PDA

View Full Version : First Mother/Daughter Trip Report - Day Two with Pictures

poeticeclipse
09-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Day Two!

Welcome back!

You know that feeling after a great nights sleep? Where you just feel ready for the day ahead of you? Yeah, that was us on day two. It was time to conquer the World. Two ladies out for adventure. And, what better place than Animal Kingdom?

EMHM was our friend on this whole trip. We're early birds and we don't mind getting out super early just to be at a turnstile when the park opens. We were let in to AK about 15 minutes before 8 and then stopped at the rope. Once the opening show ended, we BRISKLY walked and weaved our way back up to the front. There was quite a line in front of us when we got to the park, but thanks to expert weaving, we ended up 5th and 6th into the queue at Safari. KS is one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW. It really shows how Disney can pull out all of the stops to make a picture perfect ride suitable for all ages. Just brilliant in my opinion. We had moderate luck as far as animals being out. Rhinos were abundant as was the male lion. Not much luck with the cheetahs though. Never the easiest animal to catch.

Once done with KS, we headed over to EE to check out the wait times. Mom went off and looked in the EE shop while I headed for the single rider line. And what do ya know, it was a walk on for single rider! I rode with a young boy that was riding EE for the very first time. What a cutie! I told his parents that i'd keep an eye on him and talk him through it. They were quite appreciative of that. It was really my pleasure. He closed his eyes through most of it and got off the ride relieved that it was over. haha. I snapped a shot of the picture. You can barely see the kid but I sure looked as though I was enjoying myself. DM was still looking around and wanted to take pictures of the EE cars coming down the hill so I went back in the single rider line again. The CMs laughed and said "love it that much?" I replied, "YES!" The second ride, I rode with an older gentleman who was also by himself. He was riding the ride over and over trying to find hidden mickeys. He pointed out a few to me during the ride. :) Love meeting people like that!! Might as well admit to it now... I rode EE for a third time. This was ONLY because mom wanted to try and take a picture of me coming down the hill. I was more than happy to ride again, though. haha. This time I rode with an older gentleman who was with his friends. None of them had been on EE before and they were trying to determine if one of their grandsons would be able to brave it later on in the day. After the ride, they looked at me and said "uhh, you've done this 3 times? WOW!" Really, it's not a bad coaster at all. I'm used to Cedar Point crazy coasters and while EE is above and beyond as far as theming goes... it's "thrill" level isn't nuts or anything. Three rides was my limit though. I started to get a headache as soon as I was hopping out of the ride vehicle. Glad mom actually got a shot of me coming down that hill waving. :)

Time to head over to Nemo the Musical. Now, THIS was a BIG DEAL for DM and I. I'd seen the show once on my honeymoon and missed it on my anniversary trip this past May. We're theater people but we are not hard to please. Mom kept saying "I just don't know how thi sis going to top The Little Mermaid at the Studios." I just shook my head and said "ohh, you wait." Sure enough, she LOVED it. So so so much. She kept saying, "We're going to see that again!" I still get so choked up at the end. These performers put so much into each show. I always feel so warm and cozy when the performance is done. Too bad I forgot to buy the soundtrack when I was there! I'll have to look for it on Ebay or something.

For the first time ever, I got to see someone that i've been waiting to see for years... Devine! I think I took about 40 pictures of her. From all angles. Snap snap snap, shot shot shot. She's just so beautiful! I WANT HER JOB!

Mom and I went over to Camp Minnie Mickey to catch Festival of the Lion King because my friend Jen's boyfriend was performing that day. He was pretty easy to spot... tall and handsome. haha! After the show, it was pretty hot and we wanted to go back to the hotel for a swim. It was 90's the whole time we were there so taking a break was totally needed. Mom and I hung out for a bit in the Jamaica pool and then walked down to the beach and took some pictures. Didn't stay out too long because I was itching to get back into the parks.

