PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic package?

Madame Leona
09-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Is it possible to book a Fantasmic package the same day or is it something that needs to be done in advance? Thanks for any input.

brian2000boston
09-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Do an ADR, when we there they didnt have any walk ups, i am guessing since it involves fantasmic you may have to do that anyway

KatMark
09-26-2008, 03:03 PM
You have to book it as far in advance as they will allow you becasue there are limited reservations available and only three restaurants participate so they go very quickly.

KylesMom
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Yep, we've been participating in the Fantasmic Dinner Package since 2001 and have always had to have an ADR (and before that, a PS ;) ). On occasion they may have space available, but it is very popular - and I'm sure it will be getting moreso in the future with limited Fantasmic shows. :(

Madame Leona
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks, everyone. We don't usually make adrs so we may have to skip this one. I might see if we can get lucky and book it when we are there. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

InLikeSin
09-26-2008, 08:40 PM
We have booked an ADR for Mama Melrose using our DDP. The reservation is for 5:30. Can we use this for a fantasmic package? Is there something we need to do to upgrade it for the VIP seating?

pixiesmimi
09-27-2008, 12:07 AM
You have to specify in your ADR that you want the Fantasmic Pkg. I think, not sure, that you need your ADR earlier than 5:30 though to get out in time for the show. We have always made ours around 4:00 - 4:30 and they always told us to be at the gate by 6:00. They can tell you that if you call back on it.

brian2000boston
09-27-2008, 08:32 AM
You have to specify in your ADR that you want the Fantasmic Pkg. I think, not sure, that you need your ADR earlier than 5:30 though to get out in time for the show. We have always made ours around 4:00 - 4:30 and they always told us to be at the gate by 6:00. They can tell you that if you call back on it.

When we were there 1.5 weeks ago the waitress said even though the ticket says be there between 6:30 and 7:30 that we should go at 7:15 as 6:30 is way to early. We went at 7:15 and there were plenty of seats and all were fine. The wait in there can seem long so I would delay until you have to go in!

pixiesmimi
09-28-2008, 01:56 PM
When we were there 1.5 weeks ago the waitress said even though the ticket says be there between 6:30 and 7:30 that we should go at 7:15 as 6:30 is way to early. We went at 7:15 and there were plenty of seats and all were fine. The wait in there can seem long so I would delay until you have to go in!

We've always gone to the gate about 6:30 and it hasn't been bad sitting and waiting. I would rather be sitting down waiting and people watching than standing at the gate waiting in line to get in (without the package). The earlier you get in, the more choice you have in seats and since the reserve seats are to the right instead in the middle, I like to get as close to the middle as we can. It gives the kids a chance to kind of run off some of their energy too up and down the steps before the crowds come in and they have to sit still. Also, if you want to go to the concessions, you get do that before the crowd gets heavy.

I'm wondering though, sometimes there are others already in there sitting in the center section when we get in there even though we get in before the crowds. How do these others get in early or do the different restaurants have different reserved sections? I didn't think so but just now started wondering about it.