09-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Dates Sept 20-26 POP Century
Cast
Me (Trish) 36
Mom (Claire) over 60 but doesn't act it
DD (Sammy) 3
DD (Alex) 20 months
FREE DINING

The girls slept until about 8/8:30 after the exhaustion of the MNSSHP. We were good with that! We got ready quickly, breakfasts in the room of yogurt and grapes and onto Animal Kingdom. I always seem to get lost in there... and I find the paths very narrow and hilly, which I dont mind walking, but pushing a sit and stand stroller is exhausting! We really wanted the girls to see the bird show and Lion King so we did those first and were right on time with great seating for both. After Lion King, we walked across the way and Pocahantas was starting ... SRO... but it is a short show, and they love her... so we stayed and watched... it was a very cute show and the girls liked the animals. We then decided we were starving and went off to the Flame tree. The line was very long and slow... Mom took the girls off to get a seat and I stayed to order... It literally took over 30 minutes to get through the line... and by the time I found Mom and the girls, Sammy was hysterical thinking I had gotten lost! So we calmed her down... Mom had the ribs and I had the bbq ckn salad and we shared them both... It was very tasty. The girls enjoyed their lunches and the frozen lemonade. After we hit the safari and saw baby elephants and girtaffes then It's tough to be a bug... Sam and Alex were less than thrilled with this one... they didn't cry... but they wern't happy. After we ran to catch Nemo... but we were about 1 minute late and the doors had just shut. It was ok tho, because in the run over Alex had fallen asleep in the stroller... So Mom found a shady spot to sit with her and I took Sam on the Triceratop Spin... after I took Sam into the playground... Is it "Honey I shrunk the kids?" I am not sure... I did NOT like this... Sam climbed up and up... and I couldnt see her... so I had to climb up the roipes... ebcause I couldn't find the stairs... finally I found her and she slid down the slide... and I had to run down the stairs (finally found them) all the while yelling to Sam to stay put... then she wanted to climb in the caves... and wanted to find the top to another slide... I went to find it, thinking she was right with me, and I looked down and she was gone. I panicked! I yelled, and looked around and didn't find her... finally I started heading toward the entrance and found her standing and crying with another Mother. I thanked the mother profusely and Sammy was very upset at me for getting lost. "Mommy why did you get lost? I told you to stay with me!" It was probably a total of a minute that I couldn't find her... but it was a terrible minute! I was proud of her for finding another Mommy and staying put! I heard someone say... "Why are you worried there is only one way in and one wayout..." well that may be true... but the CM at the entrance/exit was chatting away with someone, and I am sure would not have looked down to see if Sam walked out on her own!... We wont be going back in THERE anytime soon!

By now it was close to 4 and we had reservations at Boma at 5pm so we started to head out... of course got caught in the parade crowd... but made our way out and onto the AKL bus. We got in gave our name and were seated pretty soon. We had a seat by the window that had 2 chairs and then a booth seat.. this worked out well for the girls because they could stand on the booth seat and look out the window to the AKL pool... We had a few drinks and yummy dinner... I LOVE FUFU.. or FRU FRU...whatever it is called... Sam ate some mac and cheese and both girls got the souvenir cup with the light up tinkerbells. The waiter had made a mistake and charged us for Sam... (She turns 3 in Oct).. but he quickly took it off the bill. The desserts were delish, LOVED the choc mousse, and the zebra domes were great too. After this we headed back to the room... decided it had been a long day and after being out so late with the party the night before... we could go to bed early again. So the kids fell asleep by 8 pm... Mom and I took turns getting stuff ready for tomorrow and going off to Everything Pop to walk around.

Tomorrow... MK and Claire's surprise birthday dinner at Coral Reef!

Lizzie
09-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like another great day. And Flame tree always seems so busy its crazy.

RedSoxFan
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Great day. I love the zebra domes at Boma's.

faline
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Sorry for the playground scare - I think that's the Boneyard at Animal Kingdom. The rest of the day sound really fun especially your yummy dinner!

Meerkat
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
A good day overall. Losing track of a child can be scary. Glad it worked out okay this time.

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Losing your little one for even a minute feels like an eternity. What an awful feeling. I believe you are speaking of the Boneyard in Dinoland.
Thanks for sharing your terrific day and your terrific meal at Boma's!

laward32
09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Glad you found her before she walked out. Very scary! All in all a great day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm sure losing your child was terrifying even if for a minute

pdrlkr
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Sound like you all enjoyed the AK! Even with you getting "lost" twice! Dinner sounds like a really good time.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Those playgrounds are scary! Glad that everything was ok. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Yep, that Dinoland play area can be hard to keep track of the little ones - I remember!

I cannot believe you had to wait 30 minutes for Flametree - that's crazy. Thank goodness you didn't get lost, Mommy! How cute!

I can only imagine how pooped the girls were at the end of the day - but it sure sounds like it was a good one! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

January-2007
10-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for reporting.

TBY2225
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I am enjoying your trip reports! I agree with the AK playground called the Boneyard. My son actually lost his glasses on it. I don't know how because all he did was go down one slide! I got scared that I couldn't see him so we left. 10 minutes later I noticed his glasses missing and my DH searched for almost an hour. We never did find them!

dolphinmickey9170
10-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry for the little scare, I'm glad all worked out. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizNee143
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
sounds like a great day at AK..except for the minute of seperation..glad all was well and you found her quickly!..off to read more! :mickey:

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Excellent report- thanks for sharing- !! its sad Pocohabtas' show is gone now