PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Kindle eBook

caryrae
09-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Has anyone used the Amazon Kindle? I am thinking of getting it for my wife, she loves reading. She love Nicholas Sparks and I see you can get alot of books from him for it even new and upcoming titles. It is a bit pricey but it looks pretty neat and the price for the books are good $10 and under.

SBETigg
09-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I've heard good things about it. It looks pretty neat. The concern was that gadget/techie people would love it, but real readers wouldn't embrace it. Readers love holding actual books. However, it really seems to be catching on with everyone and now a lot of books (mine included, and selling really well there) are available in Kindle edition. I would love one, if I could afford it.

caryrae
09-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey Sherri, Do you have any idea what they mean by "Kindle Edition" is it that same as the actual book or is it like a condensed version?

SBETigg
09-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey Sherri, Do you have any idea what they mean by "Kindle Edition" is it that same as the actual book or is it like a condensed version?

It's the same as the print version word for word, it just means that it is downloadable to the Kindle for reading. So if you want the book in print, you don't want the Kindle edition. But if you have a Kindle and you want to load it on to that, you buy the Kindle edition. It's like buying a song for your iPod vs buying the actual CD. Same thing, different format. I'm not sure how it works with actually loading it, though, if you load it to your PC then to the Kindle or if you could read it on your computer as well as the Kindle. I imagine you can find out more from the actual Kindle order site.

caryrae
09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Thank you!:)

PhilHarHarMagic
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Anyone heard when the next version is going to come out?