PDA

View Full Version : Footwear recommendations for December's cooler/wetter days?

Dsnygirl
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi all... having never been at WDW (or even in FL) during the cooler weather, I'm not sure what shoes work best in the parks on those days you can't wear flip flops or tevas.

I love Merrells and Clarks/Privo, but don't have any of their more casual, slip-on type sports shoes... does anybody have any recommendations? (and it doesn't have to be those brands... those are just some I recently tried on) I'd like to have something that is a bit warmer/drier just in case we have some cold days - but I'm not a big traditional sneaker person.

Thanks!! :thanks:

disneydeb
09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll be in my New Balance tennis shoes /walking shoes.

disneymom15
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
We going in Dec. again (5th time in Dec). I'm not a sneaker wearer either, but I just bought a pair of New Balance casual lace up shoes for our trip (very cute). I'll also bring flip flops and my well broken in loafers.

thumperbug
09-26-2008, 07:39 PM
My last 2 December trips to WDW were anything but cold. We were able to wear shorts and tee shirts every day. Never had to wear long sleeves or pants at night but keep in mind....December can be chilly in Fl. We have have the luck that no matter when we travel to WDW or how many times it is always unseasonably warm when we are there.

Wear what you will be comfortable walking miles upon miles in.

Check the weather in Orlando a few days before your trip so you know what to pack.

mudpuppysmom
09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Since you are from a cold weather climate.....like we are, you might just take your Merrells with you. I take them with me and once we get to the hotel I shed my tennis shoes and put on the sandals (Merrells) and don't put the tennis shoes on again until we hit the ground in Pittsburgh!

If you like the weather like it is now.....been in the low 70's here this week) you should be fine with sandals! If you like your feet to be warm, wear your tennies.

disneylovinmom
09-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I wore my Clark's slip on clogs or my Skechers sneakers, depending on what outfit I was wearing. Those Clark's are the most comfy shoes in the world. They are top quality and last for years. I didn't have sore feet any of the time with wearing either pair of shoes.

ilovemyjj31
09-28-2008, 06:13 PM
ok yall ill be bundled up(im from fl) and wearing my pants and crocs WIth socks!!!!lol:thumbsup:

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Last December I took my Nike's (that I had always worn for working out) and 2 pair of Clark's. The Nike's gave me the BIGGEST blisters I had ever had and the Clark's gave me smaller blisters. I wished so bad that I had taken some of my sandals - as they never give me blisters?????? It was in the 80's every day we were there. My best advise is to take different types of shoes and wear which ever pair turns out to be the most comfortable and appropriate for the weather. Have a great trip! We loved going in December. Great weather and beautiful sights.

diz_girl
09-30-2008, 03:09 PM
You'll just need to worry about cooler days, rather than wetter ones in December. Check out Info Central (Weather - then Historical Temp Averages by Day) and you'll see just how dry December is at WDW. Of course, you should be prepared if it rains, but in December it's not common.