PDA

View Full Version : Shoes when it rains......

Sunshine1010
09-27-2008, 10:52 PM
How do you get your shoes dry if you get caught in the rain at Disney. I've heard that if you put newspaper in your shoes that night, that they will be dry....but I've tried that and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
blow dryer?

disneygeek84
09-27-2008, 10:58 PM
My advice depends on if you're driving or not. If you're driving, I would take a small fan and just put them in front of that at night to get them dry by morning.

On our trip a few weeks ago we took a small fan because I have to have white noise going when I sleep (helps to drown out people outside talking, too) and we got caught in a downpour so my shoes were soaked so that night I put them in front of the fan and they were pretty much dry by morning. They were just slightly damp so my DH dried them the rest of the way with the hairdryer (which was only about 5 minutes). My mom has also taken a space heater with a fan in it too to use for noise, but that works great for drying out shoes, too, when set on the heater setting (Of course, when that was the case we were in the room and in the middle of the afternoon with everyone awake, so it wasn't left unattended).

DizneyRox
09-27-2008, 11:27 PM
I wear Teva's in the parks. They are usually dry before I'm off the next ride. Used to wear sneakers, many times I didn't bother to bring them back home. Wet, sweat soaked shoes tend to be non-recoverable.

coloradowendyl
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Crocs...swear by them in the parks

Croc flipflops are my choice of footwear especially for wet weather

Teens on other hand...wet tennis shoes went into dryer at resort with a few towels and my hubby's shoulder keeping door from popping open. Takes a while to get wet out of size 13 mens leather tennis shoes lol..approx. $4 of quarters and 2 beers for the man guarding the dryer lol!

Wendy

Sunshine1010
09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I wear crocs....but my husband and son don't. Sometimes, when it's cold, I'll wear my tennis shoes.

One puddle....and we'll be done for. I'm all for spending money on a DRY pair of shoes/socks.

he he!!!!!

jrkcr
09-28-2008, 02:43 PM
You can buy electric shoe dryers for one pair of shoes,around 30$. Most are foldable, use regular 110 volt and also some have 12 volt plugs, they have timers, and drying times are from 2 hours to 10 hours.
I have no experience with these, and can't recommend any brand. But some web sites should offer user reviews on them.
I know a bit about them cause I plan to buy a bigger family sized unit that can dry 5 pairs at once.

teambricker04
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I have banished crocs from my house! I stepped on something and it went through the sole and into my foot where it broke off and now resides for the rest of my life. I do miss them though...

Okay, back on topic I have been wearing Keens to the parks lately. Like Tevas, but with a toe (Obviously I have foot issues!!!) so I can't stub them. My kids and DH always wear tennis shoes. Our last trip was a wet one!!! I took out the shoe liners at night to dry and in the morning if the shoes weren't totally dry I used the blow dryer on them. It worked well and quick! (The boys are little with small feet!)

Belster
09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Crocks for me and my family of 9 going in 2 weeks!

Enjoy your trip.

Tink#64
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
We too wear Crocs! Wore them to DTD this year while it was raining as we didn't want our tennis shoes to be wet for the rest of the trip. The next morning still a light rain so we wore the crocs again to Epcot! We usually wear tennis shoes unless we know we're going to end up with wet feet. Crocs also a good choice for when you know feet are going to get wet on, such as Kali River Rapids at AK! We have gotten caught in the rain with tennis shoes on, but lucky for us, they've always been dry in the morning, but if not we always have crocs or sandals as a back up! :thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
We always bring 2 pair of sneakers a piece. When once gets wet we just open them up and let them dry and wear the other pair.

mudpuppysmom
09-29-2008, 03:23 PM
DS and I wear our sandals (Merrells for me and Nike "stretchy" ones for DS). DH on the other hand frequently wears his tennis shoes. Very rarely does DH wear his sandals -- I guess his feet get cold!!

DS and I have been to the world a few times in the rain and we can just dry our feet off and go. Yeah the sandals are still moist, but they dry faster than a pair of soaking wet tennies!!

Also, I have heard that if you STUFF your wet shoes with toliet paper or paper towels for a few hours that does the trick. I've never done this though!

One more thought......bring an extra pair of tennies!:D