PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip Dinner

glenpreece
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Ok so whenever I go solo I do 1 nice dinner. I've done Le Cellier, Artist Point (big letdown) and now I was thinking Cali Grill this time around. Is there somewhere else that would be better. Thanks to free dining in the past I've been to alot of the restuarants plus going 6 times helped too. lol

Here's a list of places I've been to:
Kona Café
Olivia's
Cape May
50's Prime Time
Sci Fi Dine In
Crystal Palace
Cinderella's Royal Table
1900 Park Fare
Akershus
Boma
Hollywood and Vine
Chef Mickey's
O'Hana

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Coral Reef! Great scenery - be sure to be close to ocean tank!

Chris :hatter:

JPL
09-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Yak & Yeti is a great place to dine solo since you can eat at the bar :thumbsup:

glenpreece
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I think coral reef would be cool although I am not a big fish eater (well unless it's harry ramsden's fish and chips) the men u for Yak and Yeti looks varied and interesting but I ma never in AK for dinner. It's a morning park for me get in and out in an hour.

ElenitaB
09-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey, Glen! Can we look forward to some trip reports from you? They're always so good.

Anyway, I really like CG. Another place I've always wanted to try is Narcossee's.

Good luck with the decision!

glenpreece
09-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey, Glen! Can we look forward to some trip reports from you? They're always so good.

Aww thanks!!! Of course there will be trip reports!! I am just so anxious to be going at Christmas!!!

iDisney
09-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I vote for the California Grill... especially if you can go around the time Wishes starts! Great food, great view, great overall!

Simba's Mom
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I've eaten solo at all the ones mentioned here-Narcoose's, Coral Reef, and California Grill. I had an excellent server at California Grill, but it wasn't my favorite (partially because when I went outside to view "Wishes", I suddenly remembered that I'm afraid of heights). Narcoose's was really nice, especially since I timed it to see both "Wishes" from the MVMCP and the Electric Water Pagent. However, Coral Reef is my favorite of the 3 because I always get a table next to the tank and I really enjoy watching the fish.

glenpreece
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I would like to try Cal Grill, love to dress up a bit on vaca, but i am not seeing anything on the menu i would like. so it's looking like coral reef!! Thanks everyone

passholderryan
09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
I'd try getting an outside table at the Big River Grill/Brewery over at the Boardwalk. Around 7:00pm it's not so hot and a great view.

Hull-onian
09-29-2008, 05:55 PM
If I were alone, and it could happen, I would go to Fulton's Crab House. The food is so good and then the shopping at DTD is so worth it.

Natazu
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants You Haven't Been to Yet:
7. Jiko
6. Il Mulino
5. Narcoossee’s
4. Citricos
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

eam
09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Citricos at Grand Floridian, is an excellent place for single diners you can have dinner at the bar, but I often see guests dining alone at a table. The food is exceptional, the style is relaxed, and there is a good view of the fireworks from many tables.

glenpreece
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants You Haven't Been to Yet:
7. Jiko
6. Il Mulino
5. Narcoossee’s
4. Citricos
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Aww thanks Jim!!!

badkitty
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I think coral reef would be cool although I am not a big fish eater (well unless it's harry ramsden's fish and chips) the men u for Yak and Yeti looks varied and interesting but I ma never in AK for dinner. It's a morning park for me get in and out in an hour.

Yak & Yeti is great for lunch! You might want to add it to the end of your morning routine.:eat:

I also agree with a passholderryan on Big River. It is a perfect location to sit outside on the boardwalk.

If dressing up is a key factor, than I would agree with Coral Reef!

Katzateer
09-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I have gone to Kona's alone quite a few times and enjoyed.

Another place that would be good solo at Epcot is Garden Grill. The tables are fairly secluded and anytime we have gone and gotten a table on the bottom level you don't even see any of the other customers. I have never eaten there solo but I think it would be a good place to go.

I wouldn't like California Grill alone. It seems to be more of a place to relax and socialize and get a great meal. We are never there less than 2 hours with the different courses and it would seem like forever by yourself. If you do decide to go, hope you enjoy it.

Hope you have a great time!:mickey:

glenpreece
09-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I have gone to Kona's alone quite a few times and enjoyed.

I ALWAYS go to Kona whether alone or with someone. I have to have those wings. :)