PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - Any questions?

Figment78
09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all my intercotees who helped me plan our most recent trip to WDW. It was one of the best we've ever had! :thumbsup:

So if anyone has any questions about the Boardwalk (hotel or otherwise), Blizzard Beach, walking to DHS, Toy Story Mania, Cali Grill, Jiko, Citricos, fastpasses, etc etc etc - I'd love to return the favor so ask away!

I'm in the throes of the Just-Got-Back-from-Disney-Blues... I don't know what I would do without Intercot to help with the withdrawal.

Trip report forthcoming....

danicafan
09-28-2008, 08:45 AM
How were the Extra Magic Evening Hours withoutthe wristbands? Is it getting any better? How are the cast members checking id cards? I am just hoping they get it all straightened out before our trip in January. I am hoping there aren't a lot of people in there that shouldn't be!!

Figment78
09-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Great question! I was especially conscious of this because of all the controversy. We were there for 3 nights of evening Extra Magic Hours - at DHS, MK, and Epcot and we had NO problems at all.

What appears to be happening is this. The lines are a tad longer at the beginning of the queue because there is a cast member standing there with a flashlight who physically takes your card, looks at the end date, and gives it back to you. It did not take them long at all, and if you think about it, how hard is it to check if the date is after that days date? Anyhow, in many cases there was a second cast member at the front of the line, walking by the guests telling them to have their card keys out and ready. This eliminated a lot of waiting for people to get their cards out and/or getting to the cast member checking cards and then learning they couldn't ride after all. SO - it boiled down to this. It LOOKED like it was a longer line, because there was sort of a line before you got in line, but it really wasn't a longer wait at all. Things ran very smoothly - in our experience.

And yes, the cast members were checking the cards, not just glancing at them.

Hope this helps!

7swans
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Which of the big three resturants you named was your favorite? & did you take any food pictures?!!

KAT1811
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
How was the walk to DHS? I was thinking about walking over to Beaches & Cream at the
BC with the family while we are visiting DHS but was unsure of the walk. I remember the boat taking forever so I thought walking may not be too bad but wanted to get some feedback.

Glad to hear you had such a great trip!!!

Figment78
09-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Of the three, I have to say that California Grill was my favorite. I should also let you know that I went into that dinner with a very judgemental attitude. We had gone there before, to the lounge for drinks and to see the MK from that viewpoint and was not overly impressed. Also, it is such a "fan favorite" that I was worried it was over-hyped. However, I needn't have worried. This trip, we had dinner and my pork tenderloin came with a goat cheese polenta that was absolutely to die for! Also, the wait staff was out of this world. Our server and the one serving the table next to ours were so attentive and friendly. They must have a very very high ratio of servers to diners, because they had long long conversations with us and were constantly getting us anything we needed. In addition, the view at sunset (when we were there), gave us a great opportunity to see a lot of the property. We didn't go back for Wishes b/c we were meeting friends later, but we did go out on the observation deck before we left.

However, I also loved the atmosphere of both Citricos and Jiko. My DH had the coffee braised short ribs at Jiko and that was probably the most delicious thing I've ever tasted in my life, even better than my prior meal at Cali Grill. We had been to Jiko previously as well, and this time was also much better. I enjoyed the much reviewed filet and mac & cheese. Very good wine. Citricos service was also fantastic and I had really good coffee after dinner while my DH had the Lemon cheese cake. I'm very very picky about my cheesecake and this was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Unfortunately I did not take any food pictures. I did take one of the BLT DVC building under construction though and will post that when I get a chance.

Figment78
09-28-2008, 04:26 PM
The walk to DHS was okay. Particularly from the Boardwalk (as opposed to the Beach Club or Yacht Club). It was just me and DH and we walked at a "pretty good clip" on the way there - taking us about 15 minutes. On the way back, we were running late, so we actually speed walked and made it to Spoodles on the boardwalk in about 10 minutes. From DHS to Beaches & Cream would take longer.

That being said, I don't think I would push my 2 yr old in his stroller when we go next time IF the boat is sitting at the Boardwalk dock. We took the boat one morning to DHS because it was right at the dock and it took roughly the same time it would have taken to walk.

angelat
09-29-2008, 01:04 PM
I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all my intercotees who helped me plan our most recent trip to WDW. It was one of the best we've ever had! :thumbsup:

So if anyone has any questions about the Boardwalk (hotel or otherwise), Blizzard Beach, walking to DHS, Toy Story Mania, Cali Grill, Jiko, Citricos, fastpasses, etc etc etc - I'd love to return the favor so ask away!

I'm in the throes of the Just-Got-Back-from-Disney-Blues... I don't know what I would do without Intercot to help with the withdrawal.

Trip report forthcoming....

We are planning on going this time next year. I am just wondering how the weather and crowds were...did it rain every day? was it hot and humid?

Belle1217
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I would also love to go around this time of year. My daughter wants to go so bad for her B-Day which is 9/26 but I just don't think I could do the heat. So I am wondering about the weather also. Temps and humidity. If it's not so bad I may go one year. Also I have heard alot about Love Bugs (i think thats what they are called) how were they?

KAT1811
09-30-2008, 02:16 PM
I would also love to go around this time of year. My daughter wants to go so bad for her B-Day which is 9/26 but I just don't think I could do the heat. So I am wondering about the weather also. Temps and humidity. If it's not so bad I may go one year. Also I have heard alot about Love Bugs (i think thats what they are called) how were they?

As we usually travel in September the heat is intense. High 80s - 90s and very high humidity. Our next vacation will be in November and I am really looking forward to the cooler weather. September is great for the low crowds but the heat is crazy, it hits you like a hot, wet balnket as soon as you open the hotel room door. If the heat bothers you it is probably not the time of the year to go.

On the bright side we have never had any trouble with love bugs!

kathiep
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
We checked out on 9/26 and the love bugs were almost non-existant this year.