DDP). This is the max number will be able to use at any ONE time. For example, I took my niece (who is 7) at any one time, I could only purchase one child and one adult meal. They knew as this was on my key card. On the last evening, I tried to purchase a large pizza and since I only had 2 child's meals left, it would not cover the large pizza.

I think any "work around" would be easier with a Counter Service vs. a Table....of course, Intercot would never endorse a "work around" so I won't either!

Sorry,
DJ

vicster
09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't think there should be a problem. You have two people for x number of days which would give you x total amount of TS credits. You don't have to use 2 TS every day. You can use 4 a day if you want - it just subtracts from your total # of TS credits.

Figment!
09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry, but it is not permitted to use Dining Plan credits for those not vacationing on the credit holder's package.

The Disney Dining Plan literature and brochures are very clear on this matter.

From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Are there restrictions on how I can redeem my credits?

A: The following are currently restrictions on credit redemption:

Child Credits can only be redeemed for Child Meals where available.
Credits may not be redeemed for Guests not vacationing on the credit holder's Magic My Way Package.

LandFan
09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Got it, thanks!