We hit up MK and I went on Space Mountain right away and then we went over to Frontierland and I went on BTMR twice because it was a walk on! Mom looked around in some nearby shops while she waited for me. We walked over and got mom her first dole whip. I'm a dole whip FREAK and I was hoping I could mom jump on the dole whip train. Well, it WORKED! She totally gets why I talk about them so much now. The sweet pineapple mixed with the smooth ice cream... what a combo. The CM was a sweetheart that gave us the dole whip. I told her that i'd gain a ton of weight if I worked at Aloha Isle. She said that at first she was stoked to be working there because she felt like it was kind of an honor since dole whips are hard to come by, but then, she went home and even after showering, she still smells like pineapple. haha! I told her that it could be worse, she could work at Spaceship Earth and go home smelling like Rome burning. Luckily, she got my joke. :) Mom and I hit up Pirates and guess what? Davy Jones wasn't working! Bummed me out! It wasn't working back in May when DH and I went and I was hoping that mom would get to at least see him. Oh well... better luck next time.

It was time for us to head over to Epcot on the monorail because we had an 8:45 p.m. ADR for Teppan Edo. Mom and I walked around the World Showcase for quite a while. Totally hungry. Next time, I don't think i'll take an 8:45 ADR no matter how bad I want to eat at a certain place. It was just an uncomfortable thing to eat so late. No matter, we really liked Teppan Edo. Had a bit of a wait to get seated but once we did, things moved along. The only down side was that we were seated with some real duds. A family of foreigners that didn't understand a thing and an older couple that didn't seem too into it. I'll post a full dining review here soon.

Mom and I called it a night after dinner. Epcot was closed anyways so there was nothing to do. A good nights sleep was needed since we did lots of travel that day. 3 parks in one day is quite the work out! :) Can't wait to tell you guys about day three!!

Here's the link to day two's pictures...
http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Mother%20Daughter%202008/Day%202/

Stay tuned for day three!

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Stacey, you and your Mom are so cute!

You sure had a busy fun day! Thanks for sharing and all the great pics! I did 3 parks in one day and I know its no small feat but with the right company - totally a great time and worth all the running around :mickey:

the other micki
09-28-2008, 12:10 AM
I've enjoyed reading both of your reports! Keep them coming!

MIKESMOM
09-28-2008, 06:33 AM
Great report. Thanks for including photos.

mouseketeer mom
09-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Great report! I have never caught Devine yet...altho I try every time. Thanks for sharing!

tinkerbell04
09-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Love the pics! I guess you guys have to get up early to get that much into one day! Sounds like it was great! Thanks for sharing.

RedSoxFan
09-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Sounds like you had a great day. I can't wait to ride EE for the first time in October. Nice pictures too.

Lizzie
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Great report. Sounds like a fun really full day.

laward32
09-28-2008, 12:28 PM
You got a lot done in one day. I bet you were exhausted. Sounded like a great day. Loved your pics. I have never gotten to see Divine, maybe next trip. Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

mickey&missy
09-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for sharing! I love all your pictures especially the pics of Divine!! We saw her last trip but there were soooooo many people around I couldn't take any pics!

Can't wait to read more!

faline
09-28-2008, 03:47 PM
What a busy day you had! You covered lots of ground hitting three parks in one day!

January-2007
09-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks for reporting.

Mackflava99
09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Excellent report- thanks!

yjgirl32
09-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Great review- as always. Glad to hear you are having such a great trip with your mom. Can't wait to read more.

Mrs. Bee
09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I didn't know Devine was hard for people to find, or whatever. We went to AK on two separate days and saw her both times. But the first Devine we saw was much better, IMO.

Here she is....I thought she just looked more exotic....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/JaneJetson06/WDW%202008/DSC06121.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/JaneJetson06/WDW%202008/DSC06120.jpg

iheartmickey
09-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Another great day!! Sounds like so much fun! I love the pictures ... the one of you coming down the hill of EE is great.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
09-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I didn't know Devine was hard for people to find, or whatever. We went to AK on two separate days and saw her both times. But the first Devine we saw was much better, IMO.

Here she is....I thought she just looked more exotic....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/JaneJetson06/WDW%202008/DSC06121.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/JaneJetson06/WDW%202008/DSC06120.jpg

I never spend enough time at AK to catch her. I always walk by the spot that she's known to be at but.. I never see her. I finally got lucky :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you had a blast at AK

pdrlkr
09-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: