PDA

View Full Version : The Best Counter Service

Belster
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I was wondering what hotel offers the best counter service meal in your opinion?

My DM and my DD11 will be spending a relaxing day at the hotel while my DH and I go to Universal, they would like to venture away from the Pop and try something new for a counter service credit.

KatMark
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Will they have a car? Buses don't go from resort to resort. They'd have to take a bus to one of the parks and then get on that particular resort bus. We stay at the Coronado every year and they probably have the best selection for counter service at the Pepper Market. You can get a ribeye steak as a counter service meal at lunch or dinner.

Tink#64
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
If they don't have access to a car, they could ride the bus to DTD for a meal & some shopping! Cool place to spend a few hours! We enjoy trying new dining experiences at a different resort each trip, but these are always TS rather than CS. They can always take the bus from Pop to the closest park and catch the bus there to the resort they'd like to visit. I'm sorry, I'm not famaliar with any CS's that I'd be really interested in trying at other resorts, other than Beaches & Cream for their "Kitchen Sink" which I don't think really qualifies as a meal! :blush: :funny:

Belster
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
You are right I forgot that the buses wont go from resort to resort.

Well, I guess I will have to leave great directions as to how to use the bus system.

Belster
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I think that DTD would be the best bet. So any CS choices that anyone would recommend?

SpecJoe Magic
09-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Two of my favorite counter service restaurants at WDW, Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express, are at DTD. It's a short bus ride from POP to DTD.

DDuck66
09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Wolfgang Puck Express is a must do. Great food and really affordable eating for WDW. Also, the new T-Rex is getting ready to open but that would be a TS, but it is not taking reservations this year, so you could walk up.

PetefromRI
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
The Pepper Market on the DDP is the best deal in town.The ribeye steak for a QS is unbeatable.My second choice would be the FlameTree Barbecue in the AK.Great ribs!

ThanxForNoticin
09-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Best resort CS? Our 2 favorites are Pepper Market at CSR and Mara at AKL.

KathyMO
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Will they have a car? Buses don't go from resort to resort. They'd have to take a bus to one of the parks and then get on that particular resort bus. We stay at the Coronado every year and they probably have the best selection for counter service at the Pepper Market. You can get a ribeye steak as a counter service meal at lunch or dinner.

Another vote for the Pepper Market. :eat: Great food and great value if you're on the DDP.

LandFan
09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
We love the Mara at AKL - great african stew in a bread bowl. (Hop the bus to AK, then one to AKL) They can then also watch the animals and explore this great resort!!

As for DTD, we love Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang puck express too!

Aggie97
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Earl of Sandwich at DTD is one of our favorite CS options.

If your mother and daughter wanted to spend a little time resort hopping, they could take the bus from Pop to the MK and then take either the resort monorail or boat to the Polynesian. At the Polynesian, Captain Cook's is another favorite CS option -- we love their flatbreads and sandwiches. After lunch they can take the monorail to visit the GF and Contemporary, too. All three of these resorts are really fun to walk around and have some great shopping! :mickey: