PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Honeymoon Day 4

DreaminofDisney24
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Cast:
Me-26-first time
DH-Steve-26
Sept. 12-21, WL and free dining

I would totally be lying if I said that we got up bright and early day 4 and headed to a park...I would be totally telling the truth if I said that we slept in until 9, and lounged about until 12:30:D I decided that I couldn't take it anymore, and I just had to get some Disney shopping in...i mean, c'mon...shopping in Disney...I heart souveniers!After promising Steve that there was A.C. aaaand he could make his own light saber, we quickly hopped on the next downtown disney bus. As we strolled down the lane between the shops, visions of stuffed animals and mugs and magnets and ornaments and and...well everything danced in my head. :cloud9: We first started to browse the stores, taking note of what we might want in each, just so we could get a feel for everything and spend wisely (ha!). We did stop at the Earl of Sandwich for a delicious lunch (mmmm...ham and cheese....) and I kept pushing Steve because he was eating waaaay too slow in my opinion-c'mon babe, there's money to spend! We entered "Once Upon a Toy" and Steve headed straight towards the light saber station...I got some great shots-he was so cute, especially because he happened to have his shirt on that said "geek". Yes, I'm married to a computer geek, and proud of it! I grabbed a stuffed Kermit here, 'cause I love him (how can you not love Kermie?) and then we started attacking the rest of the stores with wallet and shopping bag in hand! We left that day a few dollars lighter and a few ornaments, blankets, mugs, cups, icecube trays, cookbooks and other souveniers heavier:blush:!
We hit the hotel, and we were both a little tired, so of course, naptime! (I swear, I'm worse then a 2 yearold!) We got up with every intention to swim, but there was some long periods of lightening all night, and it just wasn't worth it. We knew that we had an incredibly long day on Tuesday, so we stayed in, eating some Roaring Forks counter service in bed, and I watched some tv and Steve worked on some homework on his laptop. We're taking every advantage of this couple-only trip before children come into the picture! Ha!
Up next: A long, fun day 5 at MNNSHP!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the reports, we're all a little geeky sometimes:)

yjgirl32
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
I wish I had thought about taking pictures of my "geek" making his lightsaber. I think that was the highlight of his trip! Great report.

Lizzie
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a fun day. Thanks for the report.

mickey&missy
09-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a nice relaxing day!!

tinkerbell04
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Who doesn't love shopping! Thanks for the report!

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh I can relate to the souvenier collecting! Its too much fun at Downtown Disney! Thanks for sharing your day. I enjoyed it!

pdrlkr
09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dtootsie42
09-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Sounds like another great day....don't you love your geek! I'm married to one and he is the best!

laward32
09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Ahhh! A great day of shopping. Sounded like fun. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
09-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Must have been a very successful shopping trip! Clearly, it was a very relaxed day!

#1disneyfan
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Love the souvenir and sugar plum references, very cute! Sounds like a very exhausting day, even without the parks! Thanks for sharing, off to read day 5.

KylesMom
10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Ooooh, do I love shopping at DTD! Sounds like a very successful (and exhausting) excursion! :mickey